Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2004   #41
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
chargers have arguably the best TE in the game in antonio gates and thats not just homer talk. and you know how a corner blitz works so dont play stupid. we have the most depth at linebacker in the afc and thats not just my opinion go on espn and check it out... but thats all paper talk... bottom line is we have more and better playmakers than you... i wouldnt put andre johnson over erik parker... and corey bradford is shut down by jammer so thats a non factor you have no1 like LT nobody does really but you definetly dont... LT can take over a game easily... look at the New england game of 2002... their first loss after winning the SB or ask oakland how hard it is to stop LT. I just think we are a better squad than you i'll be here monday to explain why the texans lost
So you think corey will be shut down bye "Jammer" WHO ??? And LT may be good but he miswell be out there by himself. Did i hear you say the best depth at linebacker also ,,,,come on you got one of or BACK UPS from last year on yalls team (key word beign back up) !!!! L.T is gonna feel pretty bad when our Rookie Babin shuts him down cause yalls line sucks. And when Andre and Corey burn yall deep dont be suprised.....So you be sure to be back monday i'll have a new thread going so you can publicy apologize for beign ignorant.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What?????????????

Quote:
anyways 3-4 defense 4-3 matters not... ok so he got 80 sumthin yards against you last time.. we had the game in the bag. as for what i said earlier it was a joke get over it. and yes i was upset that he only got 105 on the ravens defense.. but then again they are a damn good defense... not to mention he broke 2 ray lewis tackles and drug him for 4 yards. i dont see any ray lewis' or elite players on your teams defense. Certainly noone capable of stopping LT. That's the difference Davis can be stopped LT can be contained to 100 yards or so. The key to the game is who will play the best run defense. The chargers are more likely to do so. I dont see a texans blowout which means he wil lbe a factor the whole game. Last year we were out of so many games by half time he couldnt get his yards. While any team is capable of doing this to another its not likely the texans are going to do this against the lightning boltz
Huh? What did he say? How many freakin' mistakes are in this paragraph? I don't mean to just pick on the Bolts guy either, because I think we all need to try a little harder to write legibly. I'm no English teacher, but I try, at least. Remember, we have to read a lot of posts to see what's being said and we don't want to spend so much time deciphering yours (whoever you happen to be). It's excruciating. eek:
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #43
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More

O yah I wanted to say also that the TXs will kil the boltz they wil win the Sugar Bole they will roll on the Charshers i can feel it you know what i meen im not kiding lt will have 500 yds and they still loos to us wee gon beet dem like san fran did in sb it will happen that coach bits you now im rite about 2moro u wil dye

Last edited by HJam72; 09-11-2004 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2004   #44
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Hmm i THINK what he said was that L.T is gonna run all over us,,,,i think he thinks he's Ray Lewis . Sounds like he said somethink about Davis Getting shut down by a ghost defense or something cause i know that the one they have cant do it. I dunno man you know chargers fans are all a little wacky but thats nuts. God HELP them !!!!
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #45
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Default Poor Charger fans - have to tell them where to go

www.sdiae.com

and

www.uccllt.ucdavis.edu/sds.cfm

and

www.englishgrammar101.com

These guys can help you.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #46
Shamrock
Rookie

As a Chargers fan, I'm embarrassed to say SDBoltz is on my side.

Bubba, get a spell checker. Get some grammatical tutoring ..... ugh ...

I'll be at the game, showing my Bolts' colors. I'll come back in here, win or lose.

I want a clean, injury free game, with a win for my Chargers.
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKU
Sorry Lucky! stats are more than black n white. alot of your injured were back ups anyway.There has never been a team in the NFL history that has had more starters down at the same time than us fortunate chargers.
Huh? I just checked how many games the Chargers starters missed last year:

Vaughn Parker - RT - 13 games
Jason Ball - C - 8 games
Soloman Page - RG - 6 games
Damon McIntosh - LT - 4 games
David Boston - WR - 2 games
Raylee Johnson - RDE - 7 games (and Dingle had won the RDE spot anyway)
Jamal Williams - LDT - 1 game

If your point is that the Chargers missed these guys so badly last season that they only won 4 games, I ask what's changed? Jamal Williams is the only player San Diego brought back, and he missed a grand total of 1 game.

In contrast, take a look at some of the players the Texans missed last year.

Seth Payne - NT - 14 games
Gary Walker - DE - 12 games
Aaron Glenn - CB - 5 games (and hobbled all year with a nagging hamstring)
David Carr - QB - Missed all or parts of 7 games

Those aren't throwaway players, that's the heart of the team. And yes, the Texans lost backups to injury. Do you think that's OK? Tony Banks went down while subbing for Carr, the Texans had to start their 3rd string rookie QB for 2 games. CB Kenny Wright went down while subbing for Glenn, then Petey Faggins went out subbing for Wright. How about having to play your 4th string CB? Not to mention when reserves like Ramon Walker are lost, that doesn't exactly help the special teams.

The 5-11 Texans could and probably would have won more games without the massive injury toll. The Chargers were going to be a 4-12 team, regardless. Losses like Page and Vaughn are so inconsequential, it's ridiculous. These guys are no longer in the league. Comparing the Chargers injuries in '03 to the Texans injuries is laughable.
Old 09-11-2004   #48
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
bottom line is Chargers are better than the texans
padres better than the astros
democrats better than republicans and chargers win
Yet another brainwashed 21yr old Californian. The land of the brainless zombie.

Awsome post BTW Lucky.

