Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2006   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Texans Probowl

If you could choose 1 person on the Texans who you feel has a great chance to make the Pro-bowl, who would it be?

I'm going with Andre Johnson, with the additions of Moulds the field opens up for him, plus he has been reportedly doing great in his practices.
Old 08-01-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Chris Taylor...

In all seriousness, I'd go with Andre Johnson. He's been on the Pro Bowl team before while he was on the Texans and he's in the best situation that he's had in his whole career with mentor and #2 WR Eric Moulds drawing away coverage. The fact that he's beating up on the corners is exciting to hear and something to look forward to this year.
Old 08-01-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I was going to make a poll, but somebody on the team would have been left out

:bananasplit:
Old 08-01-2006   #4
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default The Carr Show!

DAVID CARR
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #5
southernmiss89
Rookie

Default pro bowl

dunta will be there but carr would make a nice cinderella story
Old 08-01-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aj...
Old 08-01-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2006   #8
Low Life
Rookie

honestly, any texan mentioned will make my day when it comes. i would love for them to say.... well the texans were the best at every position without a question. the whole team's going to the pro bowl. but i'll take whatever i can get. i'm a habitual grenade jumper.
Old 08-01-2006   #9
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #10
AfricanCracker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
If you could choose 1 person on the Texans who you feel has a great chance to make the Pro-bowl, who would it be?

I'm going with Andre Johnson, with the additions of Moulds the field opens up for him, plus he has been reportedly doing great in his practices.

talk about going with the obvious.....

im going for a longshot.. Carr
AfricanCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #11
TexansMVP
Probowler

Realistically, I agree that Andre Johnson has the best chance, but if a guy can dream, then I would pick both David Carr and Mario Williams.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #12
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

I'll go with players that have not been yet, and why they should go:

Who most deserves it: Dunta Robinson
After being robbed of ROY 2 seasons ago, and a SO. slump on a horrible Dedfensive team last year, look for D.Rob to bounce back with a vengance this year, on a team with a defensive back friendly pass rush with big play making ability

Who I wish would make it: David Carr
Most Texans fans would like for this to happen, but in an AFC stacked with QB's like Peyton, Brady, and Big Ben, this could be a dream for a while, but that is why I said "wish"

Who would shut everyone up: Mario Williams
This is obvious

Who would surprise everyone: Jason Babin
I went with Babin, because with the added attention given to Mario and with Babin returning to his natural position, he could thrive.
AggieTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexanFan
Who would surprise everyone: Jason Babin
I went with Babin, because with the added attention given to Mario and with Babin returning to his natural position, he could thrive.
I'd like to see Shantee Orr become a dominant linebacker. I thought he played very well last year (one of the few players who did) and I can see him getting 12-13 sacks this year. Bennie Joppru would be nice too. After him not playing for 3 seasons, it would be awesome if he came back this year and has a good year.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #14
DallasNiner
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 DallasNiner is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDallasNiner is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Cody Pickett
DallasNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

If he breaks into the starting lineup I would go on a limb and say Demeco Ryans.
Old 08-02-2006   #16
Frills
Veteran

Wand...caues if he's headded to the probowl, then we're headded to the playoffs
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre.
Old 08-02-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think it's either Carr's time, or Dunta's time.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #19
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Based on everything weve been hearing and my own oft stated man-crush I'll go with Demeco 'D-Wreck' Ryans - I really think he's going to tear it up this year in the middle for us if given the opportunity to start.

Worth Mentions: The usual suspects D-Rob & Dre - Mario might have a shot if he tears it up like others before him have.

Carr is a long shot too if he can produce consistently this year like he has the talent to do. IMO if he can be consistent all year long and limit his mistakes he could very well be the comeback player of the year and possible Pro-bowl backup. Manning and Brady will be tough to beat for the starter spot on the AFC squad, but if Carr was to make the Pro-bowl I think it would go a long way towards making some fans feel more comfortable with him at the qb spot for the next few years.
Old 08-02-2006   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is the safe pick and Dunta Robinson is IMO the popular choice. I think if Domanick Davis could stay healthy an entire season (which ain't gonna happen and I know it) then in this new system he'd get the numbers to make the Pro Bowl. With Edge heading to the Cardinals in the NFC that could really happen IF Davis could stay healthy all year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read