Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Buy/Sell thread

Kubiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end

Buy or Sell?

Last edited by Wolf; 08-05-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #2
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Kuiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end

Buy or Sell?

Sell. If he has not done it now in this heat then it would be wierd for him to do it later.

Buy or sell------ Anthony Weaver 8+ sacks this year
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to jack the thread, but why do some freak out over Kube wearing the sweatshirt? It keeps you from getting sunburned, a lot of people wear long sleeves during summer when doing yardork, fishing, etc.
Old 08-05-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kuiak will get rid of the sweatshirt by seasons end
Sell. The temperature will start dropping by the time the season really gets started anyways. And as TFL said, if he hasnt done it by now than I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Not to jack the thread, but why do some freak out over Kube wearing the sweatshirt?
It's just cuz he is the new guy. He needs a little roast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Anthony Weaver 8+ sacks this year
Sell. I personally don't expect it out of him. I do expect Mario to get at least that many though, ahaha.

Buy or sell ..... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season
Old 08-05-2006   #5
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Buy or sell.... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season
Buy....but im not gonna get it started if you know what i mean.

Buy or sell.....Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede
Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day
Buy. Spencer has looked extraordinary in training camp and IMHO Kubiak is looking on not only him but Winston as well to be the new faces of the Texans O-line.

Buy or sell.... Domanick Davis starts more than 12 games this season.
Old 08-05-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47631 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede
Buy....but im not gonna get it started if you know what i mean.

Buy or sell.....Charles Spencer will be our starting left tackle on opening day
Sell, I say by week three

Buy/Sell

Smith will be our starting RB vs the Eagles

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2006   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47631 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Buy. Spencer has looked extraordinary in training camp and IMHO Kubiak is looking on not only him but Winston as well to be the new faces of the Texans O-line.

Buy or sell.... Domanick Davis starts more than 12 games this season.
sorry, didnt mean to skip over you. Funny how our b/s is similiar.

Old 08-05-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
sorry, didnt mean to skip over you. Funny how our b/s is similiar.
Agreed. But what do you think about mine? Buy or sell?

For yours I say sell. A lot of sources are saying that Domanick is recovering on schedule and he should work back into the depth chart by the end of pre-season.
Old 08-05-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Sell. The temperature will start dropping by the time the season really gets started anyways. And as TFL said, if he hasnt done it by now than I doubt it.

It's just cuz he is the new guy. He needs a little roast.

Sell. I personally don't expect it out of him. I do expect Mario to get at least that many though, ahaha.

Buy or sell ..... Carr throws for 3000 yards this season
BUY Carr has already done the 3000 yrds already i look for him to hit 35 to 38 hundred yards
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Agreed. But what do you think about mine? Buy or sell?

For yours I say sell. A lot of sources are saying that Domanick is recovering on schedule and he should work back into the depth chart by the end of pre-season.
I would say buy. If what you say about his recovery is accurate with the addition of Putzier and a new blocking scheme, should take the ware and tear off DD.

Buy/sell

Winston starts at right tackle by seasons end.

Old 08-05-2006   #12
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Sell, I say by week three

Buy/Sell

Smith will be our starting RB vs the Eagles
Sell. I think DD will probably be OK to start early on, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Smith at starting RB late in the season.

Buy/Sell
We will have a player win Rookie of the Year. (DeMeco, Mario, or a dark horse)
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
We will have a player win Rookie of the Year. (DeMeco, Mario, or a dark horse)
Buy. I'm looking for DeMeco Ryans to make a big impact this year. We are talking about a guy who has shown excellent potential and leadership at any LB position we need him. IMHO, he will be a starter behind our DL by week 4. I expect him to make plays. This guy has defensive honors in the SEC... that is something worthy of notice. In any other draft he would have been a 1st rounder, no doubt.

Buy or sell.... Our WR tandem AJ and Moulds both get 1000 yards receiving this season.
Old 08-05-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

sell, I think Walters will take some of that yardage along with the TE's... I wouldn't mind though

Kubiak becoming coach of the year.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Buy or sell.... Our WR tandem AJ and Moulds both get 1000 yards receiving this season.
Sell. AJ will get 1200 while Moulds will get 800. They both have the potential, but I think Carr has too many targets to have two 1000 yard recievers. That's not a bad thing

Buy or sell...Phillip Buchanan lives up to his potential and is a starter for all 16 games (assuming he won't get injured).
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #16
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sell, I think Walters will take some of that yardage along with the TE's... I wouldn't mind though

Kubiak becoming coach of the year.
Buy...can't deny the man his glory when we have the year we're gonna have.

Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game.
Old 08-06-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Buy or sell...Phillip Buchanan lives up to his potential and is a starter for all 16 games (assuming he won't get injured).
Buy.... I don't think Faggins (when he returns) or McCleon will overtake him right now, unless he gets injured, as you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game?
Buy.... Our D-line has been looking dominant now that we have converted to the 4-3 and Mario should have plenty of chances to tear up McSnabb.
Old 08-06-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Buy.... I don't think Faggins (when he returns) or McCleon will overtake him right now, unless he gets injured, as you said.

Buy.... Our D-line has been looking dominant now that we have converted to the 4-3 and Mario should have plenty of chances to tear up McSnabb.
Hey T13, where's the Buy/Sell question?
Old 08-06-2006   #19
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Buy/Sell...Mario gets his first regular season sack in the Philly game.
Buy are DL will be a abosolute beast.

B/S AJ gets 10 or more touchdowns.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #20
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Sell. AJ will get 1200 while Moulds will get 800. They both have the potential, but I think Carr has too many targets to have two 1000 yard recievers. That's not a bad thing

Heck, I'll buy that one. Man's gotta buy into something sooner or later.

Buy/Sell...Carr hits Moulds for a TD with the very first throw.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read