Last edited by Jwwillis; 09-11-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #49
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be the BEST TEXANS team to date, season opener, home game. If you mean the sky is falling it could be Hurricane IVAN, but that would be Florida. The last I checked this is tomorrows forcast- Sunday: Sunny, with a high around 94. East wind around 5 mph.

I really hope for some competitivness it makes the drama more intriquing, we want the Chargers and their fans to have hope & purpose because in the end that will make it more enjoyable spanking em
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #50
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
just a question how much did it hurt to see the titans in the super bowl in 99??
No, my avatar for a couple of months was Kevin Dyson getting tackled at the goal line...

But back to the Chargers vs. Texans
(Didnt see this stat posted but you will laugh and wont be surprised)

Andre Johnson, in his rookie season, had more receptions and yards then the two WRs the Chargers are going to start Sunday (according to the depth chart on your offical site) in their entire careers!!!

AJ last year - 1 year, 66 rec., 976 yards
Caldwell and Parkers career stats combined - 4 years, 65 rec., 800 yards

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #51
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if you deny that gates isnt an elite TE your an ***** or ignorant most likely the latter but its all good. you will find out sunday when your sayin to yourself... wow that was a nice catch or maybe for some of you smug fans a "lucky" catch ha whatever the case is you will know gates talents by the end of this game and just look at the games he started in last year and you will see what i am talking about. actually dont do that just look sunday after he catches a couple td's on you and forces you to take out you 8 and 9 man fronts. brees is an accurate passer i believe he just had an off year last year. and as far as erik parker goes you guys sayin you let him go... why are you clowning yourself anyone with any nfl sense knows that parker is a playmaker.
Hey I admire your passion, most people would have given up by now on trying to sell thier players to the other teams fans. You just need to see thing a little more realistically, and lose some of that homerism. Gates isn't all that great. Heap and Gonzalez are better, and I'd even take Winslow over Gates. Brees is not a good QB, if he was you guys would not have drafted a QB with your 1st pick. Stop acting like San Diego is the All-Madden team and that Houston is still 1st year expansion.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #52
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

And my daddy can beat your daddy up! Neener neener boo boo.... Texans 28
SD 10
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #53
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I have to admit this is the most comical thread I have read in a while.
Old 09-11-2004   #54
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going out on a limb here & predict.....

Texans 45 Losers 10

:hehe:
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #55
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this will be a very close game. Both coaches like to play conservative running football. I'd expect more of a 21-18 game.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #56
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers win

Gates is a good tight end, certainly better than any TE that you have. I can't say he is better than Heap or Gonzalez yet, but by the end of the season I will be able to. You have no linebackers that can cover him. Ya i know you have Sharper and I also know he is not as fast as Gates on the field nor as big. We run alot of trick plays reverses things of that sort. I can tell alot of you are expecting it to be a traditional smash mouth football game. If that is the Texans thinking they are in for a rude awakening. We have fake field goals that will blow your mind and make you red in the face. We have reverses fake reverses double reverses flea flickers every series, which also helps open holes for tomlinson keeping the LB's back on their heels. Either way I dont see the Texans winning this one, our style is something that you cant prepare for.
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #57
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Gates is a good tight end, certainly better than any TE that you have. I can't say he is better than Heap or Gonzalez yet, but by the end of the season I will be able to. You have no linebackers that can cover him. Ya i know you have Sharper and I also know he is not as fast as Gates on the field nor as big. We run alot of trick plays reverses things of that sort. I can tell alot of you are expecting it to be a traditional smash mouth football game. If that is the Texans thinking they are in for a rude awakening. We have fake field goals that will blow your mind and make you red in the face. We have reverses fake reverses double reverses flea flickers every series, which also helps open holes for tomlinson keeping the LB's back on their heels. Either way I dont see the Texans winning this one, our style is something that you cant prepare for.
Oh boy this just keeps getting better and better!
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #58
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

i said that it would be 44 - 17 .. with the Texans owning em.. but I doubt it will happen since Capers just doesnt seem like the kind of coach who is going to blow another team out.. he is too defensively minded. He will get up by 10 points then do everything he can to run the clock out so the other team cant catch up.

But ya never know.. DD looked awesome and i wouldnt be surprised to see him break some BIG runs this sunday.

As for this whole "debate".. I dont really have anything to add. Everyone before me has pretty much summed it up.. The chargers dont have anything going for them except for LT. Which doesnt mean that they couldnt pull out a win.. but for the chargers to do that, the Texans would have come to the game unprepared to play. Honestly.. I dont see that happening.. we have too much heart, too much to prove, and Capers is too smart to let that happen.

We are gonna come out of this one with the W.

Jacksonville will lose to either Buffalo or the Broncs. The titans will beat the dolphins today, and the Colts will beat the Titans in week 2.

we will beat the Lions and that will put us at 2-0 and everyone else at 1-1 .. we will be leading the division coming into week 3.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #59
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We have fake field goals that will blow your mind and make you red in the face. We have reverses fake reverses double reverses flea flickers every series, which also helps open holes for tomlinson keeping the LB's back on their heels. Either way I dont see the Texans winning this one, our style is something that you cant prepare for.
Fake field goal equals incomplete pass or dead kicker.

Reverse equals a whole lot of running for 1 yd.

Double reverse equals fumble and dead receiver. What, they're gonna fake us out and then run right back into us, lol?

Flea flicker is just a fake handoff that takes too long. It's usually a bad play.

No offense, but, hey, you should try the statue of liberty play too.

Old 09-11-2004   #60
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
No offense, but, hey, you should try the statue of liberty play too.

Yea and maybe on every kickoff they can run the Stanford-Cal play and lateral it 7or 8 times. We better look out for that one too.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read