Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 07-25-2006   #1
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP
Default Ramonce Taylor to transfer from Texas

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines
Old 07-25-2006   #2
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

It appears he is headed to Texas State University @ San Marcos
Old 07-25-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBearkat
It appears he is headed to Texas State University @ San Marcos
That has got to be a joke.

He would smoke the Southland Conference. No pun intended.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard hes going to Texas College in Tyler, NAIA

can you imagine him playing NAIA? the NAIA is for the people who played backup in high school
Old 07-25-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
I heard hes going to Texas College in Tyler, NAIA

can you imagine him playing NAIA? the NAIA is for the people who played backup in high school
And the NAIA has been a launching pad for several Hall of Fame and All-stra players in the NBA. I cannot speak for the NFL, but must be noted.
Old 07-25-2006   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

You and I could walk on and play at any NAIA school. It's literally at the high schoo level.
Old 07-25-2006   #7
MikeMc
All Pro

His buddy and former UT teammate, Mike Williams, is also at Texas College. Why these guys do not go to a D1-AA school is beyond me. Either way, he does not have to sit a year. Tx State, Sam, or SFA would love to have them.

Hell, the word is he is going to Tx College because it is a "black" college....why not go to PV A&M or TX Southern?

I guess this confirms that smoking weed makes you dumb!
Old 07-25-2006   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
His buddy and former UT teammate, Mike Williams, is also at Texas College. Why these guys do not go to a D1-AA school is beyond me. Either way, he does not have to sit a year. Tx State, Sam, or SFA would love to have them.

Hell, the word is he is going to Tx College because it is a "black" college....why not go to PV A&M or TX Southern?

I guess this confirms that smoking weed makes you dumb!
Huh? Black? You mean home of the rich, spoiled, white, I was too dumb for UT girl school?

Then again, maybe that's why he's going there....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You and I could walk on and play at any NAIA school. It's literally at the high schoo level.
I can tell via the experience you have shared that you have none.
Old 07-25-2006   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Sounds like people are getting Texas State and Texas Southern confused here.
Old 07-25-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Sounds like people are getting Texas State and Texas Southern confused here.
I hope so, I'm trying to get my daughter in Texas State with a soccer scholarship.
Old 07-25-2006   #12
MikeMc
All Pro

No, Texas College in Tyler is a historically black college and part of the NAIA:

http://www.texascollege.edu/

Michael Williams is on the roster (DE from Lindale - transfer from UT).
Old 07-25-2006   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
No, Texas College in Tyler is a historically black college and part of the NAIA:

http://www.texascollege.edu/

Michael Williams is on the roster (DE from Lindale - transfer from UT).
'
Texas State is a totally different college.
http://www.txstate.edu/
Old 07-25-2006   #14
MikeMc
All Pro

I know it is. I am not confused with any of these. It is Texas College that he is going to. I said you would think he would want to go to a Div 1-AA school (like Tx Southern or PVA&M) if he wanted to attend a Black college.

Considering that T-State went deep into the playoffs last year, you'd think he would go there or to the transfer hotbed, Sam Houston St. They take on a lot of transfers from big schools.
Old 07-25-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe those schools didn't want thugs that carry pounds of marijuana. Or maybe he was too stoned when he made his decision.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #16
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

would u guys give up a 7th rd pick on taylor?
i would.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #17
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can tell you right now if you were to walk on the Field against any NAIA team you would get killed. They have some pretty good unknown talent on some of those teams. Some of those guys would run right over you. You want to know how I know. I was recruited by Bethany College in Kansas they are a NAIA school and they have a guy up there Last year or the year before that that went to the Tennessee Titans training camp, and almost made it on there practice squad. Another NAIA school that recruited me was Saint Ambrose and they where a really good team that have some real good talant. Now grant it almost all of these guys will not play in the NFL, but that does not mean that they are a High School level team.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read