Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default Who do we have a perfect record against?

We have now played every team in the NFL at least once. We are making our loop through the NFC for the second time. So who are the teams we have never beaten? Who are the teams that have never beaten us? This season we play five teams we have never beaten (Indy twice), and we play four teams we have never lost to. Chances are some of these teams will drop from this list. Who will they be?

We have never beaten...
Division
Indianapolis (0-8)*

Conference
NY Jets (0-2)*
New England (0-1)*
Cincinnati (0-3)
Baltimore (0-2)
San Diego (0-2)
Denver (0-1)

NFC
Philly (0-1)*
Washington (0-1)*
New Orleans (0-1)
Tampa Bay (0-1)
Detroit (0-1)
Green Bay (0-1)
Minnesota (0-1)
San Fran. (0-1)
St. Louis (0-1)
Seattle (0-1)

Have never beaten us...
Division
None
Conference
Oakland (1-0)*
Miami (1-0)*

NFC
NY Giants (1-0)*
Dallas (1-0)*
Atlanta (1-0)
Carolina (1-0)
Chicago (1-0)
Arizona (1-0)

*on the schedule this year (Indy X2)
Old 07-25-2006   #2
HOOK'EM
Veteran

We have only played the Jets 1 time. After this year it will be 2, so that will make us 1-1 when we kick the living snot out of them!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #3
fan no matter what
Rookie

we allways play indy hard and give them a good game i would be happy if we split with them.
fan no matter what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #4
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

we didnt lose to the jets... i remember the end of that game really well. we beat them 14-10 or 17-14. I remember their huge lateral play at the end of the game that got them 50 yards, but no TD.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
We have only played the Jets 1 time. After this year it will be 2, so that will make us 1-1 when we kick the living snot out of them!

I think we have played them twice ...... 2003 & 2004 if memory serves ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rpAn
we didnt lose to the jets... i remember the end of that game really well. we beat them 14-10 or 17-14. I remember their huge lateral play at the end of the game that got them 50 yards, but no TD.

both were losses ..... Seems like we got annihilated at NY and lost a close one here ..... JJ Moses got caught from behind on a punt return late in the game ....
Old 07-25-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

A lot of 0-1, but I guess that's to be expected from such a young team. Cinci's the only record on that list that I don't like because they were supposed to be "the only team we have a shot at this year." We kept the game tight last year, but I would really like a win against them. No wins against Indy is no problem to me. They are riding high and we are riding low. Eventually, this will cycle out. Hopefully, we get one win against them this year. I expect a couple of those NFC teams to go 1-1 this year. Would be real nice if one or two became 2-0.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is our year to take at least one against Indy. I can feel it! The laws of averages has to kick in sometimes, 'eh?

And hopefully we're 2-0 against Dallas after this year!
Old 07-25-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
This is our year to take at least one against Indy. I can feel it! The laws of averages has to kick in sometimes, 'eh?

And hopefully we're 2-0 against Dallas after this year!
I may have posted this before, but I told one of the players that for Christmas I wanted our first win over Indy at home on December 24th.

He said, "What's wrong with September 17th?".

I like the attitude! What a change a year makes.
Old 07-25-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

We are 0-2 vs the Jets. They beat us at home when that dude did the chainsaw to our goal post and then Moses almost returned a game winning kick return and David Carr hit Billy Miller in the head with the ball.

Then of course when we went there and NBC wasn't having us beat their team on National TV, and told the refs to call back DD's 50 yard TD run.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #10
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
We are 0-2 vs the Jets. They beat us at home when that dude did the chainsaw to our goal post and then Moses almost returned a game winning kick return and David Carr hit Billy Miller in the head with the ball.

Then of course when we went there and NBC wasn't having us beat their team on National TV, and told the refs to call back DD's 50 yard TD run.
That particular game sticks in my mind, It's was disrespectful the way we lost. After that game I couldn't stand their QB whatever his name is (the guy with a shoulder problem). I thought he was a little to cocky for my taste.
Old 07-25-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The loss to the Jets at Reliant in '03 was painful. The Texans led 14-0 and then went into shutdown mode. It was one of the earliest signs of things to come.

We had a bunch of Jets fans at our tailgate and they were terrific - and they were real (flew down from Long Island and other foreign places - not some locals who relocated here back in the 70's). They were some of the best out of town fans I've met.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read