Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2006   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is This A Rumor

Our favorite rumor site has called out our buddy John McLain

"John McClain of the Houston Chronicle nuzzles the crotch of local product Vince Young, local agent Major Adams, and (implicitly) local team the Texans by perpetuating the myth that Young's deal is better than the contract signed by No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams."

Rumor Mill

I think that more than a few of our posters might agree with this.

Old 07-29-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee

"John McClain of the Houston Chronicle nuzzles the crotch of local product Vince Young, local agent Major Adams, and (implicitly) local team the Texans by perpetuating the myth that Young's deal is better than the contract signed by No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams."

Rumor Mill

Old 07-29-2006   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee

Rumor Mill

That repeatedly heard point, even in reports of the Bush negotiations, has continued to miff me in that the Mario deal supposedly could reach $62 million if incentives are attained.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #4
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=cuppacoffee]Our favorite rumor site has called out our buddy John McLain

Man that image is making me seriously sick to my stomach... but McCain is a blantant a- kisser...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default nice

If we do a post of the year, yours has my vote. Funny stuff guy.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Today, Young looks smart for hiring Adams, who negotiated a contract with the Tennessee Titans that's almost as lucrative as the deal signed by Texans defensive end Mario Williams, the first pick in the NFL draft.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/07/post.html
Quote:
Yeah, Young is a Titan, but he's still a Houston hero

For all of you Vince Young fans, before I give you an update on the Titans' quarterback, I have a message for all those Vince haters who e-mail and tell me how tired they are of seeing me write about him.

First of all, you're in the minority. You can e-mail and complain all you want about coverage of Young, but you better get used to it. He's a hometown hero who led the Longhorns to a national championship. He plays for the AFC rival-Titans, meaning he'll be playing against the Texans twice a season.

And even more important to me is that Young is a genuine, hard-working class act who puts God and his family about everything. He loves Houston, has friends, family and fans here, so if you don't want to read about him, that's your prerogative, but you're going to miss out on a special person as well as a special player.
Old 07-30-2006   #7
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Arrogance....so sweet!

Hmmm. McClain has gone Hollywood...maybe he can cast Rich Lord and himself in sequel to Brokeback Mountain for their manlove.

Last edited by texman8; 07-30-2006 at 06:11 AM.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know about the deals, but I totally agree with the sick, nuzzling part.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read