Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2004   #1
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Willis Mcgahee

I'm thinking about adding Mcgahee but need to drop one player, judging from my roster, would you do it? And if yes, who would you drop...I'm thinking dropping Terry Glenn for Mcgahee. Input appreciated.

Ooop, need to mention I dropped Drew Henson for Terry Glenn after the draft.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ead.php?t=2469
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Now I will admit to being a FF novice, but are you in a keeper or dynasty league? If not, Glenn is a starter and Mcgahee is a backup that absent injury is not likely to start this year. Think DD and Hollings. FYI, Hollings has averaged more in pre-season (3.5 ypc) than Mcgahee (3.3 ypc).
Old 09-09-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well I have McGahee on my roster, and I banking on him being a solid guy for me late in the year. What's your RB situation now? Who's starting and who's on the bench? I have McGahee, Foster, and Perry as reserves for my two starting RBs Domanick Davis and Corey Dillon. If you're looking for him to come in as a starter or to put up good numbers early on then I wouldn't think McGahee is the guy for you. If you just need a guy to fill in for a bye week in the middle of the season then I'd say take a flyer on McGahee.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #4
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 243 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Jamal Lewis and Duece Mcallister as the starters, bench is Kevin Jones and Chris Brown. Was thinking of adding Mcgahee for depth, sleeper pick in case Travis Henry goes down.

infantrycak, so are you saying that it's better to get Holling then Mcgahee? And I'm a newbie to FF also, what's a keeper or dynasty league?

My wide recvrs are starters Steve Smith, Charles Rogers and and I'm trying to choose the 3rd starter amongst Peerless Price, Larry Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams. I was thinking I needed another quality bench rcvr so I got Terry Glenn in my roster.

But now I'm thinking I need a rb for depth instead of a rcvr, that's why the thoughts on Mcgahee.
Old 09-10-2004   #5
Playmaker
Veteran

Ok, here's another name to consider as a ff reserve.

Given Marshall Faulk's injury record, it might be good to take a flyer on his backup, Steven Jackson.

So who would make a better ff reserve rb, Mcgahee or S. Jackson? Both of the starters on front of them (Travis Henry and M. Faulk) has a history of being dinged up, although Henry hasn't missed many games.
Old 09-10-2004   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

PM,

You are deep at WR and they are the easiest position to replace in most leagues. RB's are the exact opposite; they are the hardest position to replace as the season progresses. I would load up early on starters and high potential guys. If you have a shot at Lamar Gordon of Miami (just traded from the Rams and likely to start in a few weeks), I would jump on him first. A few weeks into the season, as the bye weeks hit you, you might want to discard a few of these "potential" guys that look like they are not going to pan out.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #7
Playmaker
Veteran

Interesting...so Gordon has a better outlook then Mcgahee? I'm trying to figure out if I can have both on my roster...thanks for the tip.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker
infantrycak, so are you saying that it's better to get Holling then Mcgahee? And I'm a newbie to FF also, what's a keeper or dynasty league?
No, I just threw that out there for the folks that love Mcgahee and the folks that dislike Hollings.

A keeper league continues from year to year and has a certain number of players from each team that may be held on to with the rest of the team filled out each year with a new draft. So in your case you might keep Jamal Lewis and Deuce and then redraft the rest of your team.

A dynasty league also continues from year to year, but you keep your entire team after the first year and only draft rookies and have to make cuts to make room for the rookies.
Old 09-10-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker
Interesting...so Gordon has a better outlook then Mcgahee? I'm trying to figure out if I can have both on my roster...thanks for the tip.
Gordon will likely be a starter for the Dolphins after week 1. Minor will probably handle most of the snaps in the Titans game, but Gordon is more suited to the Dolphins running style, and Minor will serve as a change of pace back. McGahee is a "potential" starter. He would need Henry to go down with an injury, or he'd have to surpass him with some phenomal play. I took McGahee because he could be big for me in the middle of the season if the Bills are out of contention or if Henry is injured.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #10
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I have E. James and D. Davis on my team but I did claim Gordon off of waivers. Right now, Gordon would be the better option over McGahee if you can get him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read