Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-28-2006   #1
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13
Default Best College Rivalry

Lets hear em!

Hears mine in no paticular order

Navy vs. Army
LSU vs. any of their rivals
Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
UT vs. OU
Cal vs. USC

These are the first that come to mind
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #2
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Lets hear em!

Navy vs. Army
UT vs. OU
Cal vs. USC

Well Hands down it is easily Ohio State-Michigan...

then it's Auburn-Alabama

easily the top 2

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Don't forget UT/A&M! I don't know of many college rivalries that have songs about them...

http://www.billpekar.com/colorslyrics.aspx

...but I'm sure if there are any other college rivalries that have been penned into song, you'll educate me to them.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #4
houstonbuckeye
Rookie

Default The best college rivalry is tOSU vs. michigan

The best rivalry is tOSU vs. mich second wouls be tx vs. tam and third would be nd vs usc.
houstonbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Army/Navy

Any other rivalry is only going to consist of fan bases from two (or just one) states.

How is tOSU/Michigan a bigger rivalry than say 'Bama/Auburn? Are you going to convince a Crimson Tide fan that a Buckeye hates Michigan more than he hates Auburn? How do you measure that?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Flordia/Flordia St. is pretty big as well.

I think that there is no deffinate way to measure which rivalry is more intense.

In no order:

Army/Navy
Bama/Auburn
Ohio st/Michigan
Florida/Flordia st
UT/TAMU
Old 07-28-2006   #7
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Experts say Auburn/Alabama. I have to agree with them
then:

Ohio State/Michigan
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
Experts say Auburn/Alabama. I have to agree with them

Yep I agree as well ..... it's not something you can fully appreciate unless you've lived it ...... shortly after this year's game, merchants were selling bumperstickers that read "I sacked Brodie" ........ He was sacked like 10 or 11 times .... War Eagle
Old 07-28-2006   #9
TexansCanes
All Pro

personally i don't think you can put LSU vs. Rival on the list because they don't have a primary one unless you count the battle for the golden boot (arkansas) but that isn't that great of a game. also, Cal and USC has been a big game recently but both have rival teams they hate more. i don't think one is far better than another, i think you have some top tier games that could be put in any order. One thing i have always wanted to know from texas fans is who would you consider a bigger rival, TAMU or OU? Nationally the red river shoot out is bigger because of the impact on national championship picture but being from houston i see how big the day after thanksgiving is.
Old 07-28-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Those Nebraska/Oklahoma games in the Big 8 were great, especially in the 80's.
Old 07-28-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Lets hear em!

Navy vs. Army
UT vs. OU
Cal vs. USC

I won't argue with those. Might quibble a bit. Will say the Aggies decline began when they gave up the early LSU game. Merciful really. Ags couldn't compete.
Mine are :
Army-Navy
USC -Golden Domers
Aurburn -Bama
Miami-Fla St.
Ohio St. -Michigan.
Texas North of the red river(O.U.) vs Texas

Honorable mention...Baylor vs A&M. Those two really don't like each other.

Abc pusjed that OSU -Michigan for mightly for fourty years. However, get outta da big ten...anyone will say the same thing. It's a good game. It's a good rivalry. It's not the best. It ain't in the top three.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #12
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

Dang how can anyone forget about the Biggest cocktail party in the South, Georgia, Florida game that is played in Alltel Stadium.
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #13
Jags&Dawgs
Veteran

The weekend that we play the Texans is the reason why the Jags travel to Houston & The Eagles cause Georgia vs Florida game is on the 28th of October in Jacksonville, Florida
Jags&Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Didn't see anyone post it, but I always thought that Notre Dame vs Michigan was a big game
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
The best ? Where ya from hoss ? The paul bunion bowl. Playing for babe's oysters ? Too funny.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Yes, like the other rivalries, we have songs, jokes, etc.

But occasionally when EPSN does rivalry shows, they rate OSU/Michigan the number 1 sports rivalry period (and it is always the number 1 college rivalry).

Heck, we have riots every year, either in victory or in defeat.

And OSU/Notre Dame? Ummm, it was fun whooping them, but there's no rivalry...

Michigan is leading (uuugghhhh!):
57-39-6

This year is our 89th year.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 08-17-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #18
MikeMc
All Pro

Cougars V Owls! The best rivalry and it is in the best city!
Old 08-17-2006   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike,

Have you got your Cougar season tickets yet?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #20
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Stanford vs. Cal

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read