Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006   #121
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Lufkin is one of the best HS teams with one of the most highly recruited WRs in the country. No shame there.
You'd still think you could limit them to below 72 points. When Klein played Lufkin a few years ago when Javorskie Lane was their main RB (his senior year I think) at least Klein lost 35-7 or something like that. 72...sheesh. I don't actively follow Klein, but that score is just odd looking. Not really a disgrace, more like "Holy @#$!!"

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #122
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In other action I was surprised at how close the North Shore - Baytown Lee game was. Is there a chink in the armor?
Was wondering the same thing myself.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #123
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie

McGuffie has no interest in going to Texas.

Here is a better one showing the leap in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygKqRMd94U&NR
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #124
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Here is a better one showing the leap in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygKqRMd94U&NR
i think your wrong, you will see
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006   #125
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Katy easily disposes of Jersey Village 58-7. It was 49-0 at the half.
Old 11-19-2006   #126
TexanDrifter
Rookie

Quote:
In other action I was surprised at how close the North Shore - Baytown Lee game was. Is there a chink in the armor?

I swear, my Mustangs are gonna put me in an early grave yet. Sadly this is one of their playoff games I missed...

The North Shore offense just isnt as explosive as its been in years past. So if the defense starts the game flat, things get really uncomfertable really fast. In particular the NS QB just doesnt seem to stack up against the guys they had in previous years. And not just Robert Reid, just in general NS has had QBs who could make something happen from the worst of situations. Havent seen much of that this year....
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006   #127
Panther5407
All Pro

I had to play against him like our third to last game of our season and I've never seen someone so fast. He tried to hurddle one of our players too but didnt turn out to well One of our safties caught his feet and flipped him. Sam is good but he isn't too bright (I think he failed like three classes but got them all waived) and is one of the cockiest people I've ever met. He's good no doubt about it tho.
Old 11-20-2006   #128
real

Hurdling guys in football can be bad for your health....
Old 11-20-2006   #129
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i think your wrong, you will see
I can't link this because it is premium content, but here is an excerpt from an interview with Sam McGuffie on insidetexas.com earlier this season:

Quote:
McGuffie is wide open as far as the schools that he is interested in, but location will definitely not factor into his final decision.

Im not like the same ole same ole kid. I dont really care about staying close to home at schools like Texas, Texas A&M, or Baylor, McGuffie said. I have lived in Texas my whole life and I want to see different places. I would like to go to the west coast or the east coast, maybe Florida. I also like the mountains. I want to go to a team with good players that will make me a great college football player.

McGuffie established a Pac-10 school as his overall favorite.

USC, McGuffie said. I get the white Reggie Bush a lot. I like to make plays. I make the kind of plays you never see.

Im looking for the school that fits me best, McGuffie said. The school that can get the most production out of me and hopefully make me one of the best college football players in the nation.
Old 11-22-2006   #130
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Sam McGuffie: The next reggie bush?

http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=1632

Or was reggie bush the first sam mcguffie?
Old 11-22-2006   #131
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sam McGuffie: The next reggie bush?

The Texans need to target McGuffie now so that they're ready to select him when the time comes. Seriously guys, he's a once in a lifetime talent that will change the game completely when he reaches the professional level.

Sam McGuffie is not the next Gayle Sayers. Gayle Sayers was just God giving us a preview of Sam McGuffie.

Old 11-22-2006   #132
Holden135
Veteran

anybody know where he is planning on going for college?
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #133
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Texans need to target McGuffie now so that they're ready to select him when the time comes. Seriously guys, he's a once in a lifetime talent that will change the game completely when he reaches the professional level.

Sam McGuffie is not the next Gayle Sayers. Gayle Sayers was just God giving us a preview of Sam McGuffie.

too funny herv

wow, must be like the show "heroes" that everyone talks about..
That would make 2 people now that can block a chuck Norris roundhouse kick
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #134
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Noel Devine is better: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_vx9CFYw22E
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #135
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Noel Devine is better
Devine is #11 on the rivals Top 100 (11th best collegiate prospect in the country). Still uncommitted btw - lots of SEC schools and the U and Mich are in the running. His videos have been on the net since he was a soph.

McGuffie is only a junior. Fwiw, his rivals page shows these schools on his list:

Iowa
Kansas State
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
Rice
TCU
Texas-El Paso

North Shore v. Pearland on Friday if anyone wants to see a good game (at Reliant). Unfortunately I will be out of town. I think Pearland takes out the 'stangs this time around.

Last edited by aj.; 11-22-2006 at 08:14 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #136
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If he goes to USC I'm going to puke....I hate USC
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #137
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
If he goes to USC I'm going to puke....I hate USC
Ditto
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #138
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

watching McGuffie's videos reminds me of watching a lot of Devine's videos...definitely some talent present but what is even more present is poor tackling
Old 11-24-2006   #139
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10 View Post
watching McGuffie's videos reminds me of watching a lot of Devine's videos...definitely some talent present but what is even more present is poor tackling
Poor tackling is pretty common in high school football.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #140
MrLizardTX
Veteran

Games I saw my High School team, Brazoswood play ...0-1
All other games............................................. .......11-0
I guess I'll miss the game next week vs Katy
MrLizardTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read