Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2004   #1
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life
Default heres ya a lil something Chargers fans

I dunno but the odds from what they're saying dont look to good for "Chargers fans" but who knows they're prolly all wrong haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

Little thing I noticed. Look at all the teams that everyone agrees on (Titans, Ravens, Eagels, Panthers and Vikings). All are good teams, and we are up there with them. Maybe a little respect is starting to seep out.
Old 09-10-2004   #3
stone bone
Rookie

well at least our schedule is easier. we play the lions, chargers, raiders, jags twice, browns and bears. that SHOULD be at least 7 wins right there. i see the texans going atleast 8-8. GO TEXANS!
stone bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #4
texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Little thing I noticed. Look at all the teams that everyone agrees on (Titans, Ravens, Eagels, Panthers and Vikings). All are good teams, and we are up there with them. Maybe a little respect is starting to seep out.
or maybe were all playing bad teams , just maybe
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #5
Panther5407
All Pro

No, I think its just because we are that good.
Old 09-10-2004   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to wait until after Sunday but I think we will at least beat the Titans and Colts once this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #7
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Had a nice talk with a Colts fan (he saw my Texans shirt about the same time I saw his Colts shirt) at the Minn/St Paul airport Tuesday. He had plenty of good things to say about us, and he definately thinks we are on the rise. We already knew that though right?!! I just thought it was cool to talk football with somebody from so far away (he was from Indy), and I loved the fact that he knew so much about us. People out there appreciate an organization with class, and he said more than once how we gained Colt's fans respect with how hard we played them.
Old 09-10-2004   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

And here is the CBS Sportsline writers' picks.....

CBS Sportsline
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #9
NoBullTexan
Veteran

With CBS Sportsline if it ain't an eastern team they don't pick you. They could't see anything past the NYC skyline if their life depended on it.
Old 09-10-2004   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

This scares me. All the bozo's who we have seen time and time again not have a clue about games, are now picking us? Not a good sign. Maybe for once they are on track.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #11
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
This scares me. All the bozo's who we have seen time and time again not have a clue about games, are now picking us? Not a good sign. Maybe for once they are on track.

No, they still don't know what there talking about.

Go chargers!!!!!!!
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #12
FatBoyTim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I want to wait until after Sunday but I think we will at least beat the Titans and Colts once this year.
very doubtful in my opinion. They have too many weapons. The titans have a D the Colts are going to look like KC last yr. Great O no D. Doss is out for a month
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #13
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110

CBS Sportsline

Well atleast were still favored i WONDER who the San Diego press picked hmmmm
Old 09-10-2004   #14
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers win

its the san diego way to not be favored... padres or chargers even in the mid 90's when we were good we were picked last its nothing new lol but i do expect to beat the texans and pick up at least 5 or 6 sacks
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #15
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110

CBS Sportsline
Keep in mind, those picks are against the spread. 4 of 6 pick Texans to cover the 4.5
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #16
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

5 or 6 sacks ,,,you MUST BE CRAZY ,,,come on man this isnt Disney world or maybe get off that stuff your on. I'm sure 2002 is still fresh in yalls minds, so why dont ya get of Madden 2005 where ya got it set to EASY and come back to the real world ! Yall ARE gonna lose "simple as that"
Old 09-11-2004   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to dominate a team's o-line to get 5-6 sacks in a game. Even if they were to dominate our o-line, which isn't likely, they still wouldn't get 5 sacks because Carr's mobility and awareness is MUCH improved.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read