Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2006   #21
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

the most underrated district in htown area....24-4A....boasts 2 powerhouses in state ranked top 15. dont forget bay city is still there as well.

Go lamar consolidated! :bananasplit:
Old 08-25-2006   #22
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Oct 26 @ 6:00pm
Lufkin at The Woodlands - live on ESPN2

Apparently The Woodlands has decided to adopt the mantra "if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." They start the season against Smithson Valley, Katy, and North Shore. Ouch.

Then Lufkin for the district title match on ESPN ...

That's as tough of a four game set as you can get. Why not play Westfield while you're at it?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.
I don't think Taylor has ever had a standout program...have they?

As for the rest of the state for the 5A title, Southlake Carroll and Trinity might both be able to repeat. Although it shouldn't be to much longer untill Southlake Carroll gets so big they have to spilt it into two schools, ala Plano in the recent past.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #24
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Southlake is not that big of a high school. I don't think there are any plans for a 2nd HS in that area.

Man I am bummed now. My girlfriend and I were supposed to be in town 9/22 and I was gonna take her to Katy's homecoming, but now we had to move the trip up a week and Katy's got a bye that week.
Old 08-27-2006   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

SLC has only 2400 enrollment. Not big at all for Texas 5A. I've read where they don't have a lot of room to grow (landwise). That may or may not be true. Hoth-Boy, you should know being in Keller. I have family at Heritage so I'm somewhat familiar with the area but not specifically SLC.

Some of these enrollment figures are unreal. Plano and Plano East have 10,700 combined. Westfield is approaching 5000. Pearland is a one-HS district with over 4,000 and growing like mad ....

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/..._fb_enroll.pdf

Last edited by aj.; 08-27-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2006   #26
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Default Doubleheader @ Reliant

Reliant Stadium - Friday, September 1 - 5PM La Marque vs. Nederland and 8:30PM Brenham vs. Port Neches-Groves. La Marque and Brenham are state ranked teams, Nederland and PN-G come from 22-4A ( both small schools ~1480 with lots of fan support ). Should see some good HS football.
Old 08-27-2006   #27
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
SLC has only 2400 enrollment. Not big at all for Texas 5A. I've read where they don't have a lot of room to grow (landwise). That may or may not be true. Hoth-Boy, you should know being in Keller. I have family at Heritage so I'm somewhat familiar with the area but not specifically SLC.

Some of these enrollment figures are unreal. Plano and Plano East have 10,700 combined. Westfield is approaching 5000. Pearland is a one-HS district with over 4,000 and growing like mad ....

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2006align/..._fb_enroll.pdf
SLC Senior High has only two grades at it, Juniors and Seniors; so they should be ok for awhile, but in a few years they may be pretty crowded. They might be able to go for awhile. Most have been some disgruntled fans I heard it from.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #28
Mathis13
Veteran

Clear lake--- option offense
Mathis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #29
aj.
Hall of Fame

Full slate of games tonight. I'll be at Nimitz - Clear Brook.

TPX state rankings are out: http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/...asp?CID=579533

Last edited by aj.; 09-08-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2006   #30
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Katy will beat the Woodlands, or so I hope. Looks like a matchup of 2 powerhouse teams going at it, so that should be the game of the week on the HS level.
Not too many other states where HS football rivals that of the college and pro ranks.

Good luck to all teams !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #31
aj.
Hall of Fame

Not sure if anyone is watching Mizzou v. Ole Miss right now (12:20 pm CDT) but watching Mizzou is like watching a Texas HS all star team.

Chase Daniel (true soph, Southlake Carroll) is looking very good at QB - like beyond his years good. He just threw a 27 yard pass to true freshman WR Jared Perry from LaMarque. Anchoring the Mizzou OL is RG Mike Cook from Clear Brook. ....

Mizzou also has kids from North Shore and Cy Falls on their roster.

It's funny how some schools develop these pipelines. Years ago it was Colorado, then it seemed like Iowa was recruiting hard down here. Now Mizzou...

People tend to often overlook the kids that end up at these 'other' schools but it doesn't mean they can't play, and play well at least at the Div I level....

Last edited by aj.; 09-09-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-09-2006   #32
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
16) Spring Westfield (1-0)
Quote:
20) Cy-Falls (0-1)
Westfield won 13-6, but the game sure got off to a slow start. Not necessarily good defense, though they were good, but the offenses just weren't clicking. Coming back from halftime, the teams finally scored, thanks to the big plays from the running backs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #33
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
... and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.
Thanks AJ ... Just when I was feelin pretty good about life, you reminded me how old I am. Jeez, when I was in HS those were the state-of-the-art stadiums.
Old 09-09-2006   #34
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough.
SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.
Old 09-09-2006   #35
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As I waited for an hour for the Westfield-Cy Falls game highlights on FSN, I noticed how many Mustangs and Bulldogs there are---and of all the Mustangs, Westfield wasn't on the show.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #36
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.

Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state

Last edited by TFL; 09-09-2006 at 10:07 PM.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #37
TexanDrifter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state
In addition to all that, North Shore hasnt lost a regular season game during the previous five years. It was ALOT of fun going every friday night, even if most the games were terribly lopsided.

And then the big shocking moment when we lose in the playoffs. :brickwall

And the championship was in 2003. Yay for Bobby Reid!
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #38
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanDrifter
In addition to all that, North Shore hasnt lost a regular season game during the previous five years. It was ALOT of fun going every friday night, even if most the games were terribly lopsided.

And then the big shocking moment when we lose in the playoffs. :brickwall

And the championship was in 2003. Yay for Bobby Reid!
It's been quite the turn around to say the least. Good on 'em.
Old 09-20-2006   #39
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

game of the week in the state this weekend in Katy, as A&M Consolidated travels down to face Katy. Two top 10 state ranked programs
Old 09-20-2006   #40
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I wish that High School football was as popular in Canada as it is in the States, especially Texas. No one gives a s**t about it here. I go out to all my old Highschools games and support them and theres only crowds of about 20 or 30 people lol.

I guess it can be contributed to the fact that we do not have as high as quality football at the High School level as in the States.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read