Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-27-2006   #1
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Were the Texans First?

Were the Texans the first team to sign all of their draft picks? I haven't heard or seen anything about the other teams having all of their picks signed yet. It doesn't really matter to me about the other teams as long as the Texans have all of theirs in camp. Just curious to see if anybody has heard anything on this.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
Were the Texans the first team to sign all of their draft picks? I haven't heard or seen anything about the other teams having all of their picks signed yet. It doesn't really matter to me about the other teams as long as the Texans have all of theirs in camp. Just curious to see if anybody has heard anything on this.
I think the Bears signed all theirs first but they didn't have a first rounder, iirc.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #3
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
I think they were one of them, the Jags I believe have only just signed the first of their picks
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It feels nice knowing we won't have any holdouts. The only holdout we've ever had was Travis Johnson and that lasted for all of one day. At least the Texans have done something right in their 4 years. Dan Ferens, the salary cap/contracts guy, is good at getting guys signed.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #5
touttail
All Pro

We would probably still be trying to sign Bush and rob Bank of America to do so. I don't think he has the desire to play in New Orleans and T. Benson is so tight, he squeaks.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #6
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
We would probably still be trying to sign Bush and rob Bank of America to do so. I don't think he has the desire to play in New Orleans and T. Benson is so tight, he squeaks.

Bobby 119C
and with deal Buddy Backdoor signed Vince too, I am betting Bush will not be signed for quite sometime. I have heard his people asking for same money Mario got despite being #2 pick, I am betting in light of this we won't see his number on field by halfway point of season.
Old 07-27-2006   #7
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
I think the Bears signed all theirs first but they didn't have a first rounder, iirc.
You are correct!!!!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2006   #8
touttail
All Pro

BigD Texans Fan,

Love your advatar! Good one man! BullPen needs posters made up with your advatar on them!
Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
It feels nice knowing we won't have any holdouts. The only holdout we've ever had was Travis Johnson and that lasted for all of one day. At least the Texans have done something right in their 4 years. Dan Ferens, the salary cap/contracts guy, is good at getting guys signed.
Since we overpay for many of our free agents, I am not surprised to hear that we usually get everybody signed. I'm just glad we aren't dealing with Bush right now. I remember what havoc Cedric Benson caused last year on the Bears squad. I wouldn't want to deal with that when trying to bring up a franchise.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #10
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Man, I find it great that we've got all our rookies in camp, especially the big fish like Williams and Ryans. I think both will benefit from a full mini and training camp.

I also like that we basically agreed to terms on both of our Third Round linemen at the same time and that they'll be getting the same amount of work in camp, too. That's big.

Debate about the Williams versus Bush versus Young pick if you will but everything (or virtually everything) the coaching staff and GM's office has done with personnel matters has looked great since April.
Old 07-28-2006   #11
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

the fact that we locked up mario under contract even b4 h was drafted is what sets the texans apart. i am confident with the front office and their desire to get guys to camp and get a winning product on the field.in houston, were all business!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read