Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-23-2006   #1
Ironist
Rookie

Default Reggie Bush: From a different point of view.

Lately there has been so much bashing of Reggie Bush and his character that I've felt compelled to ask "Is this everyones belief, or just us Texans fans'?"

I found some interesting things. Bush has donated HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars already to local schools and rebuilding efforts. I then found a Saints message board. THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM. He has already done so much for the community, and he DOES want to be in camp on time.

Anyways, I just thought I'd invite the Bush-bashers to visit a Saints thread and see if you still feel he's a "jerk" after.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/s...hreadid=211537
Ironist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #2
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I guess that beats him blowing it all on hookers and coke. Seriously, I'm glad he's donating to good causes and forging ties with the community, but I still think he's greedy for holding out at this point. Could be I've received faulty information or it could be I'm just wrong. Still my opinion.
Old 07-23-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I could see why the Saints are in love with Reggie Bush. After our front office fumbled the ball the Saints got who should've been the first pick overall and one of the greatest ever College players. Reggie has been helping out in the community and bashing him because he is currently not signed is just showing how much we really hope that Reggie fails so that we don't look stupid. I'm sure Reggie won't let that happen. He's not stupid, and he's not going to screw up his future to gain a couple more dollars. Reggie will get signed and this will not hold him back at all. The NFL is a business like all sports and Reggie and his agent will do what they can to get Reggie what they think he deserves but I think his agent and him are both smart enough to realize they will lose more than they can gain by sitting out a season and re-entering the draft.
Old 07-23-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I guess that beats him blowing it all on hookers and coke. Seriously, I'm glad he's donating to good causes and forging ties with the community, but I still think he's greedy for holding out at this point. Could be I've received faulty information or it could be I'm just wrong. Still my opinion.
Part of it is his agent too, Segal is renowned for waiting until the player picked before and after each of his clients is signed so he gets a deal somewhere in between or better. It is somewhat of a safe move on his part to protect himself but his clients to tend to take longer to get signed. If I'm not mistaken Segal also represents Santonio Holmes, so he might be a late signee as well.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Part of it is his agent too, Segal is renowned for waiting until the player picked before and after each of his clients is signed so he gets a deal somewhere in between or better. It is somewhat of a safe move on his part to protect himself but his clients to tend to take longer to get signed. If I'm not mistaken Segal also represents Santonio Holmes, so he might be a late signee as well.

With Holmes off field arrests and character issues, after hearing Cowher's comments when interviewed, if he has anything to say about it, his offer will be "limited" if nonexistent......interesting to say the least.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
With Holmes off field arrests and character issues, after hearing Cowher's comments when interviewed, if he has anything to say about it, his offer will be "limited" if nonexistent......interesting to say the least.
The Steelers need him more than they think they do if they don't sign him...they've got nobody to take the #2 WR role if they don't sign him. They'll come to an agreement good for both sides but it will be for a little less than what Santonio would originally get, but not much less. He's still got talent and I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes considering he's going to lose a couple mil because of them.
Old 07-23-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rich people throwing cash at charities doesn't make them swell people in my book. Also, the "greatest college player ever" thing is starting to grate on me as well. If that sentence doesn't start and end with Bo Jackson, i don't want to read it. Reggie is a scatback. In my opinion, a scatback with good vision, lousy size, terrible instincts and decision making skills (holds the ball away from his body a lot, which will translate to fumbles in the nfl, Also, makes poor decisions in crucial situation...i.e. the rose bowl lateral). I think the hype on this guy is amazing, and i wouldn't be suprised to see him holdout for a year a la bo jackson. Im not suprised there was scandal about his parents housing, and Im not suprised that people are heralding him as the 2nd coming of Gale Sayers. I just think he is overrated.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2006   #8
Anguyen
Rookie

hellooo Bush donate other people (sponsors) money to repair his image got it. If he wanted to be in camp on time then why he don't sign the 2nd pick overall money?
Anguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguyen
hellooo Bush donate other people (sponsors) money to repair his image got it. If he wanted to be in camp on time then why he don't sign the 2nd pick overall money?
Welcome to the board. Interesting first post. If Reggie is truely a college football god, as some people seem to feel, why SHOULD he settle for 2nd pick money. Its ridiculous if you think about it, being as how he should have been the first overall pick. This is not a new schtick though, Kellen Winslow Jr. wanted #1 overall money based on the fact that cleveland said they would have chosen him 1st overall if they had held the #1 pick. The logic is just as sound as Reggies.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 07-23-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprisingly I am in a bit of agreeance with Mr. SWTBound in this case. I don't think that throwing a ton of money at charities automatically makes you a good person. Also, if he wanted to help a disaster-torn city, why not start with helping out their football team and not haggling like this? Not only does this make me feel better about snagging Super Mario, it makes me feel sorry for the city of NO that his ego and hype is cursing them already.

