Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Training Camp Day 4

Coach, AJ, Mork, anyone? TC is over now, and looking for a lot of info from day 4. Vinny or similar mod, please change title when a report is posted here, or delete it if another thread is started with a report in it. Thank you.
Old 07-31-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default A taste.

YTF, it was lunch time man give us a chance to get back. It was a good day to be a Texan.

OL- The OL played much better today, and gave me alot more confidence than I had yesterday. The first team handled business during 11on11. One thing of note is that Wand ran with the second team for a good part of the day today. It was more a light a fire under him than anything else. Spencer ran with the first and was strong, but made some rookie mistakes such as overextending and not setting his base quickly. Overall the line looked good. Winston was ok against the second team, but had no answer for Mario today.

WR/RB/TE- Moulds did not go this morning and neither did DD. Rest was the main reason and Domanick is just preserving those knees for the season dont want to have to drain them after every two practices, unfortunately he has only practiced 2 out of 8 right now so say what you will. AJ was on fire as usual and the rest of the core was solid. There were a couple of really nice grabs by AJ and D. Lewis. Putzier got into the act today with a nice grab over the middle to promptly get nailed by CC Brown. Taylor and Morency ran alot with the first team with Smith. Those three looked good. And Rhodes fumbled the ball again.

CB- Chris McKenzie was kinda the star of the show today, grabbing two picks one off of Carr while he was on AJ. It was a nice play. The secondary was aggressive today and made some nice picks. J. Walker is looking alot better the more reps he gets and that is a good thing since he is our biggest corner right now. If our secondary can be opportunistic like they were today consistently we will force some turnovers. They were making the offense pay for badly thrown balls.

Overall it was a good practice and the guys were sharp. The OLine really brought it today and they had a fire about them. That is all I can really go into right now, so Mork, Jerek, and I will get together later and give a little more love out to the board...
Old 07-31-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking a break from the reports for a while. Maybe when we get a little closer to the KC game...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the info once again!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
YTF, it was lunch time man give us a chance to get back. It was a good day to be a Texan.

OL- The OL played much better today, and gave me alot more confidence than I had yesterday. The first team handled business during 11on11. One thing of note is that Wand ran with the second team for a good part of the day today. It was more a light a fire under him than anything else. Spencer ran with the first and was strong, but made some rookie mistakes such as overextending and not setting his base quickly. Overall the line looked good. Winston was ok against the second team, but had no answer for Mario today.

WR/RB/TE- Moulds did not go this morning and neither did DD. Rest was the main reason and Domanick is just preserving those knees for the season dont want to have to drain them after every two practices, unfortunately he has only practiced 2 out of 8 right now so say what you will. AJ was on fire as usual and the rest of the core was solid. There were a couple of really nice grabs by AJ and D. Lewis. Putzier got into the act today with a nice grab over the middle to promptly get nailed by CC Brown. Taylor and Morency ran alot with the first team with Smith. Those three looked good. And Rhodes fumbled the ball again.

CB- Chris McKenzie was kinda the star of the show today, grabbing two picks one off of Carr while he was on AJ. It was a nice play. The secondary was aggressive today and made some nice picks. J. Walker is looking alot better the more reps he gets and that is a good thing since he is our biggest corner right now. If our secondary can be opportunistic like they were today consistently we will force some turnovers. They were making the offense pay for badly thrown balls.

Overall it was a good practice and the guys were sharp. The OLine really brought it today and they had a fire about them. That is all I can really go into right now, so Mork, Jerek, and I will get together later and give a little more love out to the board...
This is sounding promising. Glad to hear the O-Line stepped it up. I hope the DB's continue to look, we need them to be, given how thin we are in the secondary. Maybe we will be pleasantly suprised when the season rolls around.
Old 07-31-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I'm taking a break from the reports for a while. Maybe when we get a little closer to the KC game...
AJ you may be onto something, it seems to me that some people are twisting words or arguing with what we see on the field like it is not true. That bothers me abit. I may be with you on this one, Mork, Jerek, and I will do our thing tonight, but it may be the last one till after the HOF game or so.
Old 07-31-2006   #7
Marshall'sLaw
Rookie

wow glad to see the O line stepping it up. Thanks for the report.
Marshall'sLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ you may be onto something, it seems to me that some people are twisting words or arguing with what we see on the field like it is not true. That bothers me abit. I may be with you on this one, Mork, Jerek, and I will do our thing tonight, but it may be the last one till after the HOF game or so.
Come on Coach C - not everyone sees everything the same as you? People have the temerity to argue with you, and that's unacceptable? Others have been watching practices and hanging with the team too. Is there anything of value we might add to the boards that differs from your opinion?

