Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 days until preseason opener!

I didn't realize it was so close! Man, I love football season.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #2
Dcol_79
Rookie

The Eagles and Raiders are playing this Sunday. Yee Haa
Dcol_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcol_79
The Eagles and Raiders are playing this Sunday. Yee Haa
Is that game this Sunday or Monday? Man, I am pumped up!
Old 08-02-2006   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/preseason/2006

HALL OF FAME GAME
Sunday, Aug. 6
GAME TIME
Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Canton, Ohio) 8:00 p.m. (NBC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #5
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/preseason/2006

HALL OF FAME GAME
Sunday, Aug. 6
GAME TIME
Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Canton, Ohio) 8:00 p.m. (NBC)

the only thing bad about this is that we will have to start listenning to chris collinsworth again....he maybe as bad as steve tasker and ian eagle....
Old 08-02-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We play both teams, lets watch the game and pick apart their weaknesses!
Old 08-02-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
the only thing bad about this is that we will have to start listenning to chris collinsworth again....he maybe as bad as steve tasker and ian eagle....
No one, and I mean no one, is worse than Brent Musberger. :brickwall
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Back Sunday
First NFL game on NBC since John Elway led the Broncos to a Super Bowl win over the Green Bay Packers in 1998.
Is Bob Costas going to be announcing the game or is he going to do the pregame show? I hope it's the pre-game show since I can't stand him. If he's doing the actual play-by-play or color commentary, then I guess I'll have to suffer.
Old 08-02-2006   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Musberger was at his finest during the Bourbon Bowl.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #10
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
We play both teams, lets watch the game and pick apart their weaknesses!
I don't think you will be able to identify a team's weaknesses based on their first preseason game. But I will take anything at this point! Bring it on!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
You CAN DO IT!!!
Old 08-02-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
I don't think you will be able to identify a team's weaknesses based on their first preseason game. But I will take anything at this point! Bring it on!
I just want to see the new offense and defense. I want to see the differences between Kubiak and Capers. Does anyone know how many series or quarters the first teamers usually play in the first preseason game?
Old 08-03-2006   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Is Bob Costas going to be announcing the game or is he going to do the pregame show? I hope it's the pre-game show since I can't stand him. If he's doing the actual play-by-play or color commentary, then I guess I'll have to suffer.

He's the best play-by-play man in the business. Why wouldn't you want him doing the game? He knows the players on each team, what down it is, and what yard line they're on... Have you any idea how rare that is?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #14
jparrish
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
I don't like him much, but I have to disagree with you. The worst is that one guy that totally flipped out when Randy Moss faked a moon to the crowd. I believe he was like "that is a vial act"...."I am disgusted"..."I'm sorry you all at hom had to see that."

Big deal...it would have been different if Moss actually pulled down his pants, but he didn't.
jparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
I don't like him much, but I have to disagree with you. The worst is that one guy that totally flipped out when Randy Moss faked a moon to the crowd. I believe he was like "that is a vial act"...."I am disgusted"..."I'm sorry you all at hom had to see that."

Big deal...it would have been different if Moss actually pulled down his pants, but he didn't.
That would be Joe Buck I beleive. I don't think he should've commented as much on it as he did, but it was a stupid thing to do.
Old 08-03-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I was hoping Dan Fouts was going to B----slap him.
Old 08-03-2006   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I just want to see the new offense and defense. I want to see the differences between Kubiak and Capers. Does anyone know how many series or quarters the first teamers usually play in the first preseason game?
1st quarter, some into the 2nd. I believe the 2nd and 3rd preseason games, they play later into the game (3rd quarter or so). The 4th preseason game tends to be 1st team for a series, possibly 2 then backups the rest of the game.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
1st quarter, some into the 2nd. I believe the 2nd and 3rd preseason games, they play later into the game (3rd quarter or so). The 4th preseason game tends to be 1st team for a series, possibly 2 then backups the rest of the game.
Dang, the 2nd and 3rd preseason games are away.
Old 08-03-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
It is a good time to see a teams depth.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read