Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Out of RESPECT.............

I know that this story itself is NOT about the Texans, but it's the type of story that you seldom come across. When you do, it can tweak something inside. It's the type of story that illustrates that respect begets respect, and selflessness can stengthen the man and his team. This is the type of story line I can see already developing amongst our own Texans..........respect between the old and new..................and the heaviest of competition without "cut blocking."

Quote:
"He thanked me all the time, and I told him I didn't need a thank you because I was part of the team, and that's part of my duties," Staley said.
Mutual respect AND class....Staley/Bettis
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome post Cloak. A quality trait that can turn an average group of guys into stars.
Old 08-03-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CloakNNNdagger again."

An excellent post.
Old 08-03-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I always enjoy reading about people doing a good thing. Thanks for the info.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Allow me to mince threads. This quote came from the Babin/Peek competition thread.

"We're friends," Peek said. "We're competitors. But at the end of the day, we're teammates. We've got to come together for the good of the team and help us win some ballgames. It's the coaches' decisions to do what they have to do. I'm sure what they decide will be the best for the team."

I think camaraderie and teamwork is more of an emphasis this year than individual achievement.

I want to add this quote from The Untouchables:

A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. lf his team don't field...what is he? You follow me? No one.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 08-03-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read