Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I hope Kubiak knows what he's doing...

1) We draft Mario Williams after we sign Anthony Weaver (to play DE), and knowing we are switching to a 4-3 defense where we have another 1st round pick (Babin), and another player on the rise (Peek) perfectly capable of playing both DE positions.

2) Our coaching staff had to have known DD's injury was pretty serious, and only sign an over the hill veteran as insurance. So now we go into the season not even knowing who are starting RB is and having to explore trading for someone.

3) We did NOTHING to address our secondary. And don't tell me that improving the pass rush will solve all problems b/c it won't. Buchanon and Faggins are not quality starters and I still have no clue who they are starting at the safety positions. CC Brown is average and they just waived Jamaal Lord. I honestly have no clue who are other safety is.

It should have been Ko Simpson who that passed on in the 4th round of the draft to take a 4th string TE instead.

4) I don't even want to touch the OL. Only time will tell on that project. But waiving a guy you just gave a 10 million dollar signing bonus had to feel good.

Good luck Mr. Kubiak.

Wow. This in new stuff I haven't even thought of. :lightbulb:

I'm not going to explain everything again since you can do a search and find a response for all your ideas but a pass rush will help the secondary.

Glen Earl is our other starting safety (you know - the guy who started last year). Jamaal Lord was never in the mix to start and hardly would have seen the field.

I'll let some other folks take the rest.

Welcome to last week.

Here is a VERY quick refresher on what you have missed.

1. Peek & Babin arent full time DEs. Weaver is a DT. Williams is a good pick.

2. Have attempted to bring in a vet. Still are. Chris Brown possible. Denver has never had issues making a no name RB into a star in one season. RB we drafted looks good.

3. Earl is SS. Secondary actually will be fixed by pass rush.

4. Sarcasm rocks. OL is a project you are right. Mckinney is in natural position, Flanagan is one of top Cs in league. Good competition at LT. Pitts back at natural position. Acquired great Oline coach. Running a better offense. Have TEs. etc..etc.. but thanks for being a doom & gloomer, we were getting dangerously close to breaking the mandatory 10:1 "negative to positive posts" quotient.

:crutch: Ho humm another Carr bashing.
Apprently the rest of the NFL wasn't too enamored with Ko either. They pass the stud by three times.

I yeild to Coach's assement of TE Tallent, and pro Tallent evaluation in general over yours. I mean the guy coached Shannon Sharp for goodness sakes. If Owen gives us another target, increases our chances for TDs in the red zone...
I'll buy that. Just would be refreshing to see one open in the middle of a two deep zone. Apparently they didn't think 'ol Ko could break this roster. Also,Zona (*2) and Dallas, and Jacksonville, and New England Kinda cherry picked the TE's off the board befor we came up in the fourth. Might of been the case either get what you need in the red zone offense or wait till next year. We've been doin' a lot of next year waiting.
Switching blocking schemes. Out with the Old, in with the new. You're not his Dad are you ? :stirpot:

I would trust Kube, he is hand on head coach, not like Caper CEO coach. I like Kube coach with offensive mind and care for the defensive side of football.

David's Busted Carr said:
1) We draft Mario Williams after we sign Anthony Weaver (to play DE), and knowing we are switching to a 4-3 defense where we have another 1st round pick (Babin), and another player on the rise (Peek) perfectly capable of playing both DE positions.

Wrong. Absolutely incorrect. We picked up good depth at DE that we have never had before. Peek and Babin can not play the DE positions together.

It should have been Ko Simpson who that passed on in the 4th round of the draft to take a 4th string TE instead.

Good luck Mr. Kubiak.

I am glad we got Owen Daniels over Ko Simpson. It looks to me like he will be the second most used TE for passing. I dont think you need to look at where he is on the depth chart but rather his skills.

I'm reading this, the moving of Weaver to the inside as a sign the " the best DT on the board" last year isn't panning out as they'd hoped. No reason Weaver can't slide Back to DE on running downs is there ? Weaver did very
well as an end in the 3-4. He will do very well as a DT in the 4-3. What was Gary Walkers potion when he was at Tennessee again ?

2) Our coaching staff had to have known DD's injury was pretty serious, and only sign an over the hill veteran as insurance. So now we go into the season not even knowing who are starting RB is and having to explore trading for someone.
Well we drafted Lundi in the seventh. If he can learn to block, and he's half as good in this system as Terrel Davis, I can live with that. And when has DD not been dinged ? Morencey looks like he's got the goods to me.

3) We did NOTHING to address our secondary. And don't tell me that improving the pass rush will solve all problems b/c it won't. Buchanon and Faggins are not quality starters and I still have no clue who they are starting at the safety positions. CC Brown is average and they just waived Jamaal Lord. I honestly have no clue who are other safety is.

Jammall Lord was a crap shoot. 6th rounder with a chance to make the transition. I have no problem with the gamble. We gave him a good hard look. what's the problem ? I like our safties. Give the kids a chance. Phillip has a new leaf as far as I'm concerned. He's working hard and there is hope.

Nope, see above. Rest of the NFL didn't think he did very well at the combine either. Multipul sources said he did not interview well. He's immature and wouldn't have started for us anyway. . .Accept it.

4 I don't even want to touch the OL. Only time will tell on that project. But waiving a guy you just gave a 10 million dollar signing bonus had to feel good.

We got two very good prospects in the third. Plus added depth
@ LT and a veteran Center.

Good luck Mr. Kubiak.

He's gonna need it no doubt. The NFL finnaly gave us a decent Bye. But those opening six are a Killa. Kubes comes out of that Gauntlet 4-2 you gonna come back and say you were wrong ? 3-3 ?
Let Ko go. Come on in the water's fine. We're going to be OK. Going to be a hoot watching this young team come together.

Back