Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Game Review - taped games

I'd like to do something different this season when it comes to reviewing and critiquing games. I like to tape games and review them and look for the many things I miss during the fast paced and emotional game as it goes down in real time. I pick up many blocks or moments that I miss during the flow of the game as I watch it unfold live.

I'd like to see if any of you guys had an interest in meeting in a chat room on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings 16 times a year (after each game obviously) and we can all watch the our taped games together & we can share what we are looking at and perceive from the broadcast. Viewing taped game film from a TV broadcast isn't as good as watching game film but it is really all we have and I think it would be fun to get together with other Texan fans and point out the little things we perceive from the game that some of us may otherwise miss. We can all fast forward though the commercials and we can probably break down a game in little over an hour or so as we pause to chat about good stuff and some bad stuff from the previous weeks game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd like to do something different this season when it comes to reviewing and critiquing games. I like to tape games and review them and look for the many things I miss during the fast paced and emotional game as it goes down in real time. I pick up many blocks or moments that I miss during the flow of the game as I watch it unfold live.

I'd like to see if any of you guys had an interest in meeting in a chat room on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings 16 times a year (after each game obviously) and we can all watch the our taped games together & we can share what we are looking at and perceive from the broadcast. Viewing taped game film from a TV broadcast isn't as good as watching game film but it is really all we have and I think it would be fun to get together with other Texan fans and point out the little things we perceive from the game that some of us may otherwise miss. We can all fast forward though the commercials and we can probably break down a game in little over an hour or so as we pause to chat about good stuff and some bad stuff from the previous weeks game.
Good idea!
Old 07-25-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife already makes fun of me for posting during games - tape review at the computer? Ouch - I don't know if I could take the abuse.
Old 07-25-2006   #4
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Great idea I might get to see more than one or two games that way. If this comes about please keep me posted. Thanks.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

On one hand, that sounds awesome.

On the other hand, uh, I would like to keep my marriage intact.

I'd enjoy reading what y'alls thoughts on things are, and if the planets align, be able to participate a time or two.
Old 07-25-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

How can we watch the game in a chat room? Sounds like a cool idea.
Old 07-25-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to be a part of it. Of course, I'd have to duct tape my four year old to the bedpost, but hey, it's football season. Do what you've gotta' do.

Great idea, Vinny. I think the insight would prove to be invaluable and worth the effort.
Old 07-25-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
How can we watch the game in a chat room? Sounds like a cool idea.
you tape the game in your own home...we watch it together as we all FF thru the commercials. Each quarter generally only has a couple of offensive and defensive possessions. I don't think it would take long to review a game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #9
afcman
Veteran

I've always taped games. And I watch them during the off season because I love football so much.

I don't watch the NBA or baseball (both seasons are too long among other things). I do watch some college basketball and I really love hockey.

But football is the BEST. So I tape as many college and pro games as I can and keep the tapes because you never know what might happen. And as the original post stated, you can watch different players each time.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

That's hardcore. Good idea.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I do that with my family and friends. It'd be fun to get together with other Texan fans and talk about a game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
you tape the game in your own home...we watch it together as we all FF thru the commercials. Each quarter generally only has a couple of offensive and defensive possessions. I don't think it would take long to review a game.
That's not going to work for me...I get a maximum of 3 or 4 games on TV a year...
Old 07-25-2006   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm deffinately in. i should have a computer setup near a TV by the time the season starts, but either way it's a great idea. even watching the games live with the chatroom running there are things that one person will catch that everyone else misses. it'd be fun to disect those plays and have more concrete information on the team & how they're playing.
Old 07-25-2006   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does the NFL Network replay games during the week?

I would like to do this, but I am little short on time out here during the evenings. Also, I am two hours behind, among other things.

This is really cool though. Good idea.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great idea Vinny. Perhaps you could do it in a thread format rather than a chat. That way the dialoge wouldn't be lost and could be reviewed by those unable to attend. Prossibly a lttle more cumbersome, but would retain the data.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how often I'd be able to join in (the whole "keeping my marriage intact" thing) but it sounds like a blast.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I re-watch every game but can't commit to a schedule. I usually do it on Monday nights, sometimes on Tuesdays, sometimes at 6 pm, sometimes at 2 am. Chat is not my bag either. I like to watch, rewind, watch, process, watch again, then document. Chat doesn't lend itself to my method of game review. But have fun, I'm sure you'll find several people willing to do it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Having no idea of how DFW stations are going to handle the Texans in term of telecasts, I probably will be hit or miss in terms of game tape, but i would like the chatroom to join when I can or even just ot take part in the banter.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I re-watch every game but can't commit to a schedule. I usually do it on Monday nights, sometimes on Tuesdays, sometimes at 6 pm, sometimes at 2 am. Chat is not my bag either. I like to watch, rewind, watch, process, watch again, then document. Chat doesn't lend itself to my method of game review. But have fun, I'm sure you'll find several people willing to do it.
What he said. Love to see everyone's ideas. My thought last year when I was posting about the passing O was to get a group of people who would watch certain facets of the game and post their thoughts and let conversation flow. The loose schedule might work better. Then have a Thursday night chat follow up if wanted.
Old 07-25-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Just traking the game via game book @ NFL.com is pretty good. No it's not like seeing the play, however might help those keep up with the chat who don't have the game. Perhaps the rest of the clan could fill in the gaps.
I got a real beef with the channel for not repalying more games. Enough with the cheerleaders already. Seen one Venus, seen 'em all.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read