Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2006   #1
texflex513
All Pro

Default CB problems

With Mckenzie and faggins out Robinson hurting and buchanon hobbled I kinda wish we would have drafted a corner now. Who is left out there to sign?

THOUGHTS......
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #2
jparrish
Rookie

I'm not sure which veterans are still out there, but there will be plenty of cb's available after roster cuts are made.
jparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default True need

I thought this was the area of need also. NOt one Dback added to the team cia the draft. I would even take a veteran with some experience to add to the depth. Better than having a rookie in the 5-7 round anyway!
Old 08-03-2006   #4
real

Buchanan is hurt ?
Old 08-03-2006   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Our current DB core is not overly deep.

Veterans: Dunta Robinson(ankle), Phillip Buchanon(hamstring), Lewis Sanders, Dexter McCleon, Kevin Garrett, Mark Estelle

Rookies: Trammond Williams, John Walker

I can honestly guarantee that Manning may be worried bout our pass rush, but our corners he is not at all.
Old 08-03-2006   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
I'm not sure which veterans are still out there, but there will be plenty of cb's available after roster cuts are made.
I hope you're right. Pickings are slim, right now. I believe former Titan Tony Beckham is available. Ex-Raider Denard Walker remains unsigned. How about 35-year old Willie Williams? Or 36-year old Dale Carter? Urgh!
Old 08-03-2006   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Personally we wait till after the first preseason game when cuts will be made. At that point we can look over some guys and see who is available. The main thing is the Texans are going to want to bring in Vets and not really undrafted rookies and what not. There are a couple of teams that have some guys that are on the chopping block, we just have to see if any fit our system.
Old 08-03-2006   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Our best hope now is that all our investment in the DLine will allow average corners to avoid exposure. I know pass rush is supposed to help subpar corners and all, but these aren't the sort of experiments I look forward to.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Zeppelin look at Carolina when they made their Super Bowl push. Their corners were not very good, hell average at best, but they made plays when the could and the front seven did alot of the work. Who knows, we may be ok, but also it is really too early to worry about it.
Old 08-03-2006   #10
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

didnt San Fran recently release one of their starting corners from last year? Forget his name, but might be worth checking into.
Old 08-03-2006   #11
joshri
Rookie

The 49er you are talking about is Ahmed Plummer and I think that he retired. I think it was a bit of a suprise retirement.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to Dexter McCleon. I've read some good things about him. But it makes me wonder why he was available, though.
Old 08-03-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I'm looking forward to Dexter McCleon. I've read some good things about him. But it makes me wonder why he was available, though.
http://ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=kc

In a secondary with Sam Madison and Sammy Knight, along with the fact that they drafted two rookies in this years draft, they obviously didn't feel the need to keep an aging corner who would be a nickel for them. Most likely nothing against him except his age.
Old 08-03-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We were 2-14 last year and there was only so much that we could do in the offseason to turn this thing around. After the draft we knew where our biggest weakness was at a skill and depth standpoint, the Secondary.

It stinks, but why should we be "crying" given the sample of return on investment to date and the change of direction this team has taken for the better as a whole.
Old 08-03-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
http://ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=kc

In a secondary with Sam Madison and Sammy Knight, along with the fact that they drafted two rookies in this years draft, they obviously didn't feel the need to keep an aging corner who would be a nickel for them. Most likely nothing against him except his age.
Good point and thanks for the info!
Old 08-03-2006   #16
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
We were 2-14 last year and there was only so much that we could do in the offseason to turn this thing around. After the draft we knew where our biggest weakness was at a skill and depth standpoint, the Secondary.

It stinks, but why should we be "crying" given the sample of return on investment to date and the change of direction this team has taken for the better as a whole.
I won't claim to have very good information at this point because I just read the recent injury information one time, but most of it looked like the kind of injuries you would play through in the season. Is that correct?

My concern is the number of injuries. I don't know if that has anything to do with the nature of practices or if this staff is being more informative than we are used to seeing. I kind of wonder how everyone else here feels about that.
Old 08-03-2006   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
My concern is the number of injuries. I don't know if that has anything to do with the nature of practices or if this staff is being more informative than we are used to seeing. I kind of wonder how everyone else here feels about that.
It's probably a bit of both of those things.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Will Peterson available? Still fairly young and has starting experience.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Isn't Will Peterson available? Still fairly young and has starting experience.
That's what I was thinking. But then I read this:

http://www.kffl.com/player/1269/nfl
Quote:
NFL | Peterson to miss the 2006 season
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:31:49 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports free agent CB Will Peterson (Giants) will miss the entire 2006 season because of a recurring back problem. Peterson is expected to draw interest from NFL teams in 2007, assuming he can return.
Maybe next year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read