Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up **CONTEST***Who Is Your Favorite Football Player? Texans or Any Other Team!

~*~CONTEST~*~

Let's have a little contest before this season gets kicked off!

In 100 words or less, please tell us
"Who Is Your Favorite Pro Football Player and Why."

Your favorite can be a player on the Texans Team or on another Team, it doesn't make any difference to me.

Your player MUST BE A CURRENT AND ACTIVE PLAYER on an NFL team! No former players!!!

The contest will begin TODAY July 25, 2006 and will end on Friday August 11, 2006.

Two "prizes" will be awarded. One prize for First Place and One prize for Runner-up! The First Place Prize Winner will have their choice of the following...

1st Prize Winner can either choose from one of the above cards:
David Carr/Yao Ming ROOKIE CARD!
Dominick Davis #ed ROOKIE CARD!
David Carr Die Cut ROOKIE CARD!
Dunta Robinson ROOKIE JERSEY CARD!

~~OR~~

I will try and find a card of YOUR favorite player from my collection and send THAT specific player card to you. If I don't have that player, I will try to comprise a few cards from your TEAM of preference and you can choose from those. I have over 300+ jersey and autograph cards in my collection and they are all good cards. I'm sure I can find something that you will like.

The Second Prize Winner will choose a card from the choices shown above!

I will mail the card to the winners after the contest is closed!

The winners will be selected by myself and a few other "ANONYMOUS" Texans Board Members, that I will choose after the contest is concluded.

Let's have some fun with this guys!
IT'S FOOTBALL TIME AGAIN!!!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!

Last edited by Luv_ya_blue; 07-25-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Allright, I'll take a stab at it. My 50 words start below.

My favorite player is Mike Vick. He is possibly the most exciting breakaway player in the NFL, and makes defenses scheme differently for him. He is capable of winning any game at any time, and always picks himself up after a big hit. He IS the franchise. He constantly delivers huge performances, and his 40 yard run over minnesota in overtime to win the game is one of the greatest plays I've ever witnessed. Mike Vick is a winner, from Virginia Tech to Atlanta. Anyone who watched him in the national championship could testify to his heart....Vick never quits.

100 exactly by my count.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"

Last edited by swtbound07; 07-25-2006 at 05:30 PM.
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

My favourite player is Julius Jones. I have followed Notre Dame football all my life and have never seen a runner like him. When he is healthy he could be one of the best backs in the league. Unlike most other athletes, Jones' desire to play football comes before money. Whenever he plays he plays with his heart. He also does great things for the community of Dallas since he has been signed with the team. There's nothing more that you could ask from a player that Julius does not give to his team.

Last edited by Farough; 07-25-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #4
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Alrighty here it goes.

Andre Johnson is my favorite player because he is a playmaker who makes defensive backs look like their playing pee wee football and when he has the ball the secondary know whats going to happen, Touchdown Texans! He is also one of the most underrated Recivers in the NFL. He is one of the few players that gets Defensive Cordinators headaches preparing on how to stop him.

Last edited by Hutch13; 07-25-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

nope i counted. we are all fine

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #6
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
nope i counted. we are all fine

Oh sorry, i counted letters! ahhhh man do i feel smart lol.
Old 07-25-2006   #7
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Alrighty here it goes.

Andre Johnson is my favorite player cause when he has the ball the secondary know whats going to happen, TD!

SWT, Farough are yall sure yours are 50 words? i think mine is a lil bit over 50
49 words for me.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2006   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

D'Angelo Williams. He will make everyone forget Reggie Bush...

nuff said...
Old 07-25-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

My favorite player is Jarrett Payton. His dad is one of the greatest backs of all time and I followed Payton through college while he was at Miami. He showed that he could get the job done when he was placed in as starting running back. As an undrafted free agent he made the Titans practice squad and was even moved up to the roster and got some playing time. For any undrafted free agent to make the team is quite spectacular. He scored against us and he showed he will be a solid #2 in the future.

Last edited by TexanFan881; 07-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You might expect me to say AJ or D-Rob, but my favorite player is Glenn Earl. He came in with a chip on his shoulder, sliding all the way to the sixth round. He may struggle at times, but has at times been the catalyst in our defense. One of my favorite plays of all times was when Earl dived for a pass and made an interception. He was one of the lone bright spots in our 2-14 year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #11
Texans86
All Pro

Whether you love him or hate him, David Carr has shown nothing but class and toughness throughout his first four years in the league. He has been battered and bruised, and continues to fight for his team. Some “professionals” would make a fuss about the lack of aid he has received to this point, but he continues to work hard and stay positive. While he still has plenty to prove, Carr has proven his merit to me with the way he deals with controversy, both on and off the field. Field General of the future southern powerhouse, David Carr.
Old 07-25-2006   #12
HeartofHouston
Veteran

My favorite player is Ed Reed, University of Miami Alum that go on to the NFL have had a bad reputation of being selfish-uncontrollable-headaches. Mr. Reed comes from "The U" my favorite football college, he's extremely mild mannered and well behaved. There was a situation in his contract year where it was about time for him to be re-sign and no deal had been worked out. Mr Reed stayed patience and didn't cause a big ruckus and was eventually signed to a LONG term deal for boatloads of money. Not to mention he's my favorite cause he is a heck of a DB (my former position). First DB to make DPOTY since like early 80s or late 70s or something .. I cant remember..
Old 07-25-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
I guess Brett needs no description?
Yup

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #15
Hutch13
List of demands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881

My favorite player is Jarrett Payton. His dad is one of the greatest backs of all time and I followed Payton through college while he was at Miami. He showed that he could get the job done when he was placed in as starting running back. As an undrafted free agent he made the Titans practice squad and was even moved up to the roster and got some playing time. For any undrafted free agent to make the team is quite spectacular. He scored against us and he showed he will be a solid #2 in the future.

Your favorite player is a titan

Man i was expecting a lot more posts on your favorite player
Old 08-02-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite player is Keith Bulluck because, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, he's a Bad Mother F$^#er.
Old 08-02-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite player in the NFL that is not on the Texan's roster is LaVar Arrington. Arrington brings the ability to change a game and is a special talent. He has top speed and the size of some linemen. He is fearless in tackles and relentless in his pursuits. He is not afraid to throw his body full force into the ball carrier. I also enjoyed watching him play because he devistated the Cowboys for a few seasons, which makes any Texan fan happy.
Old 08-02-2006   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
Can I win my own Contest???

You said current player right? If not, Earl would be the easy choice for me, though Lee Roy Selmon and Lawrence Taylor would be my 2 runner ups.

Right now I would have to go with Michael Strahan though I hope Mario takes that role for me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #19
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I am going with Troy Polamalu because he has cool hair, a fierce Samoan warrior attitude and plays hard.

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #20
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Carson Palmer...don't really know why, maybe because he helped the Bengals reach the playoffs....wouldn't mind if he became a Texan though

Last edited by santo; 08-03-2006 at 10:40 AM.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read