Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-01-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Giants safeties not apologizing to Shockey

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5836926

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The post-concussion headaches that three-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey was experiencing Tuesday seemingly were of no concern to New York Giants safeties Gibril Wilson and Will Demps.

When a receiver comes into the middle of New York's secondary, they are going to pay a price this season.

Unfortunately for Shockey, he was the one to take a shot from Demps on Monday night, and it forced him to miss practice on Tuesday with a mild concussion.

Demps downplayed the collision, saying that both players were going for the pass thrown by Eli Manning and that there was contact. Replays showed Demps' elbow hitting Shockey's facemask, sending the receiver hard to the ground, where he lay for about a minute.

When he got up, Shockey pointed angrily to Demps, who signed with New York in the offseason after four seasons in Baltimore.

"I was going for the ball and the outcome, you guys saw it," Demps said. "We met at the same time. If it was one of those ones where I really wanted to hit him, I could, but why would I want to do that?"

Demps said he tried to ask Shockey how he was immediately after the play was over, but the flamboyant tight end seemed to ignore him. Two plays later, the evening practice ended and Shockey threw his helmet in disgust.

A day later, Demps felt there was no need to say he was sorry.

"We were both going for a play," Demps said. "It is what it is. It's a mild concussion. It's football."
Old 08-02-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

pretty dumb to be head hunting during training camp
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont read anything about headhunting there .... I read that they were both goin for the ball and there was a collision , thats just football , sometimes people get hurt .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't even a hit...Demps should just shut up, it was his elbow that hit is facemask..The ball was on target and Shockey was reaching for it and Demps elbow came across and hit him..Freak play, nothing major. Sure, he could have leveled him, but this is camp, ya don't blast your own guys. Freak play is all it was, nothing more. Shockey should shut up, was not intentional, Demp should shut up, was not intentional nor was it a stellar play..

Last edited by hobie; 08-02-2006 at 10:53 AM.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

What a crybaby. "I'm a star and I have a headache. I'm gonna throw a fit if you do your job."

Maybe he should ask Roy Williams to go easy on him sometime.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #6
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Its a contact sport Jeremy Shockey, suck it up.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #7
HeartofHouston
Veteran

I'm kinda on the fence about this one, cause Shockey is a big nasty TE and he should know how physical this sport can be even in practice. Stuff like that happens to players.. its the NFL. So he was wrong for that, and all that throwing your helmet mess.. completely unessecary for a professional football player.

On the other hand, Demps was still in the wrong (In My Book), this your team mate this guy will be a very vital piece of your team and while the collision may or may not have been intentional, you just took one of your teammates out of practice and that cause a step back in his progess. It really doesnt hurt to apologize if you take "ANYBODY" out let alone your own teammate.

Yes we all know this is football or what have you and everybody wants to hit hard and play hard but you have to realize that these players are humans too, and they have a family to get back to when this is all over, what happens when somebody goes up for a ball you hit them and they comes down akwardly on their neck and their paralyzed for the rest of their life, no apology then?? Come on now let's be football players but lets be human beings at the same time.

Just My
Old 08-02-2006   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston

On the other hand, Demps was still in the wrong (In My Book), this your team mate this guy will be a very vital piece of your team and while the collision may or may not have been intentional, you just took one of your teammates out of practice and that cause a step back in his progess. It really doesnt hurt to apologize if you take "ANYBODY" out let alone your own teammate.

Yes we all know this is football or what have you and everybody wants to hit hard and play hard but you have to realize that these players are humans too, and they have a family to get back to when this is all over, what happens when somebody goes up for a ball you hit them and they comes down akwardly on their neck and their paralyzed for the rest of their life, no apology then?? Come on now let's be football players but lets be human beings at the same time.

Just My
so nobody should hit star players during camp so? im not a 'saying sorry shows weakness' guy either but if it was just a collision then theres no reason to apoligise as long as its a clean hit in going for the ball. do rbs apoligise to defenders when they juke them eventhough using your logic that could easily break a defenders ankles because the rb made him make such an acute cut... this isnt basketball- there is contact and everybody is trying to win a starting job at camp so shockey should just stfu
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
What a crybaby. "I'm a star and I have a headache. I'm gonna throw a fit if you do your job."
Maybe he should ask Roy Williams to go easy on him sometime.
You got that right.
I dunno, but Shockey might want to call in sick when his team plays the
Cowboys this year, because I remember Roy Williams hitting a WR after
the receiver was already on the ground in the meaningless PB game in Honolulu earlier this year. Williams is a real CS.
But this Demps guy is a vet cut by another team the past year just trying to make the Giants roster, according to the article.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read