Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006   #1
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Exclamation Reggie Bush agrees to a six year deal with the Saints

Per ESPN News and ESPN's homepage.

Oh yeah, I'm still around, just been in lurker status
Old 07-29-2006   #2
GrandPa
Rookie

Let the Reggie and Mario games begin...
Drafting Mario #1 was a huge blunder
Old 07-29-2006   #3
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPa
Let the Reggie and Mario games begin...
6 years is a long time.....

His knees will be swiss cheese by season 3. The Saints OL will get him killed
Old 07-29-2006   #4
Numbskull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time

And his knees would be safer as a Texan? LOL. The only potential weakness on the Saints Oline is at RT and if I were Reggie, I'd consider myself lucky to have dodged playing behind that thing in Houston.
Old 07-29-2006   #5
LikeABoss
All Pro

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time

I knew some Texans fans were gonna be pretty

But keep on praying my man, keep on praying....

And Tulexan's comments about Reggie Bush not wanting to play for the Saints is looking like pure jibberish right about now.
Old 07-29-2006   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

..yeah but for how much?
Old 07-29-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just more motivation for Mario to prove he was worth the #1 pick...If I was Mario I would be flattered that the Texans wanted me locked up before the draft but irked at the money being thrown at Vince and Bush who were picked after me...
Old 07-29-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he knew that the Saints were movin to Los Angeles in two years...
Old 07-29-2006   #9
Numbskull
Rookie

All of this speculation by these bitter boys has been a bunch of BS. They want to justify the pick of Williams even further than "we needed him more." They want to prove RB as a "headcase" that they were better off without anyway. The truth, the haters are all just bitter boys.
Old 07-29-2006   #10
LikeABoss
All Pro

And CloakNNNdagger, your anti-Reggie Bush propaganda is falling on deaf ears now buddy
Old 07-29-2006   #11
Numbskull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I think he knew that the Saints were movin to Los Angeles in two years...
Shouldn't there be an age limit here?
Old 07-29-2006   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
And CloakNNNdagger, your anti-Reggie Bush propaganda is falling on deaf ears now buddy
Just because the dude has signed a contract means nothing, it's what he does on the field this season.
Old 07-29-2006   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbskull
Shouldn't there be an age limit here?
You say age limit, but your only 16. I turn 15 real soon

I wasn't being serious, sorry for your confusion. Good for him, and how much was the deal?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-29-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2006   #14
Numbskull
Rookie

Quote:
The guy is obsessed with Reggie Bush. The guy has 400 something posts and I'd be willing to bet that more than half of them are about RB.
Old 07-29-2006   #15
Numbskull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
You say age limit, but your only 16. I turn 15 in one week.

I wasn't being serious, sorry for your confusion. Good for him, and how much was the deal?
You're looking at posts.. I'm 20, turning 21 in a month. I wasn't being entirely serious either. I was 13-14 when I joined the Saintsreport MBs.
Old 07-29-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

I knew some Texans fans were gonna be pretty

But keep on praying my man, keep on praying....

And Tulexan's comments about Reggie Bush not wanting to play for the Saints is looking like pure jibberish right about now.
I don't think it is pure jibberish. He really didn't have much of a choice but to sign. Sitting out for the year really wasn't an option if he wanted to maximize his earnings. I still think that he wouldn't have declared if he thought that he was going to go to the Saints. I hope he has a great season and will enjoy watching him at the Dome this season.
Old 07-29-2006   #17
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Just because the dude has signed a contract means nothing, it's what he does on the field this season.
Tell this to your fellow Texans fans regarding Mario, cause your preaching to the choir with this. This can be said about any rookie.

Last edited by LikeABoss; 07-29-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Tell this to your fellow Texans fans regarding Mario, cause your preaching to the choir with this. This can said about any rookie.
Mario at least has been in camp where we could see something...
Old 07-29-2006   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Tell this to your fellow Texans fans regarding Mario, cause your preaching to the choir with this. This can said about any rookie.
Mario has been in practice everyday, while Reggie does whatever he does in his million dollar condo in Downtown New Orleans.
Old 07-29-2006   #20
LikeABoss
All Pro

Red face Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I still think that he wouldn't have declared if he thought that he was going to go to the Saints.

Man, your pure hatred for the Saints organization is kind of mind-boggling and sad

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read