Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Best Announce Team?
NBC - Al Michaels/John Madden 20 55.56%
CBS - Greg Gumbel/Phil Simms 4 11.11%
FOX - Joe Buck/Troy Aikman 9 25.00%
ESPN - Mike Tirico/Joe Theismann/Tony Kornheiser 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2006   #1
texanfan2100
Veteran

Default Best Announce Teams

I'm sitting here watching the Hall of Fame game and wondering where Micheals and Madden rank with everyone compared to the other network teams.

Personally, I think Michaels and Madden are the best, followed by Buck and Aikman for Fox. Gumbel and Simms are okay, and that MNF team on ESPN is going to be awful.

What's everyone think?
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really like the Madden/Michaels duo. I like Aikman and Joe Buck. Greg Gumbel and Phil Simms are alright. Don't know what Kornheiser will be like on Monday Night Football, but I don't really like three man teams to begin with. I can't stand Theismann. I like Tirico, but he should stick to NBA games.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What I'd really like to see is Michaels/Aikman.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted Madden/Michaels.
Old 08-08-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

madden's just the coolest and al michaels is the voice of football to me, they're deffinately my top two.
Old 08-08-2006   #6
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Where does Dennis Miller rank in all this?
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

poor greg and phil.
Old 08-08-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
poor greg and phil.
I voted for them. Phil Simms is one of my favorites. I can't believe someone voted for the Theisman team. I can't stand those guys, especially Joe and Tony.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #9
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Phil Simms and Jim Nance, not Gumbel.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
I can't believe someone voted for the Theisman team. I can't stand those guys, especially Joe and Tony.
Well, I voted for them. I can't wait to see Tony Kornheiser in the booth.

Of coarse you have to understand, I was the one person who loved Dennis Miller on MNF. At least the one person who can admit it.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Well, I voted for them. I can't wait to see Tony Kornheiser in the booth.

Of coarse you have to understand, I was the one person who loved Dennis Miller on MNF. At least the one person who can admit it.
I liked Miller.

But Joe... no. No to Joe. Noooo no no no no Joe.
Old 08-09-2006   #12
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
It's Phil Simms and Jim Nance, not Gumbel.

You're right, it is Nantz now. They were playing musical chairs with Gumbel and Nantz, and I thought it was Gumbel who went from the studio to the booth. I guess it was the other way around.

They're still third best, regardless of who the play by play person is.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #13
KKHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
I voted for them. Phil Simms is one of my favorites. I can't believe someone voted for the Theisman team. I can't stand those guys, especially Joe and Tony.
No one knows more than Joe Theisman about football.

According to him.

Can't stand him. Didn't care for him as a player, and care even less as an announcer. ESPN should wise up. Then again, Disney doesn't seem to make many good decisions lately.
Old 08-09-2006   #14
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Gumbel and Simms. Phil Simms is an awesome colour guy, Madden's just creepy, Buck's "That's absolutely disgusting!" rant at Randy Moss's post-touchdown celebration didn't do him credit, and while I like Kornheiser on PTI, I don't know about him doing a football game.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100
You're right, it is Nantz now. They were playing musical chairs with Gumbel and Nantz, and I thought it was Gumbel who went from the studio to the booth. I guess it was the other way around.
Actually, James Brown moves over from Fox to host the CBS studio show. Gumbel will team up with Dan Dierdorf. I'm sure Ian Eagle & Solomon Wilcots will continue to get the majority of Texan games.

My favorite broadcast team currently is Dick Stockton & Daryl Johnston. All time, it was NBC's Charlie Jones and Bob Trumpy.
Old 08-09-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Ron Franklin and whatever sidekick is lucky enough to work with him.

ESPN must be punch drunk to have demoted him (Franklin) to the Duece. He should be calling the primtime game on ABC...not doing some regional broadcast on ESPN2.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read