Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2006   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Davis given full medical clearance

Texans | D. Davis given full medical clearance, should be ready Week 1
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:47:49 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) has been given full medical clearance by doctors to resume normal activities. He is expected to be ready for Week 1.

Hervoyel statement below about Boselli is not factual. The NFL Network did not launch until 11/2003. Adam Schefter was a sports writer in Denver in 2002 and 2003. He was named Colorado Sportswriter of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in 2002 and 2003.

Last edited by Texian; 08-04-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Funny how things seem to change so quickly. I hope it is correct and he doesn't suffer any other setback by coming back too early.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #3
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

If anybody needs a link it is on KFFL.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Im not so sure I trust Schefter after his reporting during the NFL draft...
Old 08-03-2006   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not so sure I trust whoever cleared DD...

...I don't care about the report, his knee is not 100%
Old 08-03-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

See, I know a lot of things have changed around here but when I see the kinds of things I've seen happen over the past few weeks with Domanick Davis and then I see a press release like the one quoted here I tend to see the following (red because I see it that way, alarms go off if you get my drift):

Texans | T. Boselli given full medical clearance, should be ready Week 1
Thu, 3 Aug 2002 16:47:49 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Houston Texans LT Tony Boselli (Shoulder) has been given full medical clearance by doctors to resume normal activities. He is expected to be ready for Week 1.

Maybe I just need a little more time to restore my trust that what I'm hearing about injuries from this organization is even close to what's really going on.
Old 08-03-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
See, I know a lot of things have changed around here but when I see the kinds of things I've seen happen over the past few weeks with Domanick Davis and then I see a press release like the one quoted here I tend to see the following (red because I see it that way, alarms go off if you get my drift):

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Houston Texans LT Tony Boselli (Shoulder) has been given full medical clearance by doctors to resume normal activities. He is expected to be ready for Week 1.

Maybe I just need a little more time to restore my trust that what I'm hearing about injuries from this organization is even close to what's really going on.
I agree, when I read the original post my stomach turned a bit...
Old 08-03-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Before I post this there are 7 posts in this thread. Excluding the two by the original poster that leaves 5. Four of those are concerned that this "clearance" isn't worth the time it took to put it up on KFFL.com and I'd describe Zep as sounding pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic.

Yeah that Boselli experience didn't have any lasting repurcussions on the way the fans think.

Old 08-03-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Before I post this there are 7 posts in this thread. Excluding the two by the original poster that leaves 5. Four of those are concerned that this "clearance" isn't worth the time it took to put it up on KFFL.com and I'd describe Zep as sounding pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic.

Yeah that Boselli experience didn't have any lasting repurcussions on the way the fans think.

Add that to the fact that DD is still having pain in that knee and having to rest for two days at a time I do not see how he was medically cleared.
Old 08-03-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

The way our luck's running he'll probably break his leg on Monday ..... knock wood
Old 08-03-2006   #11
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Davis....

He was out for practice thursday evening, just riding the bike. Hopefully he will stay in running shape, and its' most likely best that he doesn't get beat up in the preseason!
Old 08-03-2006   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) has been given full medical clearance by doctors to resume normal activities. He is expected to be ready for Week 1.
Read the part that i made massive. Unless he went to Dr. Nick from the Simpsons, I doubt any doctor would put their reputation on the line and give him full clearance for the hell of it. Injuries take time to heal, lets all just be patient, relax, and have faith in our new coaching staff.
Old 08-03-2006   #13
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

capers would describe it like this:

"well if it was during the season, he would be able to go. we are just holding him out from contact as a precaution"

i understand some injuries you just have to play through when its the regular season, but this is a chronic problem DD is having and i doubt there is an end in sight. hopefully morency, smith, and taylor can show us something good
Old 08-03-2006   #14
AFD1717
Veteran

I'm actually pretty confident that Davis will be ready to go by week 1. I'm also pretty confident that he will be on the shelf again by week 3.
Old 08-03-2006   #15
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
I'm actually pretty confident that Davis will be ready to go by week 1. I'm also pretty confident that he will be on the shelf again by week 3.
Sadly, you pretty much nailed it on the head...
Old 08-04-2006   #16
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
Sadly, you pretty much nailed it on the head...
I'll second that. It's a shame, because this is how the story of all-too-short careers begin.

I hope we (the ones thinking it's over) are all wrong. He was such a surprise and always did such a great job. He carried the load on a really bad offense, and put up some good numbers.

MAN! I REALLY hope he bounces back! He deserves to be part of a good offense.
Old 08-04-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
I'll second that. It's a shame, because this is how the story of all-too-short careers begin.

I hope we (the ones thinking it's over) are all wrong. He was such a surprise and always did such a great job. He carried the load on a really bad offense, and put up some good numbers.

MAN! I REALLY hope he bounces back! He deserves to be part of a good offense.

Isn't this an example on why you don't give running backs long contracts with huge signing bonuses?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #18
touttail
All Pro

Quote:

Note, both comments coming from same media--same person.

Bet this is VERY reliable!!!!!!!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian

This is his whole article: link

Quote:
In the past week, Texans running back Domanick Davis has undergone an MRI on his knee and gone to see a specialist in Charlotte. His worries have matched those of Texans' fans, whose team bypassed running back Reggie Bush in the April draft.

Yet both can relax. Davis' checkups turned out to be fine, and the running back was told that there is nothing wrong with the knee that underwent surgery during the offseason. He is on pace to return from the injury and experiencing nothing that isn't out of the ordinary for a running back recovering from offseason knee surgery. Soreness is to be expected.

Now the Texans can continue developing a cautious schedule by which to bring back Davis, and the running back can begin mentally preparing for the season ahead. Doctors have given him the mental peace and physical clearance he wanted and needed.
Old 08-04-2006   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
This is his whole article: link
Unless his pain somehow magically disappeared after seeing the doctor I'm not buying it. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong, I would like to see him get another opinion or two. And if DD's knee was deemed fine by the doctor, why put him on a "cautious" schedule?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read