Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Here is a person of potential interest

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2529310

This sounds like our kind of guy. They may want to add some depth to our line. Seems to play in the weight range we are looking for. Sounds like he is a fair minded player. I would say he's quite unselfish as a matter of fact.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Two things: the shoulder injury bugaboo, and his reasons for suddenly quitting the Panthers in training camp. No one likes a quitter. Nope, he's not for us. ....And at 32 he is a tad on the old side.
Old 07-25-2006   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We definetly don't need another Boseli type incident.
Old 07-25-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Two things: the shoulder injury bugaboo, and his reasons for suddenly quitting the Panthers in training camp. No one likes a quitter. Nope, he's not for us. ....And at 32 he is a tad on the old side.
yeah i think were set right now. i like the peices that are in place with pitts, mckinney, flanagan, wiegert, winston, spencer, salaam....were a little deeper than people think. and i wouldnt call him a "quitter." he was probably in the same situation as tony boselli....but we dont call him a quitter.
Old 07-25-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2529310

This sounds like our kind of guy. They may want to add some depth to our line. Seems to play in the weight range we are looking for. Sounds like he is a fair minded player. I would say he's quite unselfish as a matter of fact.
Sounds like he wants to be a starter and would probably want starter money from the team he signs with. What would do with Wiegart? Eventualy we would need to get Justice and Spencer some playing time. If he could play guard great, but even then I am thinking McKinney and Pitts are going to be two solid starting guards.

But who knows.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
We definetly don't need another Boseli type incident.
AAAWWWWMMM!!!!!! You said the B Word!!!!!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
AAAWWWWMMM!!!!!! You said the B Word!!!!!!!!
It's ok, all that BS is in the past. We have a new ers of Texans football coming our way.
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
yeah i think were set right now. i like the peices that are in place with pitts, mckinney, flanagan, wiegert, winston, spencer, salaam....were a little deeper than people think. and i wouldnt call him a "quitter." he was probably in the same situation as tony boselli....but we dont call him a quitter.
I was thinking that was why we signed Salaam. Cheap Insurance.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
I was thinking that was why we signed Salaam. Cheap Insurance.
Yup, I think that is right. What a strange offseason. From little talent and no depth on the O-line to what looks like some pretty fair talent and real depth. Frankly, I would not have bet that could have been done in one off season. Now we need to see if it's real or just a mirage of good will.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

old and 2 years removed. If we wouldnt bite on Ross Verba and just drafted 2 solid OT prospects, why should we give this guy a chance??
Old 07-26-2006   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Sounds like he wants to be a starter and would probably want starter money from the team he signs with. What would do with Wiegart? Eventualy we would need to get Justice and Spencer some playing time. If he could play guard great, but even then I am thinking McKinney and Pitts are going to be two solid starting guards.

But who knows.

Richard Justice?? I'd like to see him used as a blocking dummy, but I don't want him on the O-Line.
I think you mean Winston.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
Richard Justice?? I'd like to see him used as a blocking dummy, but I don't want him on the O-Line.
I think you mean Winston.
I think he's thinking we drafted Winston Justice instead of Eric Winston.
Old 07-26-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I think Houston has enough linemen right now, and from the looks of releases, they are trying to thin out the ranks a bit (e.g., cutting Wade).
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he did mean Eric Winston. He probably got confused with Winston Justice.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read