Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2006   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's training camp, and it's hot

I just heard on the local TV news that Spencer and Moulds left the field due to heat exhaustion.

Remember - this is a news report so take it FWIW. No need to panic yet - I'm sure they can recover.
Old 07-28-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Heart or Heat. No kidding it is hot. My church youth softball team won a tournament last week in 102 degree heat.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Heart or Heat. No kidding it is hot. My church youth softball team won a tournament last week in 102 degree heat.
Oops. Thanks - I corrected it. I'll leave a little tip for you in your jar.

I ran 8 1/2 miles this morning at 5:00 and was soaked in sweat after the first couple, and that was with no sun.
Old 07-28-2006   #4
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Oops. Thanks - I corrected it. I'll leave a little tip for you in your jar.

I ran 8 1/2 miles this morning at 5:00 and was soaked in sweat after the first couple, and that was with no sun.
8 1/2 miles? I would die, if not from exhaustion then boredom. Car not working?

Am I the only one who thinks this summer has actually been fairly pleasant? I remember last year being a scorcher, and so far, it's just seemed cooler out to me. Don't know if I am just sort of used to it now or what.
Old 07-28-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just heard on the local TV news that Spencer and Moulds left the field due to heat exhaustion.

Remember - this is a news report so take it FWIW. No need to panic yet - I'm sure they can recover.
Moulds left really early. I saw Spencer for about half the practice but didn't notice him leave. They weren't the only players showing signs of heat "frustration."
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's scary, especially for Spencer since he's one of the larger (maybe the largest ?) players on the roster. Remember Korey Stringer ?
And Spencer played ball at Pitt and is from NY state. I doubt that he's ever been exposed to this kinda heat we have here in Houston.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Moulds left really early. I saw Spencer for about half the practice but didn't notice him leave. They weren't the only players showing signs of heat "frustration."
Good thing Moulds won't have to participate in afternoon practices every day. I would like to see him through the mornings though.

Oh well. Practice session one is in the books.
Old 07-28-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
That's scary, especially for Spencer since he's one of the larger (maybe the largest ?) players on the roster. Remember Korey Stringer ?
And Spencer played ball at Pitt and is from NY state. I doubt that he's ever been exposed to this kinda heat we have here in Houston.
Those were my "instant thoughts", but it is just day one. Everything will be fine.
Old 07-28-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it was just me but it seemed hotter out there at 9:30 a.m. than it does at 7:30 p.m. RH is typically a lot higher in the morning anyway, and with all the rain recently it was thick. It was pretty brutal for a while then a little breeze kicked up from the south that helped a bit. That and the defense wearing deep steel blue. There were a lot of helmets coming off and players running water over their heads and into their helmets. ...while Kubiak was wearing his patented long sleeve sweatshirt.
Old 07-28-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I didn't see Moulds leave but Spencer walked off slowly to the bubble with a trainer in tow about two-thirds thru practice. Frankly I am glad to hear it was heat rather than a turned ankle or something.

Buchanon had to have a two taped mid practice--hopefully preventative.

Quote:
Maybe it was just me but it seemed hotter out there at 9:30 a.m. than it does at 7:30 p.m.
Have to agree--maybe because it was getting hotter instead of cooling off. Thank goodness for the breeze right at the end.
Old 07-28-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Are they in pads in both sessions? or will it be split?
Old 07-28-2006   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone talked to coach yet? Any updates on how anyone did today?
Old 07-28-2006   #13
titan hater
Veteran

Default I know its early, but...

Who looks good during the first workout? Are they in pads? Any Mario news?
Old 07-28-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
Are they in pads in both sessions? or will it be split?
It was shells this morning. Not sure about session two.
Old 07-28-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Maybe it was just me but it seemed hotter out there at 9:30 a.m. than it does at 7:30 p.m.
It's the angle of the sun, and remember its really 10:30 when you back out
daylignt ST. That's virtually mid day as far as sun angle goes, and those are the most penetrating sun rays. 7:30 PM makes for a relatively beneign sun in the summertime compared to mid day.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Actually I was going to run 11 miles, but my route takes me close to my house after 8.5 and I have to run away from home and back to get in the 11. It was so humid I didn't have the mental fortitude to continue - and I didn't want to overdo it and have my own heat problems either. I was completely soaked, like I had jumped in a pool before starting my run. At the end my feet were squishing with every step I took since my shoes were filled with tepid pools of my own sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
There were a lot of helmets coming off and players running water over their heads and into their helmets. ...while Kubiak was wearing his patented long sleeve sweatshirt.
He's the man.
Old 07-28-2006   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek

Am I the only one who thinks this summer has actually been fairly pleasant? I remember last year being a scorcher, and so far, it's just seemed cooler out to me. Don't know if I am just sort of used to it now or what.
Well, it is just that it is getting hotter faster this year. Normally this heat isn't until mid Aug.
Old 07-28-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
It's the angle of the sun....
Not sure why I typed 7:30, I meant 3:30. Dom had some practices over the past years in the mid-afternoons and that's what I was comparing it to.

I do know why I typed 7:30 ... I was just talking to someone else about evening practices. The only thing bad about 7:30 practices - for the fans - is staring into the setting sun.
Old 07-28-2006   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason the heat didn't seem as bad to me as the evening practices. Maybe it was because the sun was at our backs and we did have a little breeze. Kubiak is the MAN!!!! Didn't look like the heat even fazed him at all, even with that sweat shirt on.

Aj!! Missed seeing ya!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan

Aj!! Missed seeing ya!
I had my top secret clearance working today. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be back in the stands.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read