Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2006   #1
TexansFan4EvR
Rookie

Default DD had MRI

Davis, 25, pedaled on a stationary bike, continuing his rehabilitation from surgery on his left knee in January. As a precaution, the Texans asked Davis to undergo an MRI to survey for new damage, but nothing new appeared in the results.

"We took an MRI (Saturday), and it looked good," head coach Gary Kubiak said of Davis' knee. "It is bothering him. It may be a process where he goes two days and then takes a day off and comes back with two more."

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Well his knee is healthy why is it still inflammed? He had the surgery back in january. I mean hes only 25 how long does it take to get over a knee injury. ACL takes about 8 to 9 months and he didnt tear his.
Old 08-01-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not much on gut feelings...but I don't feel all that great about DD's chances of making a recovery to be an impact this season.

I wish him the best, but I fully expect to have someone else as starter at RB this season.
Old 08-01-2006   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

I'm wondering why he had to fly to SC, when we have UTMB here? LOL
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan4EvR
Davis, 25, pedaled on a stationary bike, continuing his rehabilitation from surgery on his left knee in January. As a precaution, the Texans asked Davis to undergo an MRI to survey for new damage, but nothing new appeared in the results.

"We took an MRI (Saturday), and it looked good," head coach Gary Kubiak said of Davis' knee. "It is bothering him. It may be a process where he goes two days and then takes a day off and comes back with two more."

Well his knee is healthy why is it still inflammed? He had the surgery back in january. I mean hes only 25 how long does it take to get over a knee injury. ACL takes about 8 to 9 months and he didnt tear his.
Knee scope usually takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from. Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs consisted of numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, and he has been participating in camp for the last month or so.
Old 08-01-2006   #5
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Knee scope usually takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from. Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs consisted of numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, and he has been participating in camp for the last month or so.
that one does make you wonder now doesnt it....
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I'm not much on gut feelings...but I don't feel all that great about DD's chances of making a recovery to be an impact this season.

I wish him the best, but I fully expect to have someone else as starter at RB this season.
I get the same feeling. I hope we get Bennett. At least we'll have a young RB who's rushed for over 1000 yards before.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I hope we don't get Bennet, I wanna see if our RB's can step up, and I don't like the idea of the Texans losing a draft pick.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan4EvR

I want to say one of chronicle's article mentioned that Davis does not have a normal amount of cartilage, so this change the dynamics of what's going on with the knee. Three are some medical people who post on this board who probably could explain it better.

Edit for link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4082817.html

Quote:
Davis is the key to the Texans' running game, and he has been nursing a sore knee that is running short of cartilage. The plan was to let him practice once a day, but soreness after the second day caused him to get an MRI exam that didn't show any new damage.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Davis is the key to the Texans' running game, and he has been nursing a sore knee that is running short of cartilage. The plan was to let him practice once a day, but soreness after the second day caused him to get an MRI exam that didn't show any new damage.
I am no medical expert, but that does not sound good...
Old 08-01-2006   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I would think that it would be easier for a QB to recover from that type of injury (unless you're Vick) since the necessity to make quick cuts and plants are more demanding for a running back.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
I would think that it would be easier for a QB to recover from that type of injury (unless you're Vick) since the necessity to make quick cuts and plants are more demanding for a running back.
My point was that Palmer's injuries were very serious, could have been career ending, and he is on the field practicing, not rehabbing his knee, and he had his surgery after DD did.
Old 08-01-2006   #12
Pigskin Porkers
Rookie

I posted this on the other DD thread. I am sure he is in pain, and it is inflammed a bit. I tore my meniscus as well as tore and had removed most of my cartilage in my ankle when I broke and dislocated it. There is scar tissue that needs to be loosened up. Plus it will feel different and ache at the end of the day. My knee still cracks and pops. To me it is more of a psychological hurtle. DD has to realize he will need to take some advil, and spend extra time with the trainers after the game. The heat doesn't help, but that is what an ice maker is for. He just needs get out there and go with it. Whoever is the number 2 back will get more reps all season to help reduce the load.
Pigskin Porkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin Porkers
I posted this on the other DD thread. I am sure he is in pain, and it is inflammed a bit. I tore my meniscus as well as tore and had removed most of my cartilage in my ankle when I broke and dislocated it. There is scar tissue that needs to be loosened up. Plus it will feel different and ache at the end of the day. My knee still cracks and pops. To me it is more of a psychological hurtle. DD has to realize he will need to take some advil, and spend extra time with the trainers after the game. The heat doesn't help, but that is what an ice maker is for. He just needs get out there and go with it. Whoever is the number 2 back will get more reps all season to help reduce the load.

I'm afraid that's the advice that repeatedly he received prior to his finally sucumbing to the scope.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #14
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I get the same feeling. I hope we get Bennett. At least we'll have a young RB who's rushed for over 1000 yards before.
I just don't get all the love some of you people are giving Bennett. I have to sit across from a bunch of Vikings fans every time I go to the sports bar to watch the Texans play, so I have seen alot of Bennet. Believe me, he isn't all that. He seems to get injured more than Fred Taylor, and that's saying something. One thing that is really telling to me about a player is how the fans of his previous team feel about him leaving. In this case, most of the Vikings fans that I talked to didn't care that he was leaving. I would have expected negativity over him leaving, or even regret that he was leaving, but I really didn't expect them to not care. I mean, these are hardcore Vikes fans, and they just didn't care.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin Porkers
I also had a meniscus tear and cartilage damage in my knee repaired in high school because of football injury. Majority of the time I feel no pain, but sometimes I do feel pain so bad I can barely walk, and it has been like that since I had the surgery.
Old 08-01-2006   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd lay odds that the MRI will show another tear in the meniscus and he'll need another 'scope. Does anyone know if they tried to repair the meniscii in January or did they just snip off the tear and smooth the rough spots?
Old 08-01-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I'd lay odds that the MRI will show another tear in the meniscus and he'll need another 'scope. Does anyone know if they tried to repair the meniscii in January or did they just snip off the tear and smooth the rough spots?
Would a tear in the meniscus be causing this much of a problem though with the pain and swelling?
Old 08-01-2006   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I don't think they have ever really said pubically, but the bits I have gathered here and there seem to indicate that it was the snip and smooth option. Remember the expectation was a two to four week maybe six week on the outside recovery and that he should have been ready to particapate in the OTAs in May/June.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read