Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Anthony Weaver is our best defensive lineman"

"To people in the business who know, he was probably the No. 1 free-agent D-line acquisition in the NFL over the winter.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4096143.html
If we got the best vet FA D-lineman and the best college D-lineman in the 2006 Draft, we should have a basis for a very solid D-Line.
I dunno, but should we be concerned aboot their size ? We may field a D-Line
that averages under 290 lbs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
"To people in the business who know, he was probably the No. 1 free-agent D-line acquisition in the NFL over the winter.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4096143.html
If we got the best vet FA D-lineman and the best college D-lineman in the 2006 Draft, we should have a basis for a very solid D-Line.
I dunno, but should we be concerned aboot their size ? We may field a D-Line
that averages under 290 lbs.
The Colts will be fielding a DLine that average about 250 lbs. We will actually have a very big Dline for a 4-3. The great thing is that the rotation will allow a lot of flexibility. For instance, on a running down, we could have Weaver and Mario on the edges with Payne and Robaire on the interior. Meanwhile, on a clear passing down, we could have Peek and Babin on the edges and Mario and Weaver in the middle.

It's going to be an entertaining season!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default D-line

No doubt about it, this D-Line has to the potential to be very nasty, for the first time. Walker was older and all talk, and I think he was a cancer on the Defense. WIth SRobaire mith's nasty streak, Weaver's high motor, and the addition of a D-End stud in Williams, the 4th guy can be our version of Carolina's Brenson Buckner, just make a few plays, and don't mess anything else up. This front four is going to be really good and we have a alot of depth. My only concern is the back 7. We hace a decent set of LB's, but no clear cut starters yet, and the secondary looks like a MASH unit right now. Let's just hope we get healthy, so we can see what this team can really do on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 08-05-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
The Colts will be fielding a DLine that average about 250 lbs.
That small ? I've heard reports that the Colts would start Mathis and play him as an every-down D-Lineman. He'd been at 'bout 235 in the past, but figured
he'd bulk up some because of his expanded role, but IMO he is still awfully risky to have on the field on rushing plays.
But if the Colts average only 'bout 250, they are gonna have some pretty small tackles. Their weakside end Feeney is what 260-265 ?
If anybody can jump up on Indy with a lead, hold it, and run the ball, the Colts D will be in big trouble IMO.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
WIth SRobaire mith's nasty streak...
I just wanna know how fast you have to type to accidentally get the "S" in Smith in front of Robaire.

You know somebody's gonna say that with Weaver, Babin, and Peek that DE wasn't a need in the draft. All I can say is we got ourselves a D-Line.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is going to be good. I can feel it. This time last year I was feeling less than optimistic. Now, I really feel like Kubiak will have this team ready to win more games than they lose....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
That small ? I've heard reports that the Colts would start Mathis and play him as an every-down D-Lineman. He'd been at 'bout 235 in the past, but figured
he'd bulk up some because of his expanded role, but IMO he is still awfully risky to have on the field on rushing plays.
But if the Colts average only 'bout 250, they are gonna have some pretty small tackles. Their weakside end Feeney is what 260-265 ?
If anybody can jump up on Indy with a lead, hold it, and run the ball, the Colts D will be in big trouble IMO.

They certainly will have an eeny, teeny, tweeny, Freeney D-line.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our d-line will be one of our huge strengths. Weaver and MW will make everyone elevate their game, and we'll start seeing the beginning of a dominant line that will be the foundation for a great D for years to come.

I'm stoked! Seeing our defenders penetrate the backfield and disrupt the offenses rhythm is one of the most exciting aspects of football, IMO. I know a lot of people focus on big offensive plays (which I understand), but watching an awesome defense is truly a sight to behold.
Old 08-05-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

I'm stoked! Seeing our defenders penetrate the backfield and disrupt the offenses rhythm is one of the most exciting aspects of football, IMO. I know a lot of people focus on big offensive plays (which I understand), but watching an awesome defense is truly a sight to behold.
Lord knows we have seen the opposite of that over the last 4 years.

Be nice to give a little payback to the rest of the league.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Visitors to houstontexans.com will get to know Tony pretty well this season...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read