Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Winston happy to be back in Texas

Quote:
"I loved College Station and I loved A&M, but for me it just wasn't the right place at that time," he said. "But I'm still a fan and root for them on TV and stuff."

The 6-foot-7, 310-pound player was chosen by the Texans in the third round of this year's draft after gaining second-team Associated Press All-America honors as a senior.

"Miami was great and I loved being there, but I'm so glad to be back," he said.

Winston feels like he's a good fit for Houston's new offense because of his athleticism and ability to run. But he's working to improve a key aspect of his game.
http://www.theeagle.com/stories/0804...0060804049.php
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"When asked if he'll ask the coaches about catching a pass or two, Winston, who hopes to go into politics after his football career, had a very diplomatic answer."
After practice Thursday night, I noticed while Winston walked off the field he was having a very animated discussion with second year center Drew Hodgdon. I mention this because I read several things about Hodgdon last year when we drafted him, and found out he to was very interested in politics as Winston is. The article went on to say that he was definitely left of center, something that didn't surprise me since Hodgdon is from the San Fran Bay Area.
Anyway, I wonder about some of the non football conversions Winston, from
West Texas (Midland), and his new teammate Bay Area native Drew Hodgdon
might have ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, Winston and/or Hogdon would be able to intimidate political foes just by their sheer size...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Geez, Winston and/or Hogdon would be able to intimidate political foes just by their sheer size...
You will vote for me or I will eat all your food and sit on your villages.

Fear me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
You will vote for me or I will eat all your food and sit on your villages.

Fear me.
More like "vote for me or I will fart in your general direction. The stench will be great". Or they could use the old "rip your arm off and beat you severely about the head and shoulders with it" routine. Either way, they've got my vote. LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read