Did you say what you meant to say?
Old 07-31-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

I enjoy the argument, but when someone is on second team or for a fact has done this or that and they want to question it I have a problem. Runner you may add what you want, because I think we may know some of the same things. Wink Wink. By all means argue with me, because as a man I am not always right and according to my chick I never am so eventhough it is hard to be perfect I will continously strive to be excellent in my pursuit of perfection. Ya know.
Old 07-31-2006   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the updates...and I'm glad to hear that the team is looking sharp!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the update.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #12
real

Coach C. I feel you...It's one thing to disagree with perceptions, but it's another thing for someone to tell you that what you have seen is false...
Old 07-31-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Come on Coach C - not everyone sees everything the same as you? People have the temerity to argue with you, and that's unacceptable? Others have been watching practices and hanging with the team too. Is there anything of value we might add to the boards that differs from your opinion?

Did you say what you meant to say?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll chip in. I enjoyed going to camp immensely despite the heat and have enjoyed reporting on/discussing what I saw there. There has been some misconstruing of my words specfically, but for the most part I have felt that people have taken things well and responded with their own observations. I've freely admitted that I don't see everything, and on a football field scattered with 70-some football players, I'm sure to miss things. I'll watch specific drills and watch for certain players but there is plenty of room for contention and additional observations to be voiced.

Like Coach C said though, some things are just more obvious than others, and it's a little irritating to be argued when it seems so apparent to myself. I don't mind questions or desire for clarification, and I certainly don't even mind people questioning my perception of a player's general attitude, but it's just a little offbase when Joe Q Fan who wasn't there wants to tell me that I'm full of it, when I'm standing ten feet away from Seth Wand as Jason Babin repeatedly shoves him into a permanent ass print on the ground.

But hey -- we're a message board, we're all Texans fans, and that's why we're here. FWIW to all of you I genuinely enjoy the discussion most times; it's why I'm here.
Old 07-31-2006   #14
Marshall'sLaw
Rookie

Quote:
I enjoy the argument, but when someone is on second team or for a fact has done this or that and they want to question it I have a problem. Runner you may add what you want, because I think we may know some of the same things. Wink Wink. By all means argue with me, because as a man I am not always right and according to my chick I never am so eventhough it is hard to be perfect I will continously strive to be excellent in my pursuit of perfection. Ya know.

dont sweat it coach my girl never thinks I am right either. Funny thing is I am right most of the time.
Old 07-31-2006   #15
Marshall'sLaw
Rookie

So Jerek is Jason Babin looking better this year at DE? Has he put on some weight?
Old 07-31-2006   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach , Jerek , AJ and Mork I read you guys before I read the paper FWIW . I just like different points of views and come up with trends .

The most important point is a lot of us share your enthusiasm and are thankful for your time

How is Kubiak doing as a Head Coach , does he seem content with his position ?
Old 07-31-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ you may be onto something...
Actually my problem is the real job is demanding more of my time this week and maybe next.

As far as the other stuff -- I'm just trying to relay what I'm seeing and hearing (good and bad) to people who appreciate the info - and I know there are a lot of people who appreciate the info. I would be bothered if people didn't disagree with my opinion, because then I know they're not bothering to read what I sometimes take hours to prepare. That's when it's not worth it. I want to share opinions and observations and I want people to disagree - on merit - so we can all learn more about the team and the NFL in general.

If people think I'm making an astute observation - great... If people think I'm pulling stuff out of my ass - great. Credibility is a two-way street. I like the football debate/discussions/information here but there's nothing that's ever occurred on this message board that's caused me to lose any sleep or anything... except maybe when I'm writing VOF or other articles at 2:00 a.m.

The selfish thing I enjoy the most out of all this is meeting player's family members through email after one of my recaps on houstontexans.com (...been having a nice discussion with DaShon Polk's brother recently, as one example)...

Back to Day 4:

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2006 at 01:39 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

because as a man I am not always right and according to my chick I never am so eventhough it is hard to be perfect I will continously strive to be excellent in my pursuit of perfection. Ya know

Its amazing how I ever got around this big city of ours ... because after I got married I was always going the direction . Their seems to be a million ways for a guy to catch a catfish but only one way for ( you fill in the blank ).
Old 07-31-2006   #19
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall'sLaw
So Jerek is Jason Babin looking better this year at DE? Has he put on some weight?
Babin looks improved. I believe he has put on weight (as much as 10-15 lbs IIRC, but just looking at him, he looks bigger and more in shape) and he looks stronger and more aggressive. I love his move to DE as he will be more of a vertical rusher/run stopper here and less of a coverage guy. I'm still not extraordinarily high on him and I think his moves could use polish, but as of now he is still taking most of the first team snaps ahead of Peek (who will slot in mostly as a situational rusher, like Mathis with the Colts and I predict similarly successful) and I think Babin will surprise a lot of people this year if he continues to improve. He has looked good in 1-on-1s as well as the team drills.
Old 07-31-2006   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Not taking much offense guys. Dont make this thread about us, fellas, just a slight annoyance sometimes. Talk about the Texans and what you think, also post your questions so we can know somewhat of what to answer also.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read