Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which Texans running back will end up being The Man?

This is the title of the latest FanBlog post: Link

Stuff that you prolly know, and stuff that you might not.

This is more of a thought exercise on various things we know about the running back situation right now.

Prolly this post will look foolish in hindsight, but you never know.

Old 08-05-2006   #2
Texansbacker
Veteran

Dominick will be the man if he is knee is repaired and won't break down. If it does, I think Antowain Smith might surprise a few people here and around the league. A fresh start back in Houston, his alma mater, and looking spry. Smith has always been undervalued in my opionion. He did a pretty good job last year in a ugly situation and it is not like he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring as a starter. That all said, if Dominick is healthy, he will be the man.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
This is the title of the latest FanBlog post: Link

Stuff that you prolly know, and stuff that you might not.

This is more of a thought exercise on various things we know about the running back situation right now.

Prolly this post will look foolish in hindsight, but you never know.

TC, as usual, a nice synopsis of the RB status. As I have written for the past few months, I worry about the presence/development of degenerative arthritic (bone on bone) changes, alone or with other continuing undisclosed problems which may worsen his (Davis') condition. This has been reinforced by the recent announcement of a "bone bruise."

To quote the conclusion of your link on "bone bruise":

Quote:
as clinicians we must assume that bone bruising as a single entity is a harbinger of posttraumatic arthritis
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
TC, as usual, a nice synopsis of the RB status. As I have written for the past few months, I worry about the presence/development of degenerative arthritic (bone on bone) changes, alone or with other continuing undisclosed problems which may worsen his (Davis') condition. This has been reinforced by the recent announcement of a "bone bruise."

To quote the conclusion of your link on "bone bruise":
Yup, I was thinking of you when I put that stuff in there.

I figured it would be better than saying, some dude that posts thoughtful stuff on the Texans MB says that this could be doubleplus ungood.

Cuz some people might think, well it is only a bone bruise--I knock my shin into the coffee table all the time:

Old 08-05-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, it's nothing. Only a flesh wound.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #6
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Red face Chris Taylor is the 2006 MVP for the Houston Texans

The most spectacular player on the Houston Texans is Chris Taylor. Many of you have never seen anyone quite like him. He's exceptionally fast, versatile, durable and hard nosed determined not only to make the Texans football team but be recognized league wide for being the true most valuable player in the NFL!

Quote:
Yup, I was thinking of you when I put that stuff in there.

I figured it would be better than saying, some dude that posts thoughtful stuff on the Texans MB says that this could be doubleplus ungood.

Cuz some people might think, well it is only a bone bruise--I knock my shin into the coffee table all the time:

Chris Taylor MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Vernand Morency, I think this will be his year...
Old 08-05-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor MVP
The most spectacular player on the Houston Texans is Chris Taylor. Many of you have never seen anyone quite like him. He's exceptionally fast, versatile, durable and hard nosed determined not only to make the Texans football team but be recognized league wide for being the true most valuable player in the NFL!

Is that you Chris?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If Domanick Davis is injured, I hope the Texans can trade for someone. I don't know if Thomas Jones is available, especially now that Cedric Benson got injured, but if he is I would go after him. I would try Chris Brown too, but I don't think he'll be traded.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #10
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Default No, I'm not Chris Taylor

Though, my user name is Chris Taylor, I am not Chris.
It's just that I've watched him grow into being a humbled, hard working child academically and athletically all his life. He's one of the rare athletes who are highly competitive in what ever he does. He never gives up whether on the field or in life. You will never catch him in bars at night. But you can definitely find him studying film and the written information needed to be the best. I will guarantee you this, Chris works harder, studies harder than anyone on the Texans team. Mark my words, actions speak louder than words and Chris Taylor's actions will definitely prove the words, 'Chris Taylor MVP', is the Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Is that you Chris?
Old 08-06-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
Is it ridiculously optimistic to still be holding out for Reggie Bush???

Nope? Just ridiculous.

Thats it blue....your one post away from my ignore list....say something nice about David Carr and I SWEAR I'll click the button.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Though, my user name is Chris Taylor, I am not Chris.
It's just that I've watched him grow into being a humbled, hard working child academically and athletically all his life. He's one of the rare athletes who are highly competitive in what ever he does. He never gives up whether on the field or in life. You will never catch him in bars at night. But you can definitely find him studying film and the written information needed to be the best. I will guarantee you this, Chris works harder, studies harder than anyone on the Texans team. Mark my words, actions speak louder than words and Chris Taylor's actions will definitely prove the words, 'Chris Taylor MVP', is the Truth!

