Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2004   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Parker over AJ? Come on now. Is the smog over LA drifting down to San Diego? I'm sure you'd take Brees over Carr as well. Have fun with your cast offs from other teams (Oben, Foley, etc.) and try and assure yourself that you have starting caliber guys. The savior for your defense is Phillips who was cast off from the hopeless Falcons last season. Exactly how did he help their young secondary last year? If I remember correctly the were torched all season long. I'd give your team a shot of winning if it had a winning organization. Sadly it doesn't have that, and unless you find a way to fire your owner I don't see it changing anytime soon. I guess Eli Manning had no idea of what he was talking about when he refused to go there. Can't say I blame him. Either way I will be glad to see you eat your remarks come Monday, and if you show up then you'll have earned our respect.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #22
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
bottom line is Chargers are better than the texans
padres better than the astros
democrats better than republicans and chargers win
Might want to tell that to the Wild Card standings. Or to the Giants for that matter. You're not even the 3rd best team in your state. Oakland, San Fran (who have 1 pitcher and 1 hitter), and Dodgers.
Old 09-11-2004   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure how the game goes,but I find it hard to believe that the chargers will win
I mean they won 4 games last year? and LT ran for about 1600 yards and caught 100+ balls.. and how did they upgrade from that?
I am not trying to talk smack, but I don't see how they upgraded
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #24
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
It's weird being on this end of the conversation isn't it?
These Charger fans don't understand that we know what it's like to be an underdog, and try to prove to the other team's fans that your team does have a chance to win. We've been doing it for the last 2 years. That's why nobody here is looking past the Chargers. We've beaten a few favored teams on opening days before, we know what can happen.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
chargers have arguably the best TE in the game in antonio gates and thats not just homer talk.
Who have you been arguing with? Your cat? Gates did have 24 catches & 2 TDs last year. Pretty great, huh? I guess that makes Texan TE Billy Miller (with 40 grabs & 3 TDs) a Hall-of-Famer.

Not just homer talk. I'd call it Monster-Homer talk.
Old 09-11-2004   #26
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
chargers have arguably the best TE in the game in antonio gates and thats not just homer talk.
I guess Todd Heap and Tony Gonzales don't even need to show up this season. Gates is a good TE, and he is arguably the 3rd best TE in the AFC. What's with keeping Lemon as a QB anyway? Does your coach have that little faith in his other QBs or are you trying to swing a trade for Flutie? What about Dyson? He must have been in bad shape if he wasn't able to make the Chargers roster as a WR.
Old 09-11-2004   #27
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers team

the amount of talent you have doesnt matter that much it really doesnt.. it matters that your a cohesive team.. the chargers team in 2002 shoulda have went dep into the playoffs but didnt a lesser team in 92 and 94 went deep into the playoffs because they played better together... we had a big play receiver in david boston but that seemed to make us worse. i can honestly say we are more of a team this year than we have been in the past alot of these young guys have grown together these last couple of years through the good and bad and this year i think they will surprise some people including you texan fans
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2004   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Avoiding your gross exaggerations I see. I won't comment about the Chargers team chemistry because I don't follow them closely enough to comment. I highly doubt you have followed the Texans closely enough to comment on their team chemistry either. That leaves us with talking talent, and talking about 'on paper' scenarios until Sunday. The Texans have shown heart throughout our history, and I feel the team chemistry on our team is great. I'm sure many others will agree with me on that. Have fun watching the game, but unfortunately you won't emerge with a 'W'.
Old 09-11-2004   #29
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
2002 shoulda have went dep into the playoffs but didnt a lesser team in 92 and 94 went deep into the playoffs because they played better together...
HEY! Its 2004! Not 92, not 94, and definitley not 2002.

Oh and by the way, nice Antonio Gates argument that was quickly shut down by Lucky....

Next?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #30
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawktx
The Chargers are never going anywhere as long as they have Marty as the head coach. He's a loser.

WHAT HE SAID.
Old 09-11-2004   #31
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers win

if you deny that gates isnt an elite TE your an ***** or ignorant most likely the latter but its all good. you will find out sunday when your sayin to yourself... wow that was a nice catch or maybe for some of you smug fans a "lucky" catch ha whatever the case is you will know gates talents by the end of this game and just look at the games he started in last year and you will see what i am talking about. actually dont do that just look sunday after he catches a couple td's on you and forces you to take out you 8 and 9 man fronts. brees is an accurate passer i believe he just had an off year last year. and as far as erik parker goes you guys sayin you let him go... why are you clowning yourself anyone with any nfl sense knows that parker is a playmaker.
Old 09-11-2004   #32
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default quick question

just a question how much did it hurt to see the titans in the super bowl in 99?? not joking just wondering if it was particularly painful and if it still hurts. because i gotta admit back in the early 90's and "the house of pain" with moon givens haywood jeffries you guys had a pretty good squad used to watch em all the time when i was out in sugarland. and do you have a hatred for the titans now???
Old 09-11-2004   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans were dead to me after the Oilers changed there name

still, what has S.D. done since 2002 to improve? A rookie QB doesn't hold water, for he is what he is .. a rookie. I guess they have Jammer but you lost willey so we will see how that pass rush is
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #34
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Well, Texan fans are just naturally confident. That happens when your team never loses an opening game.

Believe me, you don't have to remind Texans fans about the 1st loss in team history. I pretty sure David Carr remembers being sacked 9 times in the 2nd game in franchise history. Don't expect that the Chargers will walk into the loudest stadium in the NFL with warm applause. Take a pound of flesh, you owe a pound of flesh.

