Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak's Training Camp Eve Presser

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Some interesting things and a some answers to our questions. Here's what I took from it...

- They are worried about Domanick's knee.
- DeMeco will be starting somewhere. Probably MLB.
- No one has really stepped up as a leader on either side of the ball.
- Babin's put on some size and appears to be the leader for the RDE spot.
- Travis Johnson is still a lazy slob.
- They're still looking for some veteran help (depth) in the secondary.
- He still likes Michael Stone a lot.

Last edited by the wonger need food; 07-26-2006 at 07:07 PM.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

If you don't feel like reading the whole transcript, here's the Reader's Digest version... http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
Old 07-26-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good read. Do you get the notion that Demeco may be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years?

Kubiak really likes the guy and it sounds like he has earned the respect and the time to be on the field as a starting LB. Can't wait to see Demeco on the field this pre season.
Old 07-26-2006   #4
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Scanning..........

Scanning...........................

I do not see the word "execute" anywhere in his quotes
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Do you get the notion that Demeco may be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years?
Without a doubt.
Old 07-26-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
I do not see the word "execute" anywhere in his quotes
Substitute execute with winning.
Old 07-26-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome, I didn't know Wong was at the mike for us. I think DeMeco will grab the MLB job even if Cowart is playing 100%.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Ok.... *Sniff*

I started tearing up at the end of the (on how it feels to be head coach) and on the (message to the players) section I could swear I felt one on my cheek. Especially on the part about having meetings, practicing, and playing like winners.
Old 07-26-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, Vinny is right once again!

maybe

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Substitute execute with winning.
That was beautiful. Much Rep added to you.
Old 07-26-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Also I was impressed with Taylor as a kick returner during camp. I think that’s an added dimension that he has.”
Our KR savior while Mathis is out? And this should really help his chances of making the team.
Old 07-26-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny

maybe
If you've started referring to yourself in 3rd person, I guess it's time for camp too start, and not a moment too soon!
Old 07-26-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
If you've started referring to yourself in 3rd person, I guess it's time for camp too start, and not a moment too soon!
I was about to say that.

Quote:
I was very impressed with Wali Lundy, he did make a couple of plays in camp.
-Kubes
I'll be watching that guy in preseason.

I liked what i heard about DeMeco. I also liked how the focus wasn't on Mario. No need to put any more pressure on the guy.
Old 07-26-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Good read. Do you get the notion that Demeco may be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years?

Kubiak really likes the guy and it sounds like he has earned the respect and the time to be on the field as a starting LB. Can't wait to see Demeco on the field this pre season.
I second the motion.
Old 07-26-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I second the motion.
Jerek, odd to see you in this forum.

I kind of feel I have been trapped in solitary, spending time in the NSZ, and finally there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of training camp.

The virtual air in this thread is mighty fine and may have to stick around awhile.
Old 07-26-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just what I need...another reason to look forward to September. Can someone tell me something negative? Like scouting reports on possible first overall picks?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
(on the running back situation) “I think the running back situation will be very interesting. Antowain (Smith) had a good camp. He's been successful in this league. He takes care of his body. There's no reason why he doesn't have some good football ahead of him. I think from a young standpoint, I’m excited to watch these guys compete. I was very impressed with Wali Lundy, he did make a couple of plays in camp. I was very impressed with Chris Taylor. (Vernand) Morency missed a lot of time throughout that month, and he’s going to battle with some good young football players. And of course the young man from Syracuse did some good stuff so I think it’ll be interesting to see who’ll be the other backs on this football team. There will be great competition and we’ll see how that pans out. Also I was impressed with Taylor as a kick returner during camp. I think that’s an added dimension that he has.”
You think he likes this guy? Can any of the members who were at OTA comment? I am sure you noticed and said something before, but...

And for a preemptive strike I did notice the lack of zeal for Vernando.
Old 07-26-2006   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You think he likes this guy? Can any of the members who were at OTA comment? I am sure you noticed and said something before, but...

And for a preemptive strike I did notice the lack of zeal for Vernando.
I remember AJ and I think coachc both saying they were impressed with Taylor. Who knows, either he, Lundy, or both could turn out to be at least role players on this team.
Old 07-26-2006   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny

maybe
Sounds like you need to be brought down a notch. Let's see. Lemme reach into my porkorama memory bank. Oh lookee, I think I found something. Hmmm, could Vinny have said these things?

Mike Williams will never be stopped in the red zone.

Larry Fitzgerald is too slow, and can't gain any seperation.

Oh and for the record, your's truly loved Fitz coming out, and was not enamored with Williams.
Old 07-26-2006   #20
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2670

My goal for this team is to have meetings like winners meet, prepare like winners prepare and practice like winners practice. We will go out and turn this football team around and be able at some point and say we’re a winner and become a team that has a chance to win 9, 10, 11, 12 games a year, that’s where we’re headed.

This is my favorite portion of the presser. I like how everything starts with doing what a winner does. The expectations for these guys are high, and I like how they aren't going to be compromised in any manner.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read