Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2006   #1
TexanFan4Life
Rookie

Default Mainstream Media Texans Coverage

Well I just felt that after reading all the supposed insider information given only to the mainstream media invitees that write for our local fishwraps, (thanks Rommie for that), I wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to all of you who take the time to sweat and perservere at training camp to report what you see and hear. I just read some of Mr. McClain's and Mr. Blinebury's colums and am so disappointed. No substance at all. Maybe they ought to be taking some performance enhancing substances to help them out. That being said, it makes me appreciate the folks on here like Texans Chick, Coach C, and others who write from a true rabid fan perspective who can temper their enthusiasm with a dose of reality and provide coverage that we can't get elsewhere. Even the national media get it wrong so many times because they aren't here day in and day out. So in closing, thanks to all of you who contribute your time and effort for ouy BOYS. I hope one day to meet some of you and say thanks in person because I log in many times just to hear what you have observed.
TexanFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Gee tanks

threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to thank all of y'all as well. I go to school ten hours away in a state that has no professional sports teams, it's tough to say the least. I get absolutely no coverage of texans, and very little of the astros. I read the mb's religiously so thanks for keeping me so well informed on day to day things.

On the other hand, once the season starts I would like to actually SEE the games. Do y'all know of any way I can watch the games, it doesn't have to be live. I was hoping there was a dvd package or something the texans may put together of each game played that I could get in the mail. Also, does anyone know how to get videos of the games besides just like abc coverage and what not, like films to study the players and schemes?

This would really help me a lot, I will not be able to live 16 weeks without watching a game!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #4
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan
I'd like to thank all of y'all as well. I go to school ten hours away in a state that has no professional sports teams, it's tough to say the least. I get absolutely no coverage of texans, and very little of the astros. I read the mb's religiously so thanks for keeping me so well informed on day to day things.

On the other hand, once the season starts I would like to actually SEE the games. Do y'all know of any way I can watch the games, it doesn't have to be live. I was hoping there was a dvd package or something the texans may put together of each game played that I could get in the mail. Also, does anyone know how to get videos of the games besides just like abc coverage and what not, like films to study the players and schemes?

This would really help me a lot, I will not be able to live 16 weeks without watching a game!
your best bet is to either get NFL Sunday Ticket, or find you a good sports bar to camp out at during the games. I do the sports bar thing myself. It gives me a chance to spend some quality time with my brother, and gets him away from his nagging wife and kids for awhile. The best thing about the sports bar I go to, is that I get to watch the Texans play on a tv that is 3 times the size of mine, and get to do it while being served by gorgeous women. Oh yeah, my brother is there too.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the advice, we actually just got a sports bar but the bad news is they don't serve beer on sunday. I'm telling you the truth too. In all seriousness though, I hadn't even thought of that,

to the women.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #6
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

bittorent them after the game
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I know a Ravens fan that puts the games on torrents but I have yet to see any Texans games on torrents.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2006   #8
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

No beer on Sundays? Is it possible? Or are you in an altenate dimesion?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #9
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Let me add my thanks to all of you who keep us informed on training camp and what you see, I live in the land of the 2nd best team in Texas (would say also Houston Texans ONLY pro team in Texas) and they would rather skydive without a parachute then talk about the Texans.

I did as Texans Chick asked and wrote a positive email to Johnny Mac Cheese, next day he ripped everyone who disagreed with him and kissed Vinnie Y's backside and told fans of Texans you don't like it...TOUGH. I emailed him and said how do you get VY is a Houston hero (maybe in HS), but he played in Austin and now in Nashville as a thumbtack.

Little J's comeback "He will always be a VY fan and my email was rude and low class". I wrote back and said Rude and Low-Class would be an apt description of Bud Adams but not any current Texans.

I basically use Chronic online to keep up with Texans Chick Blog, rest of wouldn't print out to repel insects. It is too bad that people who are PAID professionals act like rank amateurs, that people who are doing this for the love of a team (Hi Chick) are head and shoulders above the rest.

Thank god for MB's and several pro football information sites, it is this way I learned about Petey (sure wasn't from the hometown paper). I look forward to reading what you post and thank you as does any Texans fan who doesn't have access to Houston Media (God when wiill Texans Huddle be back) FSN Houston is one of few ways those of us in North Texas can even see a REAL team.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2006   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull
No beer on Sundays? Is it possible? Or are you in an altenate dimesion?
I think the better question is how does a bar get away without selling beer?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #11
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think the better question is how does a bar get away without selling beer?

He's in Mississippi, the only thing legal on Sundays, is marrying relatives.

SORRY couldn't resist
Old 07-31-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm glad I live in New Orleans where I think it is illegal not to drink beer on Sundays.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read