Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2006   #1
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default ESPN poll

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=2308

Do it !
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, being a , you can figure where most of mine went.
Old 07-25-2006   #3
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my picks with bold:

1) Which team will win the AFC South?

50.7% Jacksonville Jaguars
46.1% Indianapolis Colts
2.0% Tennessee Titans
1.2% Houston Texans

Jags? Yeah right. We'll jump ahead before they take it. Why is the media so high on J-Ville? It's like this every year.

2) How many teams will make the playoffs from the AFC South?

70.4% Two
29.0% One
0.6% Three

Sorry, we don't make it and J-Ville, once again a media creation.

3) Which team has the best offense in the AFC South?

54.9% Indianapolis Colts
43.1% Jacksonville Jaguars
1.3% Tennessee Titans
0.7% Houston Texans

No kidding.

4) Which team has the best defense in the AFC South?

78.7% Jacksonville Jaguars
17.7% Indianapolis Colts
2.3% Tennessee Titans
1.2% Houston Texans

I went homer. Sue me.

5) Who is the best coach in the AFC South?

49.1% Jack Del Rio, Jaguars
38.6% Tony Dungy, Colts
10.5% Jeff Fisher, Titans
1.8% Gary Kubiak, Texans

Can't wait to change my answer next year.

6) How many sacks will Texans DE Mario Williams have in his rookie season?

57.6% 5 or fewer
26.0% 6-7
12.5% 8-9
3.9% 10 or more

Kids gonna blow it up.

7) How will the Colts ultimately split the touches between running backs Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai?

54.8% Mostly Rhodes
25.7% Split evenly
19.5% Mostly Addai

Don't know. Don't care.

8) Who will be Jacksonville's best wide receiver this season?

65.3% Matt Jones
17.3% Reggie Williams
9.5% Ernest Wilford
7.9% Troy Edwards

Ditto.

9) Which rookie is more likely to be starting by the end of the season?

42.6% LenDale White
20.4% Vince Young
18.9% Neither
18.2% Both

I guess I could have picked both. Goes under don't care file.

10) Which young quarterback has the brightest future?

59.7% Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
31.0% Vince Young, Titans
9.3% David Carr, Texans

I just think Carr is chomping at the bit to prove himself. The whole Leftwich thing is a played out media creation just like the Jags. I STILL don't get where the love affair is.
Old 07-25-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

People dont like our team. Let's see if we can make some people fans this year.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jacksonville will at best go 10-6. More likely 9-7. They had one of, if not the easiest schedule in the NFL last season. Not so this season. I can see why we're last in just about every category, seeing as we haven't given anyone any reason to above that on the playing field, but Mario Williams only having 5 or fewer sacks is ridiculous. I think people voted more on they think Mario shouldn't have been the 1st pick rather than him as a player.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #6
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Here's my picks with bold:

1) Which team will win the AFC South?

50.7% Jacksonville Jaguars
46.1% Indianapolis Colts
2.0% Tennessee Titans
1.2% Houston Texans

Jags? Yeah right. We'll jump ahead before they take it. Why is the media so high on J-Ville? It's like this every year.

why so high?? Maybe because we are the only team other than the Colts to have a winning record in the last few years

2) How many teams will make the playoffs from the AFC South?

70.4% Two
29.0% One
0.6% Three

Sorry, we don't make it and J-Ville, once again a media creation.

Umm, we were 12-4 last season, remind me once again what the Texans were?

10) Which young quarterback has the brightest future?

59.7% Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
31.0% Vince Young, Titans
9.3% David Carr, Texans

I just think Carr is chomping at the bit to prove himself. The whole Leftwich thing is a played out media creation just like the Jags. I STILL don't get where the love affair is.
When are you going to get into your heads??? Carr is horrible...plain and simple...should have drafted the best QB that will be in the draft for awhile.

Old 07-25-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

HAhhh Jack Del Rio .... obviously been a lot of jags fans on there. He's the worst coach in the AFC south
Old 07-25-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Jags have a solid, consistent D that keeps them in every game. It's their O that's just so-so.

I think the Colts will win again this year. We'll push Jax for the second spot, but I think they're still ahead of us in terms of experience and experience in winning. Sorry Tack fan ... I just don't see you guys beating us out this time around.
Old 07-25-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tHate
When are you going to get into your heads??? Carr is horrible...plain and simple...should have drafted the best QB that will be in the draft for awhile.

You had 2 games against us, 2 against the Titans, once against the Niners, the Rams, the Browns, the Cardinals, and the Jets. If you had anything less than nine wins, you would be the laughingstock of the NFL.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't have to apologize to me for your speculation. We'll just see what happens when the season rolls around.
Old 07-25-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
You had 2 games against us, 2 against the Titans, once against the Niners, the Rams, the Browns, the Cardinals, and the Jets. If you had anything less than nine wins, you would be the laughingstock of the NFL.
Old 07-25-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Looks like the Jags were the first ones to hit that board. The Jags might be the worst 11-win team in NFL history. They were 8-8 quality team with an extremely easy schedule (included Houston X2, Tennessee X2, San Fran, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore).

The Colts are still the best in this division. They made the right move by re-signing Wayne instead of James. Addai will bring back the explosive rushing plays that have been lacking from the Colts over the past 3-4 years.
Old 07-25-2006   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like all the Jags fans beat us to the poll.

Edit: Sorry TheOgre, I just read the 1st post and replied. At least we had the same thought.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tHate

Ha Ha, whatchu talking bout Don't Hate?

Someone who has a team with Gary Coleman on it doesn't have room to talk. Especialy when your best QB is your second stringer.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED

Someone who has a team with Gary Coleman on it doesn't have room to talk. Especialy when your best QB is your second stringer.

Old 07-25-2006   #16
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

Quote:

Unfortunatly, Gary Coleman is actually faster than Byron, even with his old age and short legs.

-Homer Stokes
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Krackin me up Gary Coleman that hurts his PeePee every year.
Old 07-25-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
No doubt. Once this Texan Locomotive gets to rolling, Vinny and Co will have to invest in a new server.
Old 07-25-2006   #19
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole
They don't like us, because we didn't walk in and act all scared of "The Big Guys", Cowboys trash talked us..we beat them. 2003 Miami said let's get practice game over with...we beat them, we almost beat Colts in 2003 2nd game (20-17).

We beat the 2003 NFC Champion and took AFC Champion and Super Bowl winner down to seconds left on clock in OT, we aren't afraid and that makes them dislike us.

I would rather be feared then beloved, ask guys who raced against Dale Earnhardt. They said to a man last thing I want to see is that black #3 in my rearview mirror, I want people to look upon Texans same way. I want them to know they are playing us next season and look and see where we end up on their schedule, and they circling the date knowing they going to have to bring it or get beat
Old 07-25-2006   #20
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I love that we are the bottom of the list on everything. Wait till we change their minds this season. I see us at #2 in the AFC South. Jags decline..and Titans are a mess. Chris Brown wants out of Tennessee....we should get him.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read