Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2006   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default Hee Hee Hee... (DL ranked 31st)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5819844

I'm going to be so psyched once this DL starts terrorizing everyone in the NFL. Hopefully, training camp has told us our DL is damn good, not that our Oline is really, reallyl crappy. I can't wait til the season starts.

On a side note, I can't believe we don't get a night game this season! ARGH! I don't understand why, cause aren't we in the top 5 in the league as money-making is concerned. Even if we are projected to be a bad team, there is no way we are a ratings killer if we are 5th in money. Hey, even the 49ers get a night game. OK, someone at ESPN was not smart in giving us 2 ESPN night games last year, both of which were blowouts. But that doesn't mean you have to cut us off completely! We should have at least 1!
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, weaver doesnt have a lof left in the tank.

what a tool... he's not even all that old.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I could maybe understand why we are 31st if they actually gave us some info, but they don't. The Texans have the shortest write up of any team and they don't give you anything to base their ranking on. What a joke.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's based on 2-14. No real thought put into it at all. That's how they evaluate everything and every detail is last year's record.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

okay, not to be OVERLY negative here, but they may have a point in that ranking

I submit the following

Mario Williams is a rookie. The learning curve from the ncaa to the nfl is huge. To expect him to contribute a great deal this year is VERY optimistic at best, and foolish at worst.

Anthony Weaver- If I understand correctly, he was a defensive end in baltimore that will now be playing defensive tackle. No matter how similar the position, it will take him some time to adjust, so THIS year he might not be very effective

Antwaan Peek/Jason Babin- Have both been bounced back and forth from position to position...putting them back on the end will take time to adjust

Travis Johnson- While i feel as if he is overly critiqued on this board, he hasn't shown much at all, and to expect him to do anything much would be like expecting bennie joppru to become antonio gates

Seth Payne- A great defensive lineman, WHEN HEALTHY. Injury has to be a concern with this guy

Overall line cohesiveness. These guys haven't played these positions together as a unit, so they wont be able to do some of the things a stroud/henderson or peppers/buckner team can do. It takes time. Do i think we have the personel on the d-line in place? Yes, i think so. I just think this year they might struggle....maybe we shouldnt be ranked 31, but i can see us being very low.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #6
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's OK! Let them rank the TEXANS low, then we'll prove them wrong! !
Old 07-31-2006   #7
ocd
Rookie

31st?

31st?

that's BULLSH:T!!!
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2006   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think opposing Offensive coordinators view the Texans D-Line to be as poor as this guy .... I got news for you . Teams are going to have to account for each and every one , you cant double them all .... the Texans LB's and DB's should reap the rewards sewn by the DL .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Why beleive any of the rankings these people put out?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #10
bruski
Rookie

I think really all that matters is what our ranking is at the end of this season not at the start of this season.

The D and O line have not seen any action and on last years performance you really cannot expect to be above where we are now.
bruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #11
ocd
Rookie

hey broussardsaint,

Shouldn't you be out rebuilding your city? And 8 and 8 for you guys last year won't be bested this year or next...good pick with Reggie Bush and you still can't be better than mediocre.

ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I don't think the rankings EVER matter.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Actually, I don't think the rankings EVER matter.
It's like .
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #14
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroussardSaint
You were 2and14 last year thats why you don't get any respect. and you have went down hill instead of up. Just because you got Mary"o" doesn't mean you will have a good season. It might be better (couldn't get much worse) and remember you only improved a little on offense when you got Moulds.. other than that you are still the same team in the division as the Colts,Titans, and Jags. so you MIGHT have a little better record than l ast year but probably not much better....

Hey- Very annoying trolling AINT's fan, what's with all the name calling!!!??? Aren't you guys happy you got Reggina Bush (your part time player) you should thank us for giving her...him to you! Sheesh, really ungrateful! I think you have nothin' better to do but pick a fight here! PLEASE GO AWAY!
Old 07-31-2006   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ehhh , the Aints fan is stuck in a division w/ Tampa Bay , Atlanta and Carolina ....All of which were .500 or better last season , Tough division . Dont think I'd be trolling those teams boards either if I was an Aints fan.
On the other hand , the Texans were the ONLY team out of 32 that had a worse record than the Aints ..... likely target to be picked on.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 07-31-2006   #16
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Quote:
GO AWAY? not now.. i will stay here and try to annoy you as much as i can. I come here as a TEXAN fan but will defend my other team as well. Some of you Texan fans are so JEALOUS of LOUISIANA and the SAINTS it's just funny. Y'all have more post about Reggie(GOD) Bush than we do on our own board.. Y'all have more posts than you're own #1 pick.
Y'all have more posts than you're new coach.
Y'all ARE OBSESSED with REGGIE BUSH and wish he would fail so y'all can say y'all were right to pick MARY"o"

LOL! It's OK! I'm just tryin' to get your goat! You know your always welcome here to post yer view, pls fire away!
Old 07-31-2006   #17
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Quote:
Hey, How did you know i had a Goat???

LOL! I hope you guys have a great year!
Old 07-31-2006   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Some of you Texan fans are so JEALOUS of LOUISIANA and the SAINTS it's just funny.

Jealous of Louisiana ? You must be joking ? .... Its a swamp . New Orleans is sinking into the gulf .... Mosquito's bigger than those here in Texas (Thats BIG) , Your stadium was flooded with ....Ewww whats that smell ? and has a leaky roof , not to mention your team has always been horrible . And ya gave a Running Back 54 million to split time w/ Duece . Yeah , we're jealous !

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 07-31-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well with over 800 hundred post that has something to do with Reggie(GOD) and the SAINTS alone... it seems like y'all are obsessed with them. JMO!!!
don't flatter yourself with the Saints mentioned.. it is just an extension of RB talk, started with USC and ended with Saints.. BTW someone pulled up some other boards on another thread..It isn't just us talking about Reggie
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Well with over 800 hundred post that has something to do with Reggie(GOD) and the SAINTS alone... it seems like y'all are obsessed with them. JMO!!!
actually since ota's we usually only talk about bush when you come in here and bring it up over and over , thats why we have so many posts, quit clogging up our board with that !

edit : and as for the (god)..yer gonna see how mortal he is after about the 3rd big hit from an nfl safety, ask brian westbrook. another part time , try to reach the edge speed back

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read