Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2006   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Houston Texans power rankings

Post who you think are our best players on offense and defense by assigning them points from 1-11. 1 being the least best player and 11 being the best player. Lets see which of our Texans score highest according to us, the fans. Here is a quick sample:

Offense:

11- AJ
10- DD
9- Moulds
8- Flanagan
7- Carr
6- Pitts
5- Wiegert
4- Putzier
3- Mckinney
2- Cook
1- Wand

Defense:

11- D Rob
10- Mario
9- Weaver
8- Payne
7- Ryans
6- Orr
5- Brown
4- Greenwood
3- Babin
2- Earl
1- Buchanon

Defense was much harder to rank than offense imo. If this thread gets a good response we can do these rankings after every preseason and regular season game. IMO its a fun way to keep track of how valuable our starting Texans are to us!!!

Im gonna try to periodically keep track of the scores our guys garner throughout the thread
Old 07-31-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker
Offense:

11- AJ
10- DD
9- Moulds
8- Flanagan
7- Carr
6- Pitts
5- Wiegert
4- Putzier
3- Mckinney
2- Cook
1- Wand
I'll make mine later (don't have much time right now), but having Davis as our 2nd most important player on offense is interesting. I think if we get Bennett or if one of our rookie RB's steps up that Davis is expendable, especially if he's hurt. I would put him at around #6.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Offense:

11- AJ
10- DD
9- Moulds
8- Carr
7- Flanagan
6- Pitts
5- Putzier
4- Wiegert
3- Mckinney
2- Cook
1- Wand

Defense:

11- D Rob
10- Mario
9- Weaver
8- Ryans
7- :Payne
6- Orr
5- Earl
4- Greenwood
3- Brown
2- Babin
1- Buchanon
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

You can rank them however you want, I was just putting them in order of who I think our "best" players are. Importance is 1 factor in my ranking, but talent and past success also factor heavily into my rankings.
Old 07-31-2006   #5
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

your rating forces someone to be a 1? that seems like some serious pigeonholing. or maybe you need to explain your rating system a lil better. I'm making assumptions based on the fact that no one has the same number. if that's the case i disagree. labeling someone the best or worst on the team is unfairly relegating someone to "the worst" spot. I would think if you are gonna rate players it should be by position compared to others at that position, sorry i just don't get the judgemental system. IMHO
Old 07-31-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense:

11-AJ
10-Moulds
9- DD
8- Carr
7- Pitts
6- Flanagan
5- Wiegert
4- Putzier
3- Mckinney
2- Cook
1- Wand

Defense:

11- D Rob
10- Mario
9- Weaver
8- Payne
7- Ryans
6- Orr
5- Brown
4- Greenwood
3- Babin
2- Earl
1- Buchanon

have to think about the defense a little more.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
your rating forces someone to be a 1? that seems like some serious pigeonholing. or maybe you need to explain your rating system a lil better. I'm making assumptions based on the fact that no one has the same number. if that's the case i disagree. labeling someone the best or worst on the team is unfairly relegating someone to "the worst" spot. I would think if you are gonna rate players it should be by position compared to others at that position, sorry i just don't get the judgemental system. IMHO

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Maybe everyone should be number 1 like in youth sports?
Old 07-31-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Offense:

11-AJ
10-Moulds
9- Carr
8- Davis
7- Putzier
6- Pitts
5- Flanagan
4- Wiegert
3- Mckinney
2- Cook
1- Wand

Defense:

11- D Rob
10- Mario
9- Payne
8- Ryans
7- Weaver
6- Brown
5- Babin
4- Buchanon
3- Orr
2- Earl
1- Greenwood/ a different LB

I would love to rank Cook higher if I knew how much he'd be used this year and after I get a look at his blocking ability, also, I was very tempted to put a majority of the O-line at the top ranking because they are the most important part of the offense, I decided to stick them together along the points (Call it tied at number 6 if you want) because their value depends more on cohesiveness than individual play. Untill we know for sure how healthy DD is, or whos is taking over for him, our passing game will be stronger then our running game (Yes, I know the system lets RB's thrive, but they will be splitting carries anyway so its hard to single out a RB) Carr has been (Reportedly) looking good on his rollouts and slants.