Don't get me wrong... you can go back to a thread in April before the draft and see me rooting for Reggie all the way. I think he is (or can be molded into) a terrific player. But in the end, I realize that Kubiak and McNair made a calculated move in doing this. Not only do they avoid a holdout, they gain an outstanding leader on defensive. It's not like we actually needed a severe boost to our running game... that's not our weak point.
Old 07-23-2006   #11
Anguyen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Welcome to the board. Interesting first post. If Reggie is truely a college football god, as some people seem to feel, why SHOULD he settle for 2nd pick money. Its ridiculous if you think about it, being as how he should have been the first overall pick. This is not a new schtick though, Kellen Winslow Jr. wanted #1 overall money based on the fact that cleveland said they would have chosen him 1st overall if they had held the #1 pick. The logic is just as sound as Reggies.
well you telling me player at the 12th pick he think he is should be picking at number 6th pick should he be paid at number 6Th pick?
Old 07-23-2006   #12
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguyen
Good point... if he wanted to be in camp, he would be.

Reggie isn't hurting for money. He can take less than Mario and make up the difference with all that endorsement money--some of which he has already collected.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Surprisingly I am in a bit of agreeance with Mr. SWTBound in this case. I don't think that throwing a ton of money at charities automatically makes you a good person. Also, if he wanted to help a disaster-torn city, why not start with helping out their football team and not haggling like this? Not only does this make me feel better about snagging Super Mario, it makes me feel sorry for the city of NO that his ego and hype is cursing them already.

Don't get me wrong... you can go back to a thread in April before the draft and see me rooting for Reggie all the way. I think he is (or can be molded into) a terrific player. But in the end, I realize that Kubiak and McNair made a calculated move in doing this. Not only do they avoid a holdout, they gain an outstanding leader on defensive. It's not like we actually needed a severe boost to our running game... that's not our weak point.
This might be one of those signs of the apocalypse i've heard so much about.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 07-23-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time
He can take less than Mario and make up the difference with all that endorsement money--some of which he has already collected.
Yea... where do you think his donations to date came from? I doubt the Saints are letting him near the petty cash fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
This might be one of those signs of the apocalypse i've heard so much about.
Old 07-24-2006   #15
Anguyen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Yea... where do you think his donations to date came from? I doubt the Saints are letting him near the petty cash fund.

He's flipping burger at McDonald for min paid, and give to charities.
Old 07-24-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist
Lately there has been so much bashing of Reggie Bush and his character that I've felt compelled to ask "Is this everyones belief, or just us Texans fans'?"

I found some interesting things. Bush has donated HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars already to local schools and rebuilding efforts. I then found a Saints message board. THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM. He has already done so much for the community, and he DOES want to be in camp on time.

Anyways, I just thought I'd invite the Bush-bashers to visit a Saints thread and see if you still feel he's a "jerk" after.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/s...hreadid=211537
Yep...still think he is a jerk and a cancer...glad he is in your organization and not mine.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 07-24-2006   #17
Ironist
Rookie

I'm not saying throwing a bunch of money at charities makes someone a good guy, but let's remember...we have no reason to believe he's a bad guy, either.
Old 07-24-2006   #18
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Like i said in the other thread if he wanted to sign already he would have accepted the number 2 money and would be in training camp on time. Hes a millionare throwing a few hundred thousand dollars doesnt make you a great person with a kind heart. Ironist we just listed a few reasons on why he is a selfish guy.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #19
Ironist
Rookie

So I'm guessing the other 30 unsigned 1st rounders are selfish as well?

They're all working on contracts trying to get as much as they can get. We have no idea what contracts have been offered or discussed. Besides, the saints knew they would pay near #1 money for a prospect who (in almost any scenario) would have been #1.
Old 07-24-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone needs to warn Bush of the road he is heading down. I don't remember Keyshawn being this bad. Bush wants more money than Mario Williams, but he's getting a lot of money, no matter what happens.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read