Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-23-2006   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106584 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ty Law Signs with Chiefs

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5809914

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law agreed to a five-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Law will rejoin Herman Edwards, who coached him with the New York Jets last year, when the veteran came back from a severe foot injury and led the NFL with 10 interceptions. Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said Law will take his physical Monday.

Edwards, who replaced Dick Vermeil as head coach of the Chiefs, is a former Pro Bowl cornerback and has vowed to revamp a Kansas City defense that the past five years has been near the bottom of the league.

The 32-year-old Law, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, will pair with Patrick Surtain in what could be the Chiefs' strongest secondary since James Hasty and Albert Carter anchored the backfield in the mid-1990s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

There goes our last but not likely chance at getting a #2 CB :brickwall
Old 07-23-2006   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
There goes our last but not likely chance at getting a #2 CB :brickwall
For many reasons, Law was never on the Texans radar.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
For many reasons, Law was never on the Texans radar.
I know, I know, but he was on my radar and that's all that counts
Old 07-23-2006   #5
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Wow this will make the cheifs a superbowl contender.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #6
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I thought the Titans would have benefitted most from picking him up----d**n
Old 07-23-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

The chiefs are putting a lot of big pieces and money into their defense...If LJ is the real deal this year, they could be a force.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
The chiefs are putting a lot of big pieces and money into their defense...If LJ is the real deal this year, they could be a force.
They may be the favorite to win the AFC West. I don't know how well the Broncos will do after losing Kubiak. Will Jake Plummer have another Pro Bowl season? Who's there running back? Will Ashley Lelie be too much of a distraction if he leaves? The Broncos still have lots of talent, but I don't know if they'll be as good as they were last year.

The Raiders have Aaron Brooks as their QB. I don't know if that's much of an upgrade over Kerry Collins. It might even be a downgrade. They have Al Davis interfering too much in the organization. Art Shell get's rehired, but he has to keep all the coaches from the old staff.

The Chargers have Phillip Rivers as their starter. I think it all depends on him for San Diego. If he turns out to be as good as they think, then it'll be a three way race between them, Denver, and KC. It should be a very competitive division.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Wow, 5 years? I think the Chiefs just got sideswept....
Old 07-24-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Ty Law (if he can stay healthy and still play effectively, he survived last year but his increasing age makes it continually more dubious of a situation) and Patrick Surtain are definitely a nice CB duo, I don't know if the Chiefs are ready for a Super Bowl run yet but I definitely think they will be in the playoffs this year, maybe beat the Broncos out for the division too.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I don't know about Herm Edwards. He seems to get his teams into playoff contention, but doesn't seem to have it together enough to string together wins in the playoffs. He might be the next Marty S.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read