Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-28-2006   #1
real

Default NFL Draft countdowns 2007 Mock Draft

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

They have us taking Joe Thomas at the fourth pick...1) I don't think we'll be drafting that hight 2) an offensive lineman ???
Old 07-28-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm going with LaRon Landry or whoever the best DB in the draft is or is available.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I'm going with LaRon Landry or whoever the best DB in the draft is or is available.
My sentiments exactly...
Old 07-28-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
My sentiments exactly...

That is unless for some reason Adrian Peterson falls.
Old 07-28-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
That is unless for some reason Adrian Peterson falls.
That would be nice...But Im hoping that we can go DB in the first, and pick up a running back in the second...like Bush, or Lynch...just off the top of my head...
Old 07-28-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That would be nice...But Im hoping that we can go DB in the first, and pick up a running back in the second...like Bush, or Lynch...just off the top of my head...
I agree
Old 07-28-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey if we didn't get a 1st round RB this year, we aint gettin one next year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Hey if we didn't get a 1st round RB this year, we aint gettin one next year.
I wouldn't count on that. We didn't get a 1st round RB this year but it wasn't for lack of trying. Carolina just stepped in front of us and got the guy we wanted. If we'd managed to get DeAngelo Williams I wonder which of our many excellent picks wouldn't be here now? No DeMeco Ryans? No Eric Winston? I'm personally happy with the draft we had but we did try to make a move for a RB in the later first round.

If Davis doesn't make it through most of this season healthy and nobody else catches on fire I expect us to attempt to get another good RB next year and if need be we'll go for it in the first round.
Old 07-28-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doubtful that Lynch falls to the second round, but one can hope.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Carolina just stepped in front of us and got the guy we wanted.
I thought Buffalo screwed us. Weren't we in talks with the Bears for their pick, but they ended up trading with Buffalo who took McCargo. Carolina then had Williams fall into their lap. They didn't trade up for him.
Old 07-28-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Something along those lines. I honestly don't remember the specifics but I know we were after Chicago's pick and didn't get it. Carolina took the guy we wanted (Williams) and that was that. Now that I think about it I believe you're right. I remember everyone going "McCargo? What?"
Old 07-28-2006   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder who ESPN will be hyping up the most this next year. Easy choices are Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. They will be dubbed "once in a lifetime" prospects. Sounds quite similar.........
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
I wonder who ESPN will be hyping up the most this next year. Easy choices are Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. They will be dubbed "once in a lifetime" prospects. Sounds quite similar.........
My bet is on Teddy Gin Jr. or Lynch.
Old 07-28-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, that link doesn't work, and I can't get that site to show up period.
Old 07-28-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting ...acording to this guy, Landry isn't even the top Safety prospect.
This isn't going to another VY man-love thing this year is it ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

They have us taking Joe Thomas at the fourth pick...1) I don't think we'll be drafting that hight 2) an offensive lineman ???
The guys who do these are often projecting highest need. Nationally, until our oline performs these guys will pretty much believe the highest need is OL, specifically OT. It does not matter that we just drafted two on the first day and employ a system that may not put a priority on drafting Olmen extremely high.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
My bet is on Teddy Gin Jr. or Lynch.
My money is also on Ted Gin Jr. I think he is going to have a huge season and ESPN loves explosive playmakers.

He is one of the fastest players that I have ever seen. If he improves his route running he could be a lock for the top 3 or 5.
Old 07-29-2006   #18
Trapped
Veteran

This time next year, if Jared Gaither of Maryland declares after his sophomore year, i would seriously look at him. I think he is Jonathan Ogden all over again. I don't think he fits our zone blocking scheme, but someone will be getting a franchise LT.

He was also recruited to play BBall too at South Carolina. Dude is a monster, im telling you, u thought the Brick was good, he's even better.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand how they say "failed experiment" for Pitts at LT.. I thought he did good. But we all know that guard is his future.. I guess I just dont' see how Pitts is the weak link in the line even if it was at LT
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
The guys who do these are often projecting highest need. Nationally, until our oline performs these guys will pretty much believe the highest need is OL, specifically OT. It does not matter that we just drafted two on the first day and employ a system that may not put a priority on drafting Olmen extremely high.
I'm on this band wagon. You're preachin' to the choir. Won't argue with the need at DB. But....we're one OL prospect from having an elite o-line. Be a real plus for us every year at draft time if the o-line was locked up and all we needed to do is look for day two prospects from here on out. Not to start mind you. But to add deepth for our starting five. Which would mean we could cherry pick the skill positions every year form here on out. Then if you wanted to take a safty #1, I'd have no problem with it.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read