As far as the logic used to explain why the Chargers should win, I'm not following you. The Chargers defense used to be good, now it's not. The team used to be average, now it's not. The Chargers had injuries and...wait, hold it right there. The 2nd year Texans led the NFL in players on IR in '03. And they still had a better record than the Chargers. You can't play the injury card here in Houston, my friend.

Look I respect Tomlinson, he's a great back. Considering the lack of talent around him, his production is legendary. I respect Marty, Wade, and the Chargers coaching staff. Given the time and the talent, I think they'll turn this team around. I don't think they'll get the time, but that's for another time & another thread. The Chargers are rebuilding, just as the Texans have been building for the past 2 seasons. The Texans are just a year or so ahead of the curve than the Chargers are. The Chargers have maybe 3 players on defense, and only 1 player on offense that would start on this Texan team.

Homefield, motivation, talent...the Texans have the edge. I believe in the adage "On any given Sunday..." Just not this Sunday.
Sorry Lucky! stats are more than black n white. alot of your injured were back ups anyway.There has never been a team in the NFL history that has had more starters down at the same time than us fortunate chargers.Every starting O-line man includeing 2 backup O-lineman and all 3 recievers at the same time.That was just offense, I don't need to tell you how jacked up we were on D.yes, everyteam deals with injury but we realy got bent over last year on it,so we can play the injury card here.as for one of the other posters,what games are you watching where BREEZ plays third and fouth stringers.He's on the first team and that's who plays against.

P.S. I wish well for the Texans this year too! just not against us....lol Carr is my boy, Go bulldogs!!!
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #35
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default chargers win

ok first things first our oline is better without a doubt just compare this year's line to last years and you can see that. marcellus wiley has/had talent i dunno what happened to it with just 3 sacks last year there was a reason we let him go 2 of them came in the last game against the raiders. i'm sure igor olshansky will exceed that total not to mention a 10 sack season from ben leber from k state. he has the speed to cover a te and he can attack the qb as he did when you guys came to san diego... we can stop the run. you have a good back.... nothing we havent seen b4 considering we had a division with Lt holmes and portis last year... persoanlly i would rather have charlie garner than DD. but thats just me.. i hope his blitz pick up skills are as good as some of you rave about or else your in for another long day against us
Old 09-11-2004   #36
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default chargers win

ya there really was no question that brees should be starting i mean rivers looked just like what he is.. a rookie in the pre seasn. and brees looked great. I mean LT didnt play the pre season but still we looked pretty good i know with LT we are that much better. and i know LT with fresh legs in week 1 will run rampant through the texans or anyone's D for that matter
Old 09-11-2004   #37
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Poor Chargers fans. Can't even get love from the ESPN analysts. Here's the link to their picks. ESPN

Looks like they think as much of your team as we do. Merrill Hoge won't even pick you guys, and he loves RBs like LT.
Old 09-11-2004   #38
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default chargers win

lol who cares who picks who in that case i got 75 people over this way that say the chargers win. personally 4.5 point spread is ridiculous texans are not a good team playoff team maybe because you dont have to be good to make the playoffs nowadays but this is either goin to be a clsoe game or blowout win for the chargers if texans get down by double digits you know marty is goin to pound tomlinson and its not like you stop him for 3 yards and we punt.. he gashes you 7 yards 15 yards and will break 25 plus yard runs every game... i mena he did average 5.3 yards a carry.... getting the ball a ton of times..... so imagine we get the ball first and he just does his average... thats a first down every 2 plays.... and you better hope that doesnt happen because its not like marty is afraid to run 12 straight runs... look at the raiders game last year for more info.. LT will line up in the slot as well... and erik parker will run reverses... he is a great punt returner as well although you can anticipate a punt ret TD unless its dante hall.
Old 09-11-2004   #39
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Need we remind you of his average against 3-4 teams. Unless you have a cloning machine, and you happen to clone LT a few times then you're team is going to get a loss. You toss up Gates as one of the best TE's in the league, and Lucky shows you otherwise. Whats next? Brees one of the best QBs in the AFC? Or better yet how bout Marty for Coach of the Year? Please. I'm done with the smack talk till game day with you at least. You've already proven yourself a sad excuse for a fan in another post (wishing for injuries to all the Texans players) I can only assume you're wishing for something like this so another team suffers as yours does. If not for ShockU I'd have reason to believe all Chargers fans are as immature and ignorant as you. When you can support your 'one sentence rants' then you'll once again be worthy of a response, but since I don't see that happening anytime soon I'll spend my time addressing intelligent posters.
Old 09-11-2004   #40
SDBoltz
Veteran

Default Chargers win

anyways 3-4 defense 4-3 matters not... ok so he got 80 sumthin yards against you last time.. we had the game in the bag. as for what i said earlier it was a joke get over it. and yes i was upset that he only got 105 on the ravens defense.. but then again they are a damn good defense... not to mention he broke 2 ray lewis tackles and drug him for 4 yards. i dont see any ray lewis' or elite players on your teams defense. Certainly noone capable of stopping LT. That's the difference Davis can be stopped LT can be contained to 100 yards or so. The key to the game is who will play the best run defense. The chargers are more likely to do so. I dont see a texans blowout which means he wil lbe a factor the whole game. Last year we were out of so many games by half time he couldnt get his yards. While any team is capable of doing this to another its not likely the texans are going to do this against the lightning boltz

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read