Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2006   #41
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
I left my poor mans Texan's chick on another camp thread.
pete where were you sitting and what were you wearing, next time I am gonna try and spot the guys from the board. Wish it was easier to know who you guys were without coming up and saying hey are you on the board like a jackass.
Old 07-28-2006   #42
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Man - those pics look freaking great! Good stuff.

Anybody have any idea on where tix can be had this late? I'm looking to get out there on Sunday as well....
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #43
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if they need another ballboy...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #44
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Yeah those guys were cool. They were the coaches from scarsbourough(spelling). Good guys and really funny. At first some people thought they were from UT, but there was an TAMU coach out there today. There were a couple of coaches out there today.
Are you the guy who was the huge Eric Winston fan from last Fall ? There was
a poster on this website who was a big admirer of Winston and was always
defensive about those who critisized Winston. He had "Coach" in his handle.
And if you're that guy, you must be real happy that we drafted him ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #45
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Yes I am him. I am a huge fan of Winston and he has looked really good in practice. I am overly glad we got him and he and Spencer will anchor our line for a while now, as long as they keep developing.
Old 07-28-2006   #46
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe me Bearfan there was some hitting today, even without pads. Still was a little sloppy, but those boys wanted some contact. Also, Chris Taylor was nice, with pads on he would not have hit the secondary so easily, but he gets the one cut and downhill style that is necessary to be successful in this offense. DD looked good, eventhough a little slower, but he looks very close to healty I would say 95 percent. Morency was ok, but I still think he was dancing and shuffling too much.
Walter looked good.

I understand what AJ meant about Chris Taylor now. He has really nice acceleration north-south.

In the second practice today without the public, they were playing in full pads.

Morency I didn't really see enough of to say anything about. He seemed to be moving on his feet okay.

Charlie Anderson's knee seemed okay. They said it was a minor injury at the time, two weeks, and I guess they were right.
Old 07-28-2006   #47
Anguyen
Rookie

Can someone get the vid for next training camp session?
Old 07-28-2006   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Who's that guy in the white shirt saluting?
Gwall with the keen eye....yes, that would be me 'saluting' - I should have worn my hat. The guy standing next to me is a photographer from Pro Football Weekly that covers this part of the country - nice guy.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #49
Anguyen
Rookie

Look like Jason Babin stop Lundy in the back field for a lost

http://texansbullpen.com/06photogall...s/DSC_0065.JPG
Old 07-28-2006   #50
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Texan Chick they were in shell for the second practice. Shell is hats and shoulder pads. Full pads does not start till sunday.
Old 07-28-2006   #51
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguyen

it's DD not Lundy.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #52
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texan Chick they were in shell for the second practice. Shell is hats and shoulder pads. Full pads does not start till sunday.
Are you sure they are waiting for full pads until Sunday.

Dangit, that's what I get for relying on what the Houston Texans official site said:

Quote:
(on the second workout) “We put the pads on for the first time, so that’s always a shock for the guys, but I thought they practiced very well. I thought the defense practiced exceptional this afternoon. That’s what we’re looking for. They were very physical. We had a blitz period today, and they came ready to practice. That’s what this is about—competing. The offense has to step up. I liked the way some of our young guys are practicing. I’m very impressed with some young guys, without specifically talking about names. I see some guys that are working with the second and third groups that are saying, ‘Hey I want to be on this team,’ and that’s where we need to get better.”
Texans quotes--has a mistake re: Jerome Mathis--it has to be a mistake.
Old 07-29-2006   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguyen

As Str8tupg42k1 said, that's DD. There's a lot I like and don't like about that picture but one of the things I do like is that DD wouldn't be in that position if his knees weren't feeling a helluva lot better. A lot of the talk this past week or so was starting to worry me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #54
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AWESOME PICS!!! Thanks and great job as always, Andy. Man, I wish I was there for at least one minute.

Can't wait for more Texans coverage!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #55
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

TexansChick when they say the put the pads on it means they went to shell. They wore shoulder pads and helmets. Trust me I know this for a fact. They will not go full pads till sunday.
Old 07-29-2006   #56
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
TexansChick when they say the put the pads on it means they went to shell. They wore shoulder pads and helmets. Trust me I know this for a fact. They will not go full pads till sunday.

Hmmm, it just didn't make sense to me of why as Kubiak would talk about putting on pads for the first time as it related to the second practice. Cuz I saw what they looked like in the morning.

But then again, the same set of quotes had Kubiak talking about Jerome Mathis twisting an ankle in practice too.
Old 07-29-2006   #57
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

[/quote]
I'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa...

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #58
touttail
All Pro

Awesome photos as usual.

They are appreciated, especially by us fans that can't be at the practices.

Makes us feel in touch with what's happening.

Thanks again.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #59
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Awesome photos as usual.

They are appreciated, especially by us fans that can't be at the practices.

Makes us feel in touch with what's happening.

Thanks again.

Bobby 119C

Ditto from the Austin area. The only thing I don't like about living in Central Texas is the distance to Reliant.
Old 07-29-2006   #60
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Yeah, but Round Rock is nice, especially your Hooters, eat there everytime I go see my bro.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read