Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-26-2006   #1
dcarey20
Veteran

Default Favorite College Player

the most underrated and unknown star RB in the nation:

^Lance Ball, RB, Maryland Terrapins
5'9", 225 lbs. rushed for 903 yards on 189 carries and 6 TDs even though Ralph Friedgen used a 3 back system. Also had 18 receptions for 153 yards and a bunch of big plays. not to mention he has a 375-pound bench and 650-pound squat.

Singledhandedly won the MD/Navy game. On 4th and 8, he caught a screen, shook off 2 tackles, and after about 6 yards, guy pushed him and he was almost down...stayed up and got 9 yards for the first.
Old 07-27-2006   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Tom Zbikowski

One of the best returning defensive players in the country. Has a knack for finding the ball and is a big hitter. Returns kicks and punts.. can't get much better than him.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
the most underrated and unknown star RB in the nation:

^Lance Ball, RB, Maryland Terrapins
5'9", 225 lbs. rushed for 903 yards on 189 carries and 6 TDs even though Ralph Friedgen used a 3 back system. Also had 18 receptions for 153 yards and a bunch of big plays. not to mention he has a 375-pound bench and 650-pound squat.

Singledhandedly won the MD/Navy game. On 4th and 8, he caught a screen, shook off 2 tackles, and after about 6 yards, guy pushed him and he was almost down...stayed up and got 9 yards for the first.
What about the RB at TSU, Brent Willson. I think he's the RB under everybodies radar right now ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough
Tom Zbikowski

One of the best returning defensive players in the country. Has a knack for finding the ball and is a big hitter. Returns kicks and punts.. can't get much better than him.
Agreed and we can get him in the second.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #5
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 217 | 40-Time: 4.45
1,246yrds 6.4ypc 10TDS

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.35
Old 07-29-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamal Charles and Adrian Peterson. Two totally different styles. Just love watching them play. I much prefer their style of running than Bush.
Old 07-29-2006   #7
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Watch out for this guy in 2006

Kenny Irons, Auburn

Old 07-29-2006   #8
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

All the Arkansas Razorbacks, but to pick one I'd say RB Darren McFadden.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #9
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
All the Arkansas Razorbacks, but to pick one I'd say RB Darren McFadden.
to bad about McFadden, i thought that they might give sc a good game. Darren McFadden is a hoss. Mine would have to be JaMarus Russell since X man left the team

Old 07-29-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Westfield High School's former QB Pierre Beasley, now playing QB/WR at Rice

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #11
Rosusu
All Pro

Sidney Rice!!!
Old 07-30-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Xavier Lee, QB, Florida State

Rashad Bobino, LB, Texas

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough
Tom Zbikowski

Good Boxer too.

I also kind of like Darius Walker from ND. I like his versatility and think he could have a big year.

Last edited by tulexan; 07-30-2006 at 12:52 PM.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #15
Rosusu
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Xavier Lee, QB, Florida State

Rashad Bobino, LB, Texas

Xavier Lee!!! That guy is a beast! I watched him play in a high school all american game and he was just sick. I have been waiting to see what he can do for awhile now.
Old 07-30-2006   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #17
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Laron Landry hes a playmaker and maybe a future texan? I also like Lima Sweed
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Kolb, University of Houston

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #19
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Good Boxer too.

I also kind of like Darius Walker from ND. I like his versatility and think he could have a big year.
Yeah, I wish I coulda seen his 45 second professional debut.

Walker should have a great year again, with every team trying to focus on the passing game with Brady Quinn and Jeff Samarjiza. I can see him possibly being top 20 in the NCAA in rushing. I'm hoping the Irish make a great run this year, because I don't know how good their QB will be next year. I just hope they don't start Clausen as a freshmen after Quinns gone.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind us picking Landry in the first round and Walker in the second.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read