Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2006   #1
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP
Default depth charts?

were the heck are the friggin depth charts. thay are way overdue. can anyone tell me what the problem is
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #2
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's still under construction! Please be patient .
Old 07-28-2006   #3
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

my bad, do u have any idea as to when thay will be released?
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #4
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17
It's still under construction! Please be patient .
I cant handle the suspense.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #5
Sco-tai
Veteran

This is annoying...for weeks it said "Eve of training camp".

And now that it has begun it says "Check back soon".

:brickwall

Patience is a virtue...but so should being prepared.

Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #6
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

I agree, but that must mean that there are som switches they are considering and want to be sensitive about publishing anything before talking to the players.

You want to create healthy competition with unity as a team. if they just throw something out there, I would think the surprises may be just that to some players and "upset" them and stroke the ego of others.

I know what everyone is going to say now... It is just a preliminary depth chart and we know it is going to continually change until the final 53 man roster and then only change because of injuries (or really sucky playing).

I agree they should put something out there.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is figuring out what the depth chart is looking like himself.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2006   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed them on 13 last night.

If I remember correctly

Your basics

Carr
AJ, Moulds
Putzier and Bruner are supposed to be Kneck and Knceck
Wand then Spencer, Pitts, Flanigan,Mckinney,Wiegart then Winston
DD and then Smith

The whole D line looked up in the air, with Williams, Smith looking like the only solid starters. I did notice Johnson wasen't even listed.
Cowart was starting MLB and Ryans was listed as third
Robinson and Faggins start with Pbuc as the Nickle
Earl and Brown are starting

I dont remember who are our starting OLB are.

Hope this helps a little.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #9
real

Carr/Rossesuch
Davis/Smith
Johnson/Moulds/Walters/(Arena leauge guy)
Putz/Bruener/Daniels

D Line: Williams/Weaver/Payne/Babin...with peek coming in on passing downs...

Linebacker: Greenwood/Cowart/Orr...But they said that Ryans will probably be starting by the first game...
Old 07-28-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Carr/Rossesuch
Davis/Smith
Johnson/Moulds/Walters/(Arena leauge guy)
Putz/Bruener/Daniels

D Line: Williams/Weaver/Payne/Babin...with peek coming in on passing downs...

Linebacker: Greenwood/Cowart/Orr...But they said that Ryans will probably be starting by the first game...
Did you notice the starting MLB was between Wong and Cowart? I thought Wong was hurt until the middle of the season?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Did you notice the starting MLB was between Wong and Cowart? I thought Wong was hurt until the middle of the season?
Yep thay had Cowart/Wong/DeMeco...But they also said that DeMeco will be the likely starter....Cowart is old and slow...Wong is coming off injury...Don't worry I have no Doubt DeMeco will be the starter...

I also noticed that the had Lewis(think thats his name) as our fourth reciever...there was no mention of Armstrong at all...Honestly I don't think we need Armstrong at this point...
Old 07-28-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...9&postcount=39
Depth chart as listed on the program:
QB
1) David Carr
2) Sage Rosenfels

RB
1) Domanick Davis
2) Antowain Smith

FB
1) Jameel Cook

WR
1) Andre Johnson
2) Eric Moulds
3) Kevin Walter
4) Derrick Lewis

TE
1) Jeb Putzier
2) Mark Bruener
3) Bennie Joppru
4) Matt Murphy* - he is no longer on the roster, an error on their part.

LT
1) Seth Wand
2) Charles Spencer

LG
1) Chester Pitts

C
1) Mike Flanagan

RG
1) Steve McKinney

RT
1) Zach Wiegert
2) Eric Winston

DE
1) Mario Williams
2) Jason Babin
3) Antwan Peek

DT
1) Anthony Weaver
2) Seth Payne
3) Robaire Smith

OLB
1) Shantee Orr
2) Morlon Greenwood

MLB
1) Sam Cowart
2) Kailee Wong
3) Demeco Ryans

CB
1) Dunta Robinson
2) Demarcus Faggins
3) Philip Buchanon

S
1) Glen Earl
2) CC Brown
3) Michael Stone
4) Jason Simmons
MorKnolle posted it in the thread about the abc show.
Old 07-28-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Its always good to hear from Nick.
Old 07-28-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick, you always go so long between your posts. Sometimes I forget your position. Thanks for the update though.
Old 07-28-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

What fans saw two-deep on defense at practice this morning was: (disclaimer - remember this is a fluid situation and take this fwiw - remember this is two-a days on the first day of camp and this is far from etched into stone - there were exceptions/rotations etc., so take it all with a grain, but this is what I saw most of the time)

First team:
Mario - Robiare - Weaver - Babin (Mario and Babin flip flop when the Texans line up strong left - which they do every once in a while. The tackles also flip flop at times)

Orr - Cowart - Greenwood

Dunta - Petey

Earl - CC

Second team:

Kalu - TJ - Payne - Peek

Anderson - Rainer - Ryans

Sanders -- P Buc

Stone -- Simmons

Things supposedly are different in the second sessions. I heard that DeMeco gets plenty of reps in the middle. We just didn't see it this morning.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks. Robaire over Payne is interesting. Mildly interesting given your caveats. I was also waiting to see just how much Kubiak liked Stone at safety.
Old 07-28-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
What fans saw two-deep on defense at practice this morning was: (disclaimer - remember this is a fluid situation and take this fwiw - remember this is two-a days on the first day of camp and this is far from etched into stone - there were exceptions/rotations etc., so take it all with a grain, but this is what I saw most of the time)

First team:
Mario - Robiare - Weaver - Babin (Mario and Babin flip flop when the Texans line up strong left - which they do every once in a while. The tackles also flip flop at times)

Orr - Cowart - Greenwood

Dunta - Petey

Earl - CC

Second team:

Kalu - TJ - Payne - Peek

Anderson - Rainer - Ryans

Sanders -- P Buc

Stone -- Simmons

Things supposedly are different in the second sessions. I heard that DeMeco gets plenty of reps in the middle. We just didn't see it this morning.
Out of all the linebackers, I was most impressed by Orr today.

Ryans was somewhat impressive also. He had better technique and speed than most of the veterans.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Robaire, Weaver, and Payne are clearly the top three DTs. Weaver can also play head-on or outside OT techniques if they need him to.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'll tell you what has really stuck out with that depth chart. Derrick Lewis at #4 WR. I thought it would be tough for him to make the team considering how solid we are at WR. I'm really impressed with him being the #4, but I know it could easily change.
Old 07-28-2006   #20
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I'll tell you what has really stuck out with that depth chart. Derrick Lewis at #4 WR. I thought it would be tough for him to make the team considering how solid we are at WR. I'm really impressed with him being the #4, but I know it could easily change.
I am guessing Lewis is in there because of WR/KR assignment as Mathis is out.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read