Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' play of the day (video clip)

http://www.khou.com/sharedcontent/Vi...9747&catId=505

This must be the catch Joppru made that everyone was talking about in the training camp thread, what a catch!
Old 08-05-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I hope he can do that often. The catch and getting in the endzone that is.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joppru showed good moves today. My only hope is that he or Putzier can be as good of a blocker as Bruener. If that happens, our TE set will be a serious force to reckon with!
Old 08-05-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

AWE-SOME!!! I am officially too dang excited to wait any longer. :bananasplit:
Old 08-05-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what? That's the first time I've ever seen Bennie Joppru on a field actually playing. We've never seen him in a game and I never saw him in college.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
You know what? That's the first time I've ever seen Bennie Joppru on a field actually playing. We've never seen him in a game and I never saw him in college.
I noticed this as well. I remember all the talk about the injuries, but he seems to be (at least to the naked eye) in good condition. Let's hope that he can put that behind him and stay healthy! He looks to me like he could be a dangerous weapon.
Old 08-05-2006   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

How many posts until Carr haters say that the ball was overthrown?
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
It couldn't have been overthrown, it was thrown just perfect to qualify it as the "Texans Play of the Day".
Old 08-06-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Wait until either SWTBound, TwinSister or thunderkyss get online.
Old 08-06-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha. I thought the exact same thing.

But the ball was over thrown. Or Jop was to slow to get to his spot. Take your pick.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
But the ball was over thrown. Or Jop was to slow to get to his spot. Take your pick.
Either way he took a nasty spill after the catch.
Old 08-06-2006   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Either way he took a nasty spill after the catch.
Yeah I kind of cringed and held my breath when he took that tumble to the ground...
Old 08-06-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Yeah I kind of cringed and held my breath when he took that tumble to the ground...
Haha, I remember watching him skid across the grass. I was hoping he hadn't broken anything. Can't wait to see him perform though.
Old 08-06-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure the entire team was holding their breath until he got up.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I'm sure the entire team was holding their breath until he got up.
What bothers me is that I'll probably do that everytime he goes up for a ball or takes a hit during the entire season.
Old 08-06-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Maybe Joppru has gone Costanza on us is doing the exact opposite of what he used to do which means that he will start to deliver the pain and injure opposing players on the field.

Mr. Glass could turn into the Punisher.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Maybe Joppru has gone Costanza on us is doing the exact opposite of what he used to do which means that he will start to deliver the pain and injure opposing players on the field.

Mr. Glass could turn into the Punisher.

"Hi, my name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents. Would you like to go out with me?"
Old 08-06-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:

"Hi, my name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents. Would you like to go out with me?"
I love that show. I was thinking the same thing... hahaa.

Shouldnt you be working, texan279?? Haha.
Old 08-06-2006   #19
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Hands as soft as a baby's backside!

I also enjoyed Earl shaking his head in disbelief and the hi-five from the DE (Kalu?).

From the one of the recent training camp reports, Kubiak seems to be high on Joppru so I think he will be somewhere on the roster.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree seeing the defense congratulate a great effort is very good to see. As Kubiak has said they finally becoming a team. Not different units.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read