Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2004   #41
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I thought Carr was pretty sharp. One of his two INT's was that tipped ball that looked like a punt return it went so high. The other INT was clearly his fault. I don't think that he was the problem though.

DD's fumbles were much more harmful. That second fumble cost us a good chance to tie the score. It is a shame because it overshadows an otherwise good day for him.

Penalties also killed some drives. That hold by Bruener killed a big play by Davis. Funny thing is that hold had no barring on the play. Miller had a costly one too.

There is a lot of blame to go around but I think Carr was only a minor player in this loss.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #42
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
We threw more to RB then trying to go deep, so their secondary knowing we weren't going to challenge them could stay at LOS and blitz more...We cost ourselves the game with short passing game and giving away the ball FOUR times...Texans BEAT themselves
I've thought about this too. I'm beginning to wonder if the Texans coaching staff is afraid to let Carr throw the ball deep. Do they not believe he is capable of throwing an accurate deep pass?
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #43
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

With how conservative the Texans are and not testing the opposing secondary you'd think Texans had mediocre receivers....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read