Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Camp:from what I read on here:

I am excited about 3 things

AJ and what he is doing on the field
Chris Taylor at RB
John Walker

seems good reviews on all 4 days

day 4 and Pbuc gave me some hope

what is your excitement so far?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I am excited about 3 things

AJ and what he is doing on the field
Chris Taylor at RB
John Walker

seems good reviews on all 4 days

day 4 and Pbuc gave me some hope

what is your excitement so far?
Every hour I have taken a pic on my phone of the count down to our first pre-season game and sent it to all my friends.

I am sure they have appreciated it.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

No news on Carr, I really like that for some reason as in he is doing a lot of little things right. Boring stuff for media, but the real stuff we crave.

PBuch - Stay on him Coaches, give him some love, but keep his agent constantly around as a reminder.

Chris Taylor - My interest is piqued by our on the spot reporters and then echoed in the words of Kubiak. I am taking notes on this kid.

Mario - All day, all night. I may start working on a sack dance. I am thinking a little humpty dance, with a splash of the Jerry Lewis into a robot finish.
Old 07-31-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

" I am thinking a little humpty dance, with a splash of the Jerry Lewis into a robot finish. "

You have got to incorporate the Macarena in somewhere . HEEEYYY MARIO !!!
Old 07-31-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The way some guys have been talking about Chris Taylor, I've gotten excited about seeing him in the preseason games.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm stoked about our D-line and linebackers. The bits I've been hearing indicate a very aggressive style of D, which is something that'll pump up the crowd as much as scoring on offense.
Old 07-31-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm expecting big things from the d-line.

Our linebacker corps is a hodgepodge and leaves a lot to be desired.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Our linebacker corps is a hodgepodge and leaves a lot to be desired.
So even with Greenwood, Ryans, Polk, Cowart, and Orr, do they appear to be forming into a cohesive unit from what you've seen?

For some reason(s), I've had higher expectations from our LB corp.
Old 07-31-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Polk does not get alot of run man. it is more Greenwood, Ryans, Cowart, Orr, Green, Anderson. They are put together, but they fit the system as long as they make tackles. Greenwood, Ryans, and Orr has been quite an impressive cast.
Old 07-31-2006   #10
joshri
Rookie

How has John Walker looked so far? I was pretty excited we signed him as an undrafted FA. He projects as a S, correct? We could sure use some help there.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

DeMeco and the Super Mario Brother.
Old 07-31-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Since the beginning of TC I've been mainly interested in a couple things:

1.) The battle for the #2 RB. I've liked Chris Taylor since we picked him up and I'm extremely impressed with how he's been doing. I like the Willie Parker comparison in one of the other threads. Not neccisarly the running style, just being undrafted and seeing what could happen in the first year. I've been real eager to see what unrolls here and it's good to see Morency is starting to adapt to the new system.

2.) The CB battles. I've always thought Chris McKenzie was going to be good for us, and it's nice to see how well he has done so far. It sounds like with Demarcus' injury that he is nearly a lock to make the team. Tramon Williams has pretty much come out of nowhere and I'm impressed with him along with John Walker.

3.) The WR battle. I thought it was going to be AJ, Moulds, Walter, Armstrong, Mathis, and Donovan Morgan. Looks like Mathis won't be on the roster at the beginning of the season with his injury, and two players in Derrick Lewis and Jake Shifino just come out of nowhere. What a pleasant suprise.

I think the big story of training camp is the upsets that have been happening. Who would've thought that Armstrong would have been so low? Tramon who? Chris Taylor is a beast? Who would've guessed. I'm excited to see these guys step up the game and the battle to make the team should be more interesting than ever.
Old 07-31-2006   #13
joshri
Rookie

I thought by know that I would understand the Texans tight end situation but it still baffles me. I understand that we needed more depth at the position if Joppru went down again but it seems now and than that they went a little overboard.

Putzier, Bruener, Daniels and Joppru. Obviously Putzier is a lock to stick. I think its obvious that only three will make the roster. I personally would be royally ticked of Joppru didn't make the team. I think he deserves a chance. I understand Bruener is a good guy and great blocker but I couldn't imagine the team cutting Daniels or Joppru in order to keep him.
Old 07-31-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget Aaron Halterman who's having a good camp (better than Joppru) and Patrick Hape who is the H-back/Fullback/TE hybrid. I think Bennie's days are numbered.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Don't forget Aaron Halterman who's having a good camp (better than Joppru) and Patrick Hape who is the H-back/Fullback/TE hybrid. I think Bennie's days are numbered.
Bennie is a bit rusy, so I think he would benefit from being on the practice squad and get called up if something unfortunate happens to Cook or any of the TEs on the roster.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #16
joshri
Rookie

I am assuming we take 2 FB's on the active roster. Who is the frontrunner for the second spot behind Jameel Cook?????????
Old 07-31-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshri
I am assuming we take 2 FB's on the active roster. Who is the frontrunner for the second spot behind Jameel Cook?????????
I think we're only keeping one FB in Jameel Cook. And we'll keep probably one TE that can also play FB.
Old 07-31-2006   #18
joshri
Rookie

Ah ok. Sorry for the stupid question.
Old 07-31-2006   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hearing a lot about this Chris Taylor..Who is he? Does he perform like Willie Parker, because if so, the Texans are set with the RB position.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I meant to ask about Halterman, because he played the H-Back roll over in NFLEurope. He would move around from FB to TE to HB, and he was pretty successful over there. You say he is having a good camp. How good? Also, how are the other TE/FB's doing? I haven't heard anything about Hape, Bruenner, Cook, or even Daniels. At this point, which of them do you think are locks, and which ones do you think have an appointment with the Turk?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read