Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2006   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin Texans fans....

Tonight on CBS...we are getting some TEXANS coverage here in Austin on the sports extra right after the news!!!

Just a heads up to the austin area folks.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #2
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Nice. We would love to hear from you on what is said. Also, there have been threads on this message board concerning nick names for the defence. I was watching the news on nbc tonight and they were talking with Robaire Smith who said they already gave a nickname to themselves. I believe he said it was "The Rock" Anyone else see that segement?
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

only nickname I liked that someone mentioned for our offense (haven't heard any from the defense yet I am not sure about nicknames until we prove ourselves) is the Gulf Coast Offense.. I hope Kubiak puts his spin on the offense and we make a name for ourselves here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #4
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

About friggin time!!

Where are the watch parties going to be for the Austinites?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #5
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I emailed the sports director at KEYE to please have more Texans coverage...

Sick of Cowboys coverage!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Robert Jones (ex-cowboy LB) (and if memory serves me) going to do the preseason games again.. I remember seeing him on TV for the texans doing interviews at one point.. was tough to watch him talk pregame and stuff
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #7
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the heads up rockabilly, will watch it for sure.
Old 07-30-2006   #8
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought it was gonna be more than that the way they advertised it. eh. better 5-10 minutes than nothing....
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

yep, better than nothing. Nice live action shots to watch. a few interviews of no value whatsoever.

got to see some training camp video though, so two thumbs up.
Old 07-31-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they manage to get some Texans stuff in between Titans training camp news?

Speaking of this, in HEB today here in Austin I saw a Vince Young Titans display by the front door where a "lucky" customer will win a trip to a "Vince Young pro game" as they call it. Geez, bring back the Cowboys stuff.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #11
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Did they manage to get some Texans stuff in between Titans training camp news?

Speaking of this, in HEB today here in Austin I saw a Vince Young Titans display by the front door where a "lucky" customer will win a trip to a "Vince Young pro game" as they call it. Geez, bring back the Cowboys stuff.
AFTER next year you may be wishing for Vince Young/Titans display, as I understand it America's Most Wanted (oops meant to say Dallas Cowboys) are returning to San Antonio in 2007.
Old 07-31-2006   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

no titans coverage at all actually. about 5 minutes of Texans to open, followed by 5 minutes of Cowboys camp. then Longhorns info. Back to Texans camp for a wr the Texans have that is an ex-Longhorn player, but didn't recognize the name actually.

ended with some Longhorn's stuff.

not a bad show overall. Serious lack of an actual informed interviewer, but better than nothing.
Old 07-31-2006   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

If you dont have the NFL Network, y'all need to get it. Its has everything you need during the off season and even more good stuff during regular season.
I am loving the fact that they are advertising here on the radio and in the papere to girls fans by saying " If you want to follow the Cowboys all season tell Time Warner you want the NFL Network"!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here in Houston we have TW cable, which has not picked up the NFL Network
option and from what I hear doesn't intend to do so in the near future. I'm all
over it if TW gives me the option !
What do you have in Austin, or are you using dish-sat equipment ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #15
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Up here in Austin just yesterday I was at walmart looking to see if there was any Texans gear. All I saw was a few Cowpies shirts, several Vince Young Titan jersey's, and some shirts with VY on the front in his Titan uniform. So naturally I went with a new Budweiser shirt.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #16
HOOK'EM
Veteran

I still haven't been by Academy yet!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read