Buchanon looks more promising this year, lets lay off of him untill we see him in (at the very least) pre-season, Greenwood is overrated (Opinion alert) because of his tackle numbers last year but might play better at a position he's more natural at, untill he is replaced or shows me he can make a tackle closer to the line of scrimmage he is the worst player on our defense IMO. Earl and Orr can flip-flop as I like both players, but it will be interesting how Orr plays as a 4-3 LB where he won't be blitzing as much, *Less sacks* so I'm going to watch how well he plays the run before I judge him higher. I'd also give Brown, Babin and Weaver a tie. (If I could give ties.)
Old 08-01-2006   #9
Marshall'sLaw
Rookie

What flanagan is one of the best players of offense. Probably one of the most important player we picked up. MAdden football 05' has him rated at a 91 overall that would make the best overall player on the team. My goodness someone put chester pitts above flanagan are you kidding me he is hands down the best o-line player we have.
Marshall'sLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd put Chester over Flanagan...but I'm dysfunctional like that. I think a young Chester Pitts is a potential Pro Bowler...and I think Flanagan is likely past his prime.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense:

11-Andre Johnson
10-David Carr
9-Eric Moulds
8-Chester Pitts
7-Mike Flanagan
6-Domanick Davis
5-Jeb Putzier
4-Steve McKinney
3-Zach Weigart
2-Seth Wand
1-Jamaal Cook (mainly because I don't know what he brings to the table)

Defense:

11-Dunta Robinson
10-Mario Williams
9-Shantee Orr
8-Seth Payne
7-Morlon Greenwood
6-Demeco Ryans
5-Anthony Weaver
4-Philip Buchanan
3-Jason Babin
2-Glenn Earl
1-CC Brown

Defense is harder because we aren't as sure as to who will be the starters. Will Buchanan be the starter or will McCleon push him out? Will Robaire Smith still be starting? What about Demeco Ryans?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Talent wise, or most important to stay healthy?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #13
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

I can't disagree with much of anything I've seen other than to say that it might be a bit premature (and unfair) to assign Mario a 10. I'd rather go with something around a 7 or 8 like with DeMeco Ryans. The talent is there but it'll take a while to really gauge how good he is relative to our other starters.
Old 08-01-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Buchanon should be higher on most people's rankings. He has at much natural talent at his respective position than anyone on our team save for Mario. Buchanon is starting now, and he will prove a lot of people wrong this year.
Old 08-01-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

So what's the deal with Texans cornerbacks. Is that going to be a problem position for the Texans this year ?
Old 08-01-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd put Chester over Flanagan...but I'm dysfunctional like that. I think a young Chester Pitts is a potential Pro Bowler...and I think Flanagan is likely past his prime.
I'm sure you've noticed the shiny new penny is usually better than the one in your pocket. Even if the shiny new penny is battered or you even aren't sure it is a penny yet.

Last edited by Runner; 08-01-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall'sLaw
What flanagan is one of the best players of offense. Probably one of the most important player we picked up. MAdden football 05' has him rated at a 91 overall that would make the best overall player on the team. My goodness someone put chester pitts above flanagan are you kidding me he is hands down the best o-line player we have.
If the NFL was based off of Madden rankings it would not only be less entertaining, but the blowouts would be gigantic. I stated in the post that if I could give ties, I would, and I would make the O-Lineman tied with each other (With the exception of Wand as he has been practicing more and more with the second team)
Old 08-04-2006   #18
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Offense:
11 Carr
10 Johnson
09 Moulds
08 Flanagan
07 Morency
06 Bruener
05 Cook
04 Pitts
03 McKinney
02 Spencer
01 Winston

Defense:
11 Williams
10 Weaver
09 Robinson
08 Ryans
07 Payne
06 Babin
05 Brown
04 Orr
03 Greenwood
02 Buchanon
01 Earl
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

11 Johnson
10 Moulds
09 Davis
08 pitts
07 Putzier
06 Spencer
05 Winston
04 Flanagan
03 Cook
02 McKinney
01 Carr

Defense:
11 Robinson
10 Ryans
09 Williams
08 Weaver
07 Payne
06 Babin
05 Brown
04 Orr
03 Greenwood
02 Earl
01 Buchanon

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read