Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default News on D. Davis?

Has anyone herd any news on DD, is he going to be ready for this season? Are we still lookin' for another vet. running back?

Last edited by ArlingtonTexan; 07-25-2006 at 07:43 PM. Reason: a little misleading
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

hmm.. thought you had some news on him from the title. You had me there.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

hook'em I am going to change the periods to questions.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
hook'em I am going to change the periods to questions.
good idea I thought we were going to be getting some news. nobody really knows anything yet on how serious it will be twoards the season Hook'em but hopefully in the next couple days we'll hear something on his progression.
Old 07-25-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Don't know anything, I guess we'll all see Friday morning at 8:30 am, I'll definitely be there to see our guys get to work.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

bring in Chris Brown, he wants out and it'd be good to stick it to Bud.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #7
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
bring in Chris Brown, he wants out and it'd be good to stick it to Bud.
I would rather give the rookies a shot and see how there camps come along and who knows Morency might come around. He has all the same skills as DD with alittle more speed. He just doesnt' have the since of feel for the game. I like Wali Lundy though and at basically 6'-0", 220lbs playing weight coming from an team with the same o-line Blocking Scheme, I think he can flourish IMO. If they can't cut it, then go after Brown, Benett, A Train from Chicago, etc.
Old 07-26-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Don't know anything, I guess we'll all see Friday morning at 8:30 am, I'll definitely be there to see our guys get to work.
Maybe Saturday morning to see if there is any of that "post workout swelling". The first full week should be the most telling.

DD's health is one of the higher items on my worry list.
Old 07-26-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Maybe Saturday morning to see if there is any of that "post workout swelling". The first full week should be the most telling.

DD's health is one of the higher items on my worry list.
Do we know if he'll even be participating? Or will he be sitting out?
Old 07-26-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring in Chris Brown.

He probably asked for a trade because he knows we're in need of a back.
Old 07-26-2006   #11
Pigskin Porkers
Rookie

Domanick Davis: Will be Eased Into Practice

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Update: Davis (knee inflammation) is expected to be eased into practice when training camp starts later this week, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Davis is expected to be a big part of Houston's offense, though it's likely we'll see head coach Gary Kubiak expand David Carr's game with the addition of wide receiver Eric Moulds and tight end Jeb Putzier. As has been the case the previous three seasons, fantasy owners should keep an eye on the backup running back situation, which appears to be a battle between Vernand Morency and Antowain Smith entering training camp.
Pigskin Porkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Eased into practice, he should be up-and-running by now! I guess we'll all know in less than a week, keep them fingers crossed!
Old 07-26-2006   #13
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

"I've got a bad felling about this".
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #14
Rosewood
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
Has anyone herd any news on DD, is he going to be ready for this season? Are we still lookin' for another vet. running back?
I hope he is well and will make the season opener..Davis is nice but he needs to stay healthy...with this zone offense, he is subject to gain 1500+ yards..
Old 07-26-2006   #15
real

I don't think we will miss DD much to be honest...
Old 07-26-2006   #16
Rosewood
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't think we will miss DD much to be honest...
why do you say that buddy???
Old 07-26-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood
why do you say that buddy???
I just think that we will find another back that is capable of being a quality starter...i don't think DD is the kinda guy you miss...He is the kinda guy you say "oh well" about, and move on...
Old 07-26-2006   #18
Rosewood
Rookie

Quote:
I just think that we will find another back that is capable of being a quality starter...i don't think DD is the kinda guy you miss...He is the kinda guy you say "oh well" about, and move on...
lol...i guess i feel you on that...he is a great back though...he just get hurt often....he is not the power guy and coach K will get him out of that situation...I honestly hope he is alright and we find another back..two would be great..
Old 07-26-2006   #19
real

Well If history holds true...Denver doesn't seem to place high value on the running back position...And IMO, DD is Good...not Great...The Texans don't have any "Great" players...IMO...at least not yet...
Old 07-26-2006   #20
Pigskin Porkers
Rookie

Quote:
Well If history holds true...Denver doesn't seem to place high value on the running back position...And IMO, DD is Good...not Great...The Texans don't have any "Great" players...IMO...at least not yet...

Wasn't DD all of the offense last year till he got hurt? You must be better then just good ,if the other team knows all they have to do is stop you, and you still bring it.
Pigskin Porkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read