Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2006   #1
TexansMVP
Probowler

Default Babin and Spencer Fight

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4088266.html
By DALE ROBERTSON
Houston Chronicle

I found this excerpt in the last section of the article, and thought you guys would find it interesting. FYI, the article was about Putzier and was a pretty good read.

Quote:
Heat of battle

Rookie offensive tackle Charles Spencer and veteran defensive end Jason Babin got into a fight, but they weren't involved in a drill. They were standing to the side, and Spencer slapped Babin, and they got after it, but it was quickly broken up.

"It was hot, and we'd been going at it (in drills), and it's just one of those things that happens," Babin said. "It only lasted about 10 seconds. We were too tired to even cuss."

They were even more tired when they went at it briefly a second time.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin is one brave man because Spencer is a whole lotta beef! Seriously I am curious as to what happened since they were not involved in any drills at the time.
Old 08-02-2006   #3
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

It's good to see some fire in Babin, hopefully it will transfer onto his field production.
AggieTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexanFan
It's good to see some fire in Babin, hopefully it will transfer onto his field production.
I agree, I guess it is also good to see fire from our rookie tackle as well, and it is a REALLY good thing that Spencer didn't squash Babin like a bug!
Old 08-02-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Babin is one brave man because Spencer is a whole lotta beef! Seriously I am curious as to what happened since they were not involved in any drills at the time.
I suspect Babin got the best of Spencer in a just concluded one-on-one drill
and Spencer had some lingering sore feelings about the incident.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I miss something or have I not been paying attention?

When did Dale Robertson start writting again? Is Justice still around? Don't tell me we have both those guys writting equaly as horable as the other, writting for the same paper.

I also read a Fran Blinberry the other day. I thought he retired.

Or I just haven't been paying attention.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
When did Dale Robertson start writting again? Is Justice still around? Don't tell me we have both those guys writting equaly as horable as the other, writting for the same paper.
I also read a Fran Blinberry the other day. I thought he retired.
Or I just haven't been paying attention.
Gotta hand it to the Chronicle, they are beefing up their Texans coverage
this year, so far.
Robertson starting writing Texans stuff just the last few days as TC commenced.
And Blinberry did seem to have gone thru a hiatus from Journalism, but has starting wrinting Texans stuff himself as TC cranked up.
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2006   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Gotta hand it to the Chronicle, they are beefing up their Texans coverage
this year, so far.
Robertson starting writing Texans stuff just the last few days as TC commenced.
And Blinberry did seem to have gone thru a hiatus from Journalism, but has starting writing Texans stuff himself as TC cranked up.
So you are saying I should blame TC for Robertson and Blineberry?

I am sure that would make her happy to know she is responsible for the blond afro making his triumphant return back to Houston.

Old 08-02-2006   #9
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

O man there was a lotta good stuff in that article.

Quote:
Offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun, another Denver import and Putzier fan, echoed his boss' sentiments.

"It helps your execution when you've got a player who's familiar with your system," Calhoun said. "He's always helping the other guys. Just because he knows how to line up we can operate out of a few more formations."
and Kubiak bringing out the BUM!!!!

Quote:
Bum talks to Texans

Former Oilers coach Bum Phillips visited the afternoon practice. Coach Gary Kubiak, who served as one of Phillips' ball boys for two years in San Angelo, asked Phillips to address the team before practice.

When Phillips, 81, entered the practice bubble, he couldn't figure out if it was proper to keep his cowboy hat on or take it off. So he took it off.

"It was great to see Bum here," Kubiak said. "It brought back a lot of memories.

"When I asked him to talk to the players, he got real excited. He told them some stories about what it takes to be a winner. It was good to see him."
Stories about how to be a winner... I'll be. Hope somebody had their transitors wired to the right frequency.
Old 08-02-2006   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the writing at the Chronicle, one issue is that Manfull is pretty close to having a child and has probably gone on leave. Robertson is probably just filling in until she returns.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
So you are saying I should blame TC for Robertson and Blineberry?
I am sure that would make her happy to know she is responsible for the blond afro making his triumphant return back to Houston.
And Robertson would be the blond afro ?
BTW, what ever happened to afros ? Real afros.
That was one of the hallmarks of the proclamation about "black is beautiful".
I wish they'd come back.
You don't like Roberston & Blineberry ? I want copious amounts of Texans
coverage, no matter where I get it.
And Justice is still very active, but MLB seems to be his specialty.
Old 08-02-2006   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
And Robertson would be the blond afro ?
BTW, what ever happened to afros ? Real afros.
That was one of the hallmarks of the proclamation about "black is beautiful".
I wish they'd come back.
You don't like Roberston & Blineberry ? I want copious amounts of Texans
coverage, no matter where I get it.
And Justice is still very active, but MLB seems to be his specialty.
Not trying to be to negative but yes, I dislike Robertson. Richard Justice had spawned from this mans DNA. Although Justice has never been beat up by a player unlike Robertson.

I also blame the Oilers leaving due to the lack of support from that eras sports writing. All they did back then was blast the Oilers and harp on how we didn't need a new stadium.(now we have 3) The public formed there opinions based on what they had read and no support was ever generated for the team. They didn't even bother to report on the save the Oilers rally.

The pen truly is mightier than the sword.

Yes, Roberston back in the day has this huge head of curly blond hair. If you get a chance look up his old pics, they are kinda funny.

Old 08-02-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol nice, your supposed to get mad on the football field. My coach used to tell us that we weren't practicing hard enough if we didn't get into fights.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
My coach used to tell us that we weren't practicing hard enough if we didn't get into fights.
I don't think Kubiak shares that philosophy. I hope those two enjoyed the mile they had to run after practice in the sweltering heat.
Old 08-02-2006   #15
Frills
Veteran

Normally fights in camp aren't news, but when Babin hits someone for the first time in a years I guess some press is to be expected
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I don't think Kubiak shares that philosophy. I hope those two enjoyed the mile they had to run after practice in the sweltering heat.
Secretely, he enjoyed it. There is nothing wrong with two men fighting, as long as its not a bitter fight.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
Secretely, he enjoyed it. There is nothing wrong with two men fighting, as long as its not a bitter fight.
I think this is true of many coaches (and fans) and it may well be true of Kubiak.

I bet the players didn't secretly enjoy their run though.
Old 08-02-2006   #18
kingh99

Spencer's going to the steal of the draft. Just seeing that guy at the open house and I thought, he's going to mature into a MAN. Peek said he was the secret about to get out. Said he blocks heavy. Heavy as in you can't move him. Said he reminded him of Walter Jones.
Old 08-02-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure that Spencer's OL rookie counterpart, AKA Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer will come to his defense in the Texan's kangaroo court

"Gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and was later thawed by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! When I see Spencer's image during the film session, I wonder, is Babin stealing his soul? I get so upset, I hop out of my Range Rover, and run across the gridiron to the locker room, where I get TJ to make me one of those martinis he's so famous for, to soothe my primitive caveman brain. But whatever world you're from, I do know one thing: in the 20 years from March 22, 1986, when he first ordered that extra nicotine be put into his product, until February 25, 2006, when he issued an interoffice memorandum stopping the addition of that nicotine, my client was legally insane."
Old 08-02-2006   #20
wrestler4life
Veteran

Lmao

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read