....Monarch???

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #13
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
....Monarch???

Now that was a good one.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to swtbound07 again.
Old 08-06-2006   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:

Appreciate your enthusiasm.

I think that the biggest knock against Taylor is that he didn't have a lot of experience in college, and is relatively raw.

I think that the biggest thing that can be helpful to Taylor is that Kubiak doesn't care about where or if you were drafted, he just wants people that can play.

Welcome to the message board--it would be a nice story if Taylor could contribute to the team.

P.S. Are you Chris' mom or someone else related to him?
Old 08-06-2006   #15
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I've been hearing about Taylor. It they get the line set it may not matter who the man back there is. Denver has always been able to find nuggets where everyone else sees only rocks. I think Kubes/Smith will begin to do the same in Houston.
Old 08-07-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
I like what I've been hearing about Taylor. It they get the line set it may not matter who the man back there is. Denver has always been able to find nuggets where everyone else sees only rocks. I think Kubes/Smith will begin to do the same in Houston.
Gossip is that the Texans like Taylor but that maybe he has hit a little bit of a wall in camp. He got smacked pretty hard once in camp today trying to turn the corner, and I was worried he might not get up. I had one of those moments where I actually thought, boy they need to show a replay of that, and then realized where I was at. Duh no replays.

Smith looked nice in camp today.

I don't recall seeing Morency today, but that doesn't mean he wasn't out there--I was moving around and visiting some with folks. I saw for sure Smith, Taylor, Lundy but I didn't notice Morency or Rhodes, but I mighta just not been watching attentively. EDIT: Wait a sec, I did see Rhodes at least once. I gave him a WTG.
Old 08-07-2006   #17
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Default Hard nosed determination

To set the record straight, I am not related to Chris Taylor.
I am a great fan of his. No matter how hard he's hit, he will
score touchdowns and be the MVP. Just wait and see!
Old 08-07-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
To set the record straight, I am not related to Chris Taylor.
I am a great fan of his. No matter how hard he's hit, he will
score touchdowns and be the MVP. Just wait and see!

It would be a great story. Kubiak has done good things with lower drafted and undrafted players in the past, and running backs have a lesser learning curve than some positions, so you just never know.

He has just about the best situation for him to succeed in.

On one hand, he has relatively little college RB experience. OTOH, that means there is less tread on the tires.

I would love for him to score touchdowns and be the MVP. Just a few things would make me happier.
Old 08-07-2006   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally am rooting for Wali Lundy to take over. I just think he is the best fit for what Kubiak is looking for. He runs with good power, balance, vision, and has a knack for finding the endzone. Lundy is a very similar player to Mike Anderson in my opinion. Nothing pretty but he gets the job done.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

From today's camp quotes:

Quote:
(on RB Domanick Davis) “To be honest, our plan for Domanick was to play him quite a bit in this game (Kansas City Pre-season game) and the Denver game, and to keep him off the turf when we go to St. Louis. It looks like that plan is going to change. I don’t think it’s time to panic. It seems like we’ve been at it a long time as I said this morning, but we’ve only been at it ten, 11, 12 days and I’m not sure exactly what it is, but we still have plenty of time to get it done. The key is that Domanick has to respond. We have to get his knee back to the first day he stepped on the field and to get the swelling out, and we haven’t been able to do that up to this point. (head athletic trainer) Kevin (Bastin) thinks we’re making progress. Like I said, it could be Wednesday; it could be Thursday; it could be next Monday, but I don’t want to put anything on him. I just say we keep doing what we’re doing, and when you’re ready to go, we’ll go.”

(on ample talent to back up Domanick Davis) “Oh yeah, we have to have. We’re putting this team together to go play Philadelphia. Right now we’re looking forward to Philadelphia, if Domanick isn’t ready to go, the guy that dots the I for us as a football team is going to be one of those five guys out there working everyday. Who’s it going to be? I don’t know. In the pre-season we’ll find out; whoever steps to the plate and does it. Like I said, I don’t care where they came from or how they got here. If they’re the best guy playing football, they’re going to be the one playing for us.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read