Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Need to lighten things up in here a bit...

How about Jason Babin??? He proved alot to me today. Two tackles on LT behind the line and was always around the ball.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #2
mes311
Rookie

Default Our rookies..

I think Babin played a great game. Was very impressed. No sacks, but he played well. At least 2 tackles behind the LOS. There was that other play where he grabbed LT with one arm and slowed him down enough for little gain.
I think Robinson played pretty good but he did have 2 penalties. That 40 yarder was big, although he did have that receiver well covered.
Didn't pay much attention to the others, but saw that Starling was having a little trouble shedding blockers when he would get downfield on kicks, at least on the couple I focused on him on. Overall, the rookies that played looked good.
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just fixing to post this also. Babin REALLY impressed me today.
Old 09-12-2004   #4
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Babin had a very nice debut no doubt about it.
Old 09-12-2004   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

He had that receiver arm locked. Babin dropping LT twice behind the line was awesome.
Old 09-12-2004   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

babin played well, what was he thinking on that late hit on lt?
i dont think this was a good game for dunta. he made some nice tackles, but he looked bad on some coverage ESPECIALLY the caldwell td. he also had that long pass interference call. he gave up a couple of big plays that reall hurt the team.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #7
FatBoyTim
Rookie

you guys saw a different game than me then. I saw no pass rush and a bad OT crush him 6 times and dunta got schooled by a bad WR and QB. And the pass interference call for 43 yds and he let caldwell beat him when he trips over his own feet for a 37 yd td??? also same play where was babin??? he was on his arse with fonoti sitting on him that is where. Coleman also played soft. This is very very concerning.
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2004   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

You're right Fat Boy. It's ovious you watched a different game than us.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTim
you guys saw a different game than me then. I saw no pass rush and a bad OT crush him 6 times and dunta got schooled by a bad WR and QB. And the pass interference call for 43 yds and he let caldwell beat him when he trips over his own feet for a 37 yd td??? also same play where was babin??? he was on his arse with fonoti sitting on him that is where. Coleman also played soft. This is very very concerning.
Babin was arse alright, he made 6 tackles and two on LT behind the LOS sitting on his butt.
Old 09-12-2004   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin was solid in run suport. Fair in pass rush. He was doubled everytime I watched him on a rush. It looked like he had been told to maintain contain to his side incase LT came up with it. Should have left Wong open more than once.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read