Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dan LeBatard clear upgrade over Kornheiser on PTI

The ESPN-ACLU combo needs to practice what it preaches, and put diversity
ahead of home office politics and replace Tony Kornheiser with Danny Le Batard on its PTI show.
Kornheiser may attend the same "church" as those who run the combo, but
the Miami columist is more qualified to be Michael Welbon's cohost because he simply knows more about sports than Kornheiser. And he's a very, very
sharp guy who is also more provocative and entertaining than TK.
And Le Tard is Cuban-American. How many Cuban-Americans can you name besides Luci's dead husband who are or were TV personalites ? And in the
Sports field ?
C'mon ESPN-ACLU, do the right thing !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Le Batard is replacing Kornheiser when Monday Night Football starts. I think.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I think Le Batard is replacing Kornheiser when Monday Night Football starts. I think.
I hope you're right M_T, because Danny and Mike have very good chemistry
which will only develope and Danny also knows his stuff.
ON MNF, I like Mike Tirico doing play-by-play, but don't know what Theisman
brings to the show ?
If they want to go with the Kornheiser experiment, why not put him and
Mel Gibson on together ? Wouldn't that tend to make the show more lively than attempts at banter between Kornheiser and Theisman ?
Old 08-04-2006   #4
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

I Like Tony i guess becacuse he is an ol' goober. lol
Old 08-04-2006   #5
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

I feel like tony and michael have great chemistry and the fact that i have been watching them for the past 3 or 4 years makes it weird for not one of them to be on.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #6
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
I feel like tony and michael have great chemistry and the fact that i have been watching them for the past 3 or 4 years makes it weird for not one of them to be on.
Agreed, Dan reminds me to much of Drew Rosenhaus with his attitude.
Old 08-04-2006   #7
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg
Agreed, Dan reminds me to much of Drew Rosenhaus with his attitude.

Those two sort of look a likewith the black hair. they seem to be around the same height and weight or is that just me?
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2006   #8
Smokedawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Those two sort of look a likewith the black hair. they seem to be around the same height and weight or is that just me?
It's True, they both look and act like cheesy used car salesmen
Old 08-04-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want anyone to replace either Mike or Tony. It's weird when one of them is gone for just one episode. Is Tony going to leave the show full-time or only on Monday's? Mike and Tony arguing is hilarious. Dan and Mike Wilbon...not so much.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #10
Hutch13
List of demands

Quote:
It's True, they both look and act like cheesy used car salesmen

Exactly! Couldnt say it better my self
Old 08-04-2006   #11
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

DLB is growing on me but there is no way he even comes close to the Entertainment value that Kornheiser brings. He's got the kind of humor for every generation of fan, often making jokes about today's pop culture and making references to back in "his day". It's just good stuff from him and Wilbon.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
DLB is growing on me but there is no way he even comes close to the Entertainment value that Kornheiser brings. He's got the kind of humor for every generation of fan, often making jokes about today's pop culture and making references to back in "his day". It's just good stuff from him and Wilbon.
Agreed. TK is the show for me.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the show is designed so anyone can fill the spot easily. kornheiser is the best.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

This PTI combo came to be because of two guys who have been working together at the same newspaper forever. That's what works for me (when I watch it).
Old 08-06-2006   #15
bigtex77
Veteran

I like Tony and Mike together and I'm not a big fan of Lebatard. I just wish Tony would retire the "Penguin Dance" forever. I want to punch him in the face every time he does it.
Old 08-06-2006   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
I like Tony and Mike together and I'm not a big fan of Lebatard. I just wish Tony would retire the "Penguin Dance" forever. I want to punch him in the face every time he does it.

Ahahahhaha the Penguin dance is the best thing in the history of television.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Tony is going to be doing PTI from the road during football season just like Wilbon occasionally does it from the road when he is covering major sporting events.

I remember hearing him talk about that a few months ago.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

PTI itself will be on the road for the MNF games.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006   #19
Smokedawg
Veteran

I still don't see how Tony can do MNF because he is in bed by 9:00!
Old 08-07-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I still don't see how Tony can do MNF
Texans fans, I remember Howard Cosell. I was a Howard Cosell fan, and
Texans fans, TK is no Howard Cosell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read