Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Putzier on 610

I listened to the first part of the interview, and he said that Bennie Joppru was practicing a bit at FB. He said that in his opinion, the best safety in the league was Ed Reed (i think). i didn't listen to anything beyond that. If anyone else listened, post a synopsis here.
Old 07-25-2006   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Ehhh, he just said how competitive everything is, how Kubiak's offense will keep everyone guessing, how good everyone is, etc.

He DID say Carr will be successful IF he executes.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
I listened to the first part of the interview, and he said that Bennie Joppru was practicing a bit at FB. He said that in his opinion, the best safety in the league was Ed Reed (i think). i didn't listen to anything beyond that. If anyone else listened, post a synopsis here.
liking that new Avatar...
Old 07-25-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
Ehhh, he just said how competitive everything is, how Kubiak's offense will keep everyone guessing, how good everyone is, etc.

He DID say Carr will be successful IF he executes.
Flashbacks!
Old 07-25-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Flashbacks!
No kidding, I used to cringe whenever he said that freakin word. Whenever I hear it now I still think of him. Another thing that drove me nuts was that ridiculous dumbfounded look he used to have on the sideline. I tried to find a picture but couldn't. I know ya'll know the look I'm talking about. It was kinda like "Duh, what just happened, Duh"
Old 07-25-2006   #6
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

joppru at FB? how will he be utilized there when we have jameel cook. ur pretty much wasting talent. id say give him some looks as a TE. if the texans run a 2 TE set, u have putzier and joppru as awesome medium gain targets. breuner is just a blocker of course.
Old 07-25-2006   #7
jmerog
Veteran

Default Benne as FB

good news

Last edited by jmerog; 07-25-2006 at 09:33 AM.
jmerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2006   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
joppru at FB? how will he be utilized there when we have jameel cook. ur pretty much wasting talent. id say give him some looks as a TE. if the texans run a 2 TE set, u have putzier and joppru as awesome medium gain targets. breuner is just a blocker of course.
I'm taking it that Joppru is seeing some time at FB ontop of the time he's seen at TE in practice. In this type of offense the TEs & FBs will be used in a similar way. So we'll likely see sets where the TEs or FBs are put in motion out of the backfield.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
When Joppru was signing autographs at 'All Access' day, I wanted to ask him if he should log some game time before signing autographs, lol.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if they are serious about this, I hope BJ puts on a few lb's. He was looking a little on the thin side. He looked good, but just a little small for the TE or FB position.
Old 07-25-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
When Joppru was signing autographs at 'All Access' day, I wanted to ask him if he should log some game time before signing autographs, lol.
Leave the Wolverine alone. I know it's difficult.
Old 07-25-2006   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
No kidding, I used to cringe whenever he said that freakin word. Whenever I hear it now I still think of him. Another thing that drove me nuts was that ridiculous dumbfounded look he used to have on the sideline. I tried to find a picture but couldn't. I know ya'll know the look I'm talking about. It was kinda like "Duh, what just happened, Duh"
You mean like this pic?
Old 07-25-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean like this pic?
hahaha. Typical Capers.
Old 07-25-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Joppru at FB is a good idea if you are trying to figure out more ways to get him on the field. If that is the case, I think that says alot for Joppru.

***side note*****

I insterted Hape and Putzier on my Madden game, and it is amazing how much better the TEs are. play action passes are crazy now. Putzier gets open almost everytime.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
You mean like this pic?
Man I just spit some coffee out when I scrolled down and saw that. Yep, that's the Duh!! look. Freakin hilarious.
Old 07-25-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The FB role is going to be more of an H-back so you guys need to stop thinking about the FB as a lead blocker only type position. The FB/H-Back/TE will be a motion man and interchangeable in our offense...for the most part.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

<br>

<br>

<br>

the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

lets at least try to keep this on topic guys...more or less...please.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The FB role is going to be more of an H-back so you guys need to stop thinking about the FB as a lead blocker only type position. The FB/H-Back/TE will be a motion man and interchangeable in our offense...for the most part.
I see. Makes sense now.
Old 07-25-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

[quote=the wonger need food]

<br>

I'm sorry, but this is classic. This picture alone describes the Texans up until now for the